ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ale001

Good

Post by ale001 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 am

justice12 wrote:I have received a letter from The HO last week !

- Thank you for your correspondence of january about the above issue .
- I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectation on this occasion , as requested i have reviewed your concerns thoroughly and would like to Apologise for the - delay in considering your application for leave to remain.
- you submitted your application in April
- we have received an exceptional high volume of applications , this has had an impact on the processing time for all applications across temporary migration.
- application on the form FLR O are considered by family case work team , this area of the business is currently handling a queue of complex cases .
- we are currently working on the cases where the biometric data was captured at the end of April 2012 ,we received biometric enrollment details for this ---application at the end of April 2012 and we will right to you with our decision as soon as possible .
Same story from me justice .. Don't worry, we will get good news.. :lol:
Ale001

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:31 am

irfan99 wrote:hi Guys...

Good news to share... So today I received my BRP granted for 30 months

Biomatric done : 18/02/2013
BRP issues date : 19/02/2013
BRP received at solictor address: 22/02/2013

Biomatrics was sitting on solictor desk last 3 weeks and he never informed me, few days ago i email ukba to inqure about my BRP and they told me its been already deliver...

sucks really but atleast i finally get it.....

Good luck to all of you.

Irfan
can you pleqase share your story. seems your bio came really really fast.

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 am

Home office wrote to my mp on behalf of me this morning . They say my case is a case is a complex one . Reason being I have been an overstayer for 9 years. And there's no compassionate grounds for me regardless of my British child and life in the uk . It also states that , it could take up to September for a decision to be made , and if I'm refused there would be no right to appeal !
So sad !

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Why lie wrote:Home office wrote to my mp on behalf of me this morning . They say my case is a case is a complex one . Reason being I have been an overstayer for 9 years. And there's no compassionate grounds for me regardless of my British child and life in the uk . It also states that , it could take up to September for a decision to be made , and if I'm refused there would be no right to appeal !
So sad !
woow. thats serious. am sad to hear that. but i thought tyey said that even if you are an over stayer theywill still consider some things. so if i may ask the main reason why it is a complex situation is becasue you are an over stayer? so that means if you applied before your visa expired they would have considered your application is that what they are trying to say? man dont loose hope have faith am sure there is a solution to your problem and why are they saying it can take up to september. is it just your case or for every one? am really sorry to hear this

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm

It's now been over 6 months since I sent in my application, I was thinking of contacting my MP but I don't know what to say? Any examples/ideas?

Also, I was looking on the UKBA site and it said you cannot contact them if you've been waiting less than 6 months but they don't give you a phone number to call if it's been LONGER than 6 months!

Help?! I'm so desperate now :(

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Babatha wrote:It's now been over 6 months since I sent in my application, I was thinking of contacting my MP but I don't know what to say? Any examples/ideas?

Also, I was looking on the UKBA site and it said you cannot contact them if you've been waiting less than 6 months but they don't give you a phone number to call if it's been LONGER than 6 months!

CALL THE NUMBER OFTHE ACKNOWLEGEMENT LETTER? HAVE YOU DONE YOUR BIOMETRICS... WHATS YOUR STORY. ALSO WHEN YOU CALL THE NUMBER JUST FOLLOW THE VOICE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST PRES THE 4 THEN 3 THEN 1 AND WAIT TILL SOME ONE PICKS. REMEMBER DONT HANG UP.. WHATS YOUR STORY IF I MAY ASK

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Babatha, my application is over 6 months, and i did call to get a hold of them, all they told me is that they cannot give me any time estimate since they are so behind. was pretty much useless. if you call and find out anything new, let us know.

i also did ask them if it was true that they were working on applications where the bio was done in april of 2012 (which i heard on here) they didnt know... but from reading on here it does not sound like they are going in order at all

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:51 pm

majojo wrote:
Babatha wrote:It's now been over 6 months since I sent in my application, I was thinking of contacting my MP but I don't know what to say? Any examples/ideas?

CALL THE NUMBER OFTHE ACKNOWLEGEMENT LETTER? HAVE YOU DONE YOUR BIOMETRICS... WHATS YOUR STORY. ALSO WHEN YOU CALL THE NUMBER JUST FOLLOW THE VOICE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST PRES THE 4 THEN 3 THEN 1 AND WAIT TILL SOME ONE PICKS. REMEMBER DONT HANG UP.. WHATS YOUR STORY IF I MAY ASK
I thought the phone number on the acknowledgment letter was just to request your documents back, but I will try to phone them, thanks.

No, not done my biometrics, I received my acknowledgment letter on 19/09/12 so it passed the 6month mark today.

My story - I moved here in 2005 with my family on a family visa. My family moved to Spain in 2010 and I did not know that after they left the country, I ceased to have the right to live here anymore.
So I only found out in 2012, when I was trying to renew my passport, that I had not right to love here anymore and was an 'overstayer' for 2 years!

I tried to apply for an extension of my EEA family visa (because I was adopted by my German father) and that was refused because he doesn't live in the country anymore.

Me and my wonderful partner went to a lawyer and he suggested a Fiance visa or FLR(O). I didn't want to get married because I had (although we do want that one day) so we went for FLR(O).

