ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiries made before approval of naturalization application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

natques
Newly Registered

Enquiries made before approval of naturalization application

Post by natques » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi,

Could someone who has been naturalized after the good character requirements came into effect on 4th Dec 2006 please tell me if there was any address verification done by the police or any other home office authority prior to approval. I and the other residents in the house I live in are all at work Mon to Fri and I am afraid if someone were to come checking, they would not be attended to. Does anyone know of any police enquiry carried out before approval. Just for the record, please note that I have nothing to hide and am not 'afraid' of an enquiry, but wanted to know if they would come unannounced, if at all they came. Also, does anyone know of any other checks that are made as part of the good character requirement ? All help much appreciated.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:11 pm

It's extremely unlikely that anyone will actually come to your house as part of enquiries, thats absolutely not the norm. They do their checks regarding your address (and pretty much everything else) via computer systems and if there are any queries they will write to you. Your named referees might get a phone call asking if you're a good 'un, but even that seems to happen very rarely.

Regarding police checks, I dont really know but I guess if you're not on the police computer for something heinous you'll be fine. I know they check for CCJ's, so do tell them on your application form if you have any..
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

darksquid

Post by darksquid » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I wasn't contacted in any way as part of the process. Neither were my referees.
Fixer of Old Stuff

natques
Newly Registered

Post by natques » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey, thanks very much, tekaweni and darksquid. Much appreciated.

On the matter of CCJ, please note that I have 'won' a case I had filed and the defendant was ordered to pay up. My understanding of the requirements tells me that I need not declare this, do you agree with me ?

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:30 pm

natques - They are only interested in judgements given against you, not for you. So dont declare that one.

Good luck with your application, and keep us posted!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

natques
Newly Registered

Post by natques » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks, tekaweni. I thought so too.

I have asked a question about council tax separately, a while ago. Do you think you might have some info on that too, if you can be bothered, that is. Thanks.