ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form Set O - Possible request for further documents?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diamonds

Form Set O - Possible request for further documents?

Post by diamonds » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi my partner has applied for ILR using form set O in the long residence category.

His supporting documents are:
- UK birth certificate (he was born in the UK to parents who are not settled hence applying for ILR)
- Foreign passport
- Life in UK test
- 3 months bank statement
- Proof of continuous residence in UK with letters from past schools college and uni
- doctors registration letter
- past 5 years p60 slips
- 12 months payslip
- previous p45's
- old payslips from previous employments
- current employers