So my partner (and now sponsor) had supported me in every way since 2011 but i'm getting so depressed and scared if they try to make me leave as I was 14 when I moved here and don't know anything about living in the USA(where i'm from).

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Babatha wrote:
majojo wrote:

I thought the phone number on the acknowledgment letter was just to request your documents back, but I will try to phone them, thanks.

No, not done my biometrics, I received my acknowledgment letter on 19/09/12 so it passed the 6month mark today.

My story - I moved here in 2005 with my family on a family visa. My family moved to Spain in 2010 and I did not know that after they left the country, I ceased to have the right to live here anymore.
So I only found out in 2012, when I was trying to renew my passport, that I had not right to love here anymore and was an 'overstayer' for 2 years!

I tried to apply for an extension of my EEA family visa (because I was adopted by my German father) and that was refused because he doesn't live in the country anymore.

Me and my wonderful partner went to a lawyer and he suggested a Fiance visa or FLR(O). I didn't want to get married because I had (although we do want that one day) so we went for FLR(O).

So my partner (and now sponsor) had supported me in every way since 2011 but i'm getting so depressed and scared if they try to make me leave as I was 14 when I moved here and don't know anything about living in the USA(where i'm from).
omg sorry to hear that.. but this is strange. how come over 6 months you have not received your biometrics. mine took 2 monhts to receeve it. and i did it recently so am hoping for good news tho. hmm i really dont know what to say but i pray you get good news soon. please keep trying the number am sure something will come up soon

Mani jan
Newly Registered

flr o

Post by Mani jan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

my time line is

doucoments submited 15 january 2013
acknowlogemnt 17 january 2013
biometrice 15 march 2013
brp waiting
doucoments waiting

majojo

Re: flr o

Post by majojo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Mani jan wrote:my time line is

doucoments submited 15 january 2013
acknowlogemnt 17 january 2013
biometrice 15 march 2013
brp waiting
doucoments waiting
hahaha. i have the saaaaaaame time line with you. whats your story if i may ask.

yahwadud

Help needed

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello.i have applied for flro application since January 17 /2012,received acknowledgement on 23 jan 2012 and bo decision since then

yahwadud

Advice needed pls

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:04 pm

My time line. Apply-January 17 /2012. Acknowledgement received-jan/23/2012. Biometric letter-don't need one as at time of application . Brp-waiting. Type-flr(o) human right.base on British partner and my sexuality(bisexual).

tei123

Post by tei123 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting

11akb

Re: Advice needed pls

Post by 11akb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm

yahwadud wrote:My time line. Apply-January 17 /2012. Acknowledgement received-jan/23/2012. Biometric letter-don't need one as at time of application . Brp-waiting. Type-flr(o) human right.base on British partner and my sexuality(bisexual).

hi yahwadud ...........its a long long wait ..........have u try to contact call them mp or homeoffice ? or you waiting for reconsideration on your case .....our life is on hold and these ppl taking ages on decision

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 pm

tei123 wrote:DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting
Yeah, Applied 5th october 2012, Acknowledgement 26th october dated 23rd october,biometric done 1st march dated 21st february.. Im doing a extension though so hoping to hear from them anytime now..Fingers cross

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Yes I have contacted the local mp after 6 months of my application ,the mp has wrote several letters but ukba kept saying my case is wt a case worker.my lawyer has also wrote ukba 3 letters but no reply..the last time ukba replied my lawyer was almost 7 months ago when my application was still waiting to be allocated to a case worker.its been 14 months now and still no decision.the most frustrating issue is that I always go to report at immigration centre once a week,and I have been doing this since a week after I submitted my application.is anybody out there with the same timeline

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm

yahwadud wrote:Yes I have contacted the local mp after 6 months of my application ,the mp has wrote several letters but ukba kept saying my case is wt a case worker.my lawyer has also wrote ukba 3 letters but no reply..the last time ukba replied my lawyer was almost 7 months ago when my application was still waiting to be allocated to a case worker.its been 14 months now and still no decision.the most frustrating issue is that I always go to report at immigration centre once a week,and I have been doing this since a week after I submitted my application.is anybody out there with the same timeline

Elisha47

Re: Advice needed pls

Post by Elisha47 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:39 pm

yahwadud wrote:My time line. Apply-January 17 /2012. Acknowledgement received-jan/23/2012. Biometric letter-don't need one as at time of application . Brp-waiting. Type-flr(o) human right.base on British partner and my sexuality(bisexual).
Hi I have the same timeline, and after the acknowledge letter I havent receive nothing else is so frustrating I just withdraw my application but still I been waiting for over a month now for my documents I want to go asap back to my country, I couldnt take it, but wish you hear from them soon cause it is quite unfair.

yahwadud

Elisha47

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?

yahwadud

Re: Elisha47

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm

yahwadud wrote:Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?

yahwadud

Elisha47

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?

ale001

Re: Elisha47

Post by ale001 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

yahwadud wrote:Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?
Very very bad.

I've applied since April 2012. form Flro article 8

Biometric done on 19th July 2012

Still waiting for a decision

I contacted MP but same story, i have to wait for them to decide..

Fingers crossed :(
Ale001

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Ale001.your timeline is not far from mine.could you share yr story pls

tei123

FLR O DL

Post by tei123 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:56 am

DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????