ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Croydon PEO Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amir3993
Newly Registered

Strange Croydon PEO Experience

Post by amir3993 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi All,

I and my dependant had PEO appointment at Croydon on Friday 15-03-2013 at 11:00.

Everything went well, done security checks, got the application forms validated, customer service checked the application, done Biometrics and finally my token number was called by case worker.

Gave all the documents and after 45 mins she called our token number and informed that application is fine however we cannot provide you any letter as there is an issue with our biometrics system.

We were asked to wait, we waited for 2 hours and was again called by the case worker and was informed due to technical issues biometrics results are not showing for most of the applicants, was informed not to waste time and just enjoy the weekend.

She took my mobile number and informed me that as soon as system are backup which is likely to be Monday she will call me to see if I'm ok to collect my passport and the letter at Croydon PEO or want her to post it to us.

I've submitted my payslips bank documents utility bill and passport.
She have returned all of them and kept just the passport and gave one letter stating that UKBA hold my passport.

We waited both yesterday and today however we haven’t heard anything back from UKBA or the same caseworker.

I've called UKBA helpline and was advice that they only have info of the applicants whose cases are with UKBA more than 6 months.

I'm planning to visit India as my grandfather is not well but without the passport or the letter or the biometric card i can’t even book my tickets.

Anyone please advise what should i do ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amir

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Strange Croydon PEO Experience

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 pm

amir3993 wrote:Hi All,

I and my dependant had PEO appointment at Croydon on Friday 15-03-2013 at 11:00.

Everything went well, done security checks, got the application forms validated, customer service checked the application, done Biometrics and finally my token number was called by case worker.

Gave all the documents and after 45 mins she called our token number and informed that application is fine however we cannot provide you any letter as there is an issue with our biometrics system.

We were asked to wait, we waited for 2 hours and was again called by the case worker and was informed due to technical issues biometrics results are not showing for most of the applicants, was informed not to waste time and just enjoy the weekend.

She took my mobile number and informed me that as soon as system are backup which is likely to be Monday she will call me to see if I'm ok to collect my passport and the letter at Croydon PEO or want her to post it to us.

She have returned all of them and kept just the passport and gave one letter stating that UKBA hold my passport.

We waited both yesterday and today however we haven’t heard anything back from UKBA or the same caseworker.

I've called UKBA helpline and was advice that they only have info of the applicants whose cases are with UKBA more than 6 months.

I'm planning to visit India as my grandfather is not well but without the passport or the letter or the biometric card i can’t even book my tickets.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amir
Goto their document collection centre from 9-12 same place and ask about your case. Most probably you will get some info from their.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

There were some reports that they are busy upgrading their systems - I would follow the advice already given by the caseworker and wait until Monday. There would be no reason for them to hold onto your passports longer than is necessary.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

kiranrongali
Newly Registered

Re: Strange Croydon PEO Experience

Post by kiranrongali » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

amir3993 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Amir
Hi Amir,

Did you get any update from HO? I had similar experience with belfast PEO but sill waiting for the decision.
Please reply me .

Thanks,