ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I was not expecting this to happen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gudgud1
Newly Registered

I was not expecting this to happen

Post by gudgud1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 pm

wonderful forum hi to every one ,

Am about to apply for SET(M) in four weeks time i have already secured an appointment but the problem hurries me now as follow:
Pre to this application i wil not be working for four weeks and i wil not be getting any pay as i work for agency and i have used my 28 days holiday The reason i wil not be working is this my wife is heavily pregnant and she got lot of complication she went to the hospital and she was told that they need to keep her up to four weeks or up to she deliver so am stock at home with our two kids one from her previous relationship and other is my biological child with her both kids are british my wife too is british .

she was not working as she get employement and support allowance contribution base and disability and living allowance . because my wages she lost her housing benefit and council tax benefit so for the two years of my spouse visa we are paying full rent and council tax . my question and hurries are as follow plz help as they gave me sleepless night

1. will this affect my setm application for not working for four weeks pre to the application

2.If she unable to go along with me to the PEO OFFICE as she will be in the hospital up to my appointment will they turn me down or deffer my application as postal one?

3 .one friend advise me to claim contribution base job seekers allowance as i have pay enough NI CONTRIBUTION he said this is not count as public funds is true ? Can i make a claim will it affect my application or not?

4.I took the life in UK test two years ago is it stil valid or do I have to take another one ? i still have the test certificate and i have being living in the same address when I took the test. Thanks in advance for your input and reply.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Reading through the SET M form and accompanying guidance would give you a better understanding of what information and documentary evidence are needed.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Post by gudgud1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Reading through the SET M form and accompanying guidance would give you a better understanding of what information and documentary evidence are needed.

I have read the form and the guidance you suggested but i cant find any of the question i asked in this forum any way thanks for your in put plz any member with similar experience thanks in advance for answering my question

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

1. No
2. They shouldn't. Take a letter from your wife to explain why she she isn't attending and also a letter from her midwife or doctor explaining the situation.
3. It won't effect the application as contribution based jsa is not a public fund but you would need to speak to job centre to confirm eligibility as you usually need to be actively seeking and available for work.
4 you don't need to take it again.

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Post by gudgud1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 am

Greenie wrote:1. No
2. They shouldn't. Take a letter from your wife to explain why she she isn't attending and also a letter from her midwife or doctor explaining the situation.
3. It won't effect the application as contribution based jsa is not a public fund but you would need to speak to job centre to confirm eligibility as you usually need to be actively seeking and available for work.

Thank you Greenie for given me a peace of mind may the Lord grant you peace on your under taken I will do exactly as you stated. once again thanks.

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Post by gudgud1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am

gudgud1 wrote:

Thank you Greenie for given me a peace of mind may the Lord grant you peace on your under taken I will do exactly as you stated. once again thanks.

Thanks Greenie for your vital advice also to the moderators of this board and members who take their time to advise others My Indefinite leave was grated yesterday at sheffield within two hours i so surprise yesterday

Please i have one more question I was on student Visa for 1 year 8 months and on a spouse visa for two years total 3 years and 8 months can I apply for Naturasation now.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:10 pm

gudgud1 wrote:
gudgud1 wrote:

Congratulations. Great News. Happy for you. Now you can relax a bit.

Thanks Greenie for your vital advice also to the moderators of this board and members who take their time to advise others My Indefinite leave was grated yesterday at sheffield within two hours i so surprise yesterday

Please i have one more question I was on student Visa for 1 year 8 months and on a spouse visa for two years total 3 years and 8 months can I apply for Naturasation now.