ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Name Change Requirement !! Please see

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Company Name Change Requirement !! Please see

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

Hello Everyone,

I am on my PSW visa and planning to switch to Tier-1 entrepreneur £50000 route.

I have already registered a company on 24th January 2013. Now I wish to change the name of my company.

I called the company house today and they advised that on the current appointments report it would say that my old company name was this and it has been changed to this? Do you think this would be a problem? Or should I register a new company and close this company?

It also says on the policy guidance that the company should be registered within 3 months of making an application. Will it be a problem if I apply for a visa if more than 3 months have passed since the company was registered? I mean my company was registered on 24.01.2013 so if I apply on 01.05.2013 will that be a problem?

Thank you my friends.

Have a lovely day ahead !!

monolyte

Re: Company Name Change Requirement !! Please see

Post by monolyte » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:28 am

Entrepreneur9 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have already registered a company on 24th January 2013. Now I wish to change the name of my company.

I called the company house today and they advised that on the current appointments report it would say that my old company name was this and it has been changed to this? Do you think this would be a problem? Or should I register a new company and close this company?

It also says on the policy guidance that the company should be registered within 3 months of making an application. Will it be a problem if I apply for a visa if more than 3 months have passed since the company was registered? I mean my company was registered on 24.01.2013 so if I apply on 01.05.2013 will that be a problem?

Thank you my friends.

OOPPss....
Last edited by monolyte on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 am

monolyte. Please go back and read policy guidance again. Please support your argument that a company MUST be older than 3 months from policy guidance. Many thanks
it says following
"(d) You:
(i) are applying for leave to remain,
(ii) have, or were last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant,
(iii)were, on a date no earlier than three months prior to the date of
application,
(1) registered with HM revenue and Customs as self-employed, or
(2) registered a new business in which you are a director, or
(3) registered as a director of an existing business,

monolyte wrote:

Thank you my friends.

HELLO DUDE...

THEY SIMPLY MEAN THAT YOUR COMPANY MUST BE ATLEAST 3 MONTHS OLD. SO IT WILL NOT BE ADVISABLE TO APPLY WHEN YOUR COMPANY IS 2 MONTHS 27 DAYS OR 30 DAYS OLD AS THE CASE MAYBE. SO IF YOU REGISTER A NEW COMPANY YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY. SO CHECK AND SEE IF THAT WILL BE SAFE OR OK FOR YOU.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:42 am

entrepreneur123 wrote:monolyte. Please go back and read policy guidance again. Please support your argument that a company MUST be older than 3 months from policy guidance. Many thanks
it says following
"(d) You:
(i) are applying for leave to remain,
(ii) have, or were last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant,
(iii)were, on a date no earlier than three months prior to the date of
application,
(1) registered with HM revenue and Customs as self-employed, or
(2) registered a new business in which you are a director, or
(3) registered as a director of an existing business,

monolyte wrote:

Thank you my friends.

HELLO DUDE...

THEY SIMPLY MEAN THAT YOUR COMPANY MUST BE ATLEAST 3 MONTHS OLD. SO IT WILL NOT BE ADVISABLE TO APPLY WHEN YOUR COMPANY IS 2 MONTHS 27 DAYS OR 30 DAYS OLD AS THE CASE MAYBE. SO IF YOU REGISTER A NEW COMPANY YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY. SO CHECK AND SEE IF THAT WILL BE SAFE OR OK FOR YOU.
OOPsss....
you are right I did'nt qoute it properly. my mistake

Mr X
Newly Registered

Post by Mr X » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi monolyte.as others advise Please go back and read policy guidance again. However, make sure that the company "MUST NOT "be older than 3 months from policy guidance. Many thanks
it says following
"(iii)were, on a date "NO EARLIER THAN "three months prior to the date of
application"
In simple English, NO EARLIER THAN = not earlier than or not after three months. If you are still confused, consultant an expert, solicitor or contact ukba. All the best good luck

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes now I understand that the company should not be more than 3 months old.

But my question is:

1. I wish to change the name of my company. I called the company house today and they advised that on the current appointments report it would say that my old company name was this and it has been changed to this? Do you think this would be a problem? Or should I register a new company and close this company?

Mr X
Newly Registered

Post by Mr X » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm

@Entrepreneur9:

Sorry your query is still not crystal clear! Could you please rephrase your question? And moreover why are you wanting to change your company name? Because, the reason why you like to change your company name might be the key solution for your query! :)

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Mr X,

Sorry for the confusion.

The reason I want to change the name of my company is because the previous name doesn't match with the services my company is providing. It also doesn't sound that professional.

So I want to change the name of the company, I will make new advertising material, contracts and will change everything to my new company name before submitting my application.

My question is:

If I change the name of the company then will it affect my application in any way.

If yes, then should I close this company and register a new company?

Hope its clear now.

Many Thanks

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Mr X wrote:@Entrepreneur9:

Sorry your query is still not crystal clear! Could you please rephrase your question? And moreover why are you wanting to change your company name? Because, the reason why you like to change your company name might be the key solution for your query! :)

Hi Mr X,

Sorry for the confusion.

The reason I want to change the name of my company is because the previous name doesn't match with the services my company is providing. It also doesn't sound that professional.

So I want to change the name of the company, I will make new advertising material, contracts and will change everything to my new company name before submitting my application.

My question is:

If I change the name of the company then will it affect my application in any way.

If yes, then should I close this company and register a new company?

Hope its clear now.

Many Thanks

Mr X
Newly Registered

Post by Mr X » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Entrepreneur9:

First of all, I'm nt an expert n 2 all we discuss here are our opinions.. To get the best result consult a solicitor or contact ukba .

Yes, your query is very much clear now. From whatever you have mentioned, I could see no reason for you to change to meet the visa requirements.however its your business so you should take a call if the change in name would have an adverse positive effect on your business?

I understand you may find your firms name or products naming conviction may not be of traditional business format however, it's nothing wrong to have a name out of sync .. Example :" Oyster cards" just by the name one could only relate it to jewellery business however transport of London uses in a different way n it's totally accepted. Another example:" boots store"- just by the name one would think its a footwear store but its in to selling medical products..(the name is coined after its founders) n there are lot more apple,Raspberry etc so according to my opinion for ukba to grant your visa what every name in which you run a business it does not matter but all it matters is what you offer to do n how are you going to do it. Hope it was helpful all the best good luck.