ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Traveling after Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehmina

Query regarding Traveling after Naturalization

Post by tehmina » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am

Hi every one,

my application get approved last month and had ceremony,i found some name issue on certificate and send back for correction.once i will receive then i will apply for passport

My questions---1.someone said,you cant travel as now you are British citizen so your Indefinite visa is no more valid.is this true?? as i am planning to travel on Easter holidays

2.how i can check status of my certificate as they are not responding on email and given number on certificate and now its 5 weeks since i send my original certificate.

User321
Newly Registered

Post by User321 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi tehmina, I'm in the same situation as you also. Incorrect spelling for name at birth. Posted certificate with cover letter and evidence on 26th feb 2013, but no response at yet. Not sure why its taking so long its been around 4 weeks and can't get through to anyone on the phone number that was on the back of approval letter. Will keep you updated, I hope they get corrected soon.

kirana
Newly Registered

Post by kirana » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 pm

User321 wrote:Hi tehmina, I'm in the same situation as you also. Incorrect spelling for name at birth. Posted certificate with cover letter and evidence on 26th feb 2013, but no response at yet. Not sure why its taking so long its been around 4 weeks and can't get through to anyone on the phone number that was on the back of approval letter. Will keep you updated, I hope they get corrected soon.
Hi Tehmina/User123,

Even I am in same situation posted naturalisation certificate on Feb 9th still no news.Please keep me in loop.

Many Thanks,

Kirana