ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query - Kindly help(urgent)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WingsToFly
Newly Registered

ILR Query - Kindly help(urgent)

Post by WingsToFly » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Team,

I am on HSMP + Tier1(G) and my PEO appointment for settlement is next week(25-March) at Croydon. So just wanted to confirm the below points. My sincere thanks to anyone that can help clarify the below:

1. First entry into UK within 90 days of HSMP. So am I eligible to apply for settlement without second Tier1 extension required?

Visa dates as per below:

* HSMP: 18-April-2008 to 18-April-2010
* Tier1(G): 18-April-2010 to 18-April-2013

* First entry into the UK: 16-July-2008
* Delay: 89 days

* Total days out of UK since 2008: 64 days(which is <180 days for the whole 5 years)

2. My 2 dependants(wife and son) joined me in May 2009 and have been living with me since the time. However they have travelled in and out of UK for vacation every year for 2-3 months. So believe dependants absence is not counted and they are eligible to apply same time with me?

3. If dependants applying same time then they can be included in the same single Set(O) form of the primary applicant. Meaning dependants don't need to apply using any separate forms?

4. I am using SET(O) version 12/2012. So hope that's the correct version to use?

5. Section 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Calculating from the date of entry into UK(16-July-2008) upto the date of application it would be 4 years, 8 months, 10 days.

Is this correct or do I need to calculate starting from date of hsmp visa start date(18-April-2008) which would then mean 4 years, 11 months, 8 days

Kindly confirm. Thanks for your help!

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi WingstoFly,

see answers to your questions in red:
1. First entry into UK within 90 days of HSMP. So am I eligible to apply for settlement without second Tier1 extension required?

Absolutely
Visa dates as per below:

* HSMP: 18-April-2008 to 18-April-2010
* Tier1(G): 18-April-2010 to 18-April-2013

* First entry into the UK: 16-July-2008
* Delay: 89 days

* Total days out of UK since 2008: 64 days(which is <180 days for the whole 5 years)

This is fine
2. My 2 dependants(wife and son) joined me in May 2009 and have been living with me since the time. However they have travelled in and out of UK for vacation every year for 2-3 months. So believe dependants absence is not counted and they are eligible to apply same time with me?
Yes
3. If dependants applying same time then they can be included in the same single Set(O) form of the primary applicant. Meaning dependants don't need to apply using any separate forms?
Yes
4. I am using SET(O) version 12/2012. So hope that's the correct version to use?

Absolutely
5. Section 7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Calculating from the date of entry into UK(16-July-2008) upto the date of application it would be 4 years, 8 months, 10 days.

Is this correct or do I need to calculate starting from date of hsmp visa start date(18-April-2008) which would then mean 4 years, 11 months, 8 days

Your date of entry into the UK and not from the date of your HSMP visa start date. So effectly, the first day your feet landed on British soil

WingsToFly
Newly Registered

Post by WingsToFly » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey fomsand1,

Thanks a bunch for sorting my queries. Very much appreciate it. Have a nice evening mate.