ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 extension help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

james.2013
Newly Registered

tier 1 extension help needed

Post by james.2013 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi All,
I feel ashamed to write this post, As my tier 1 extension is due to expire on april 14 2013 and I booked an PEO on 27 march 2013 I met all the criteria in all measures, but the problem I have got is I was charged by police for FPN shoplifting in june 2011 i was out for shopping with one of my friend who is on visit to UK he has lifted some of the things from boots as i dont even know he has done it untill the security officers caught us while we are coming out from the store and than police officer was called in and we were charged for Fixed penality Notice for £80, As It was not even my fault but still i have to face it I paid the fine Immediately, i have done the basic CRB check nothing showed in it my question is do I need to mention in my visa application form If yes what would be the result of it.
As FPN is not a criminal Conviction?? where should I metion in the application form

please guys by gods grace please help me from the situation, I'm very tensed what to do in this situation.

waiting for your replies

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:19 pm

No need to mention it. Its not a civil judgement only a fine, same like FPN given to motorists on the spot by Police.

If Boots has caught your friend through camera then why are you worried and you shouldn't have accepted the FPN from Police because it was your friend who did shop lifting not you.

If your conviction is recorded in PND (Police National Database) then you should include this in your application because when you provide biometrics to UKBA they will check your name and finger prints in multiple government databases for any possible flags.

james.2013
Newly Registered

Post by james.2013 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 pm

thanks for your reply
as I was with him they thaught even I'm involved in it i said them I dont even know.... :( , I'm not sure about police national database, can you tell me how apply for it, if at all it is mentioned in the database what will it have effects on the application.

james.2013
Newly Registered

Post by james.2013 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 pm

and also I was not convicted I Just received the fine

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:38 pm

There is no civil judgement against you because the matter was resolved outside court.

There is no need to put this in your application.

It wont effect your extension application, however if it is recorded in PND then it might effect your ILR or possibly Neutralization.

Only Enhanced CRB can disclose all convictions and non-conviction information.

My recommendation do enhanced CRB.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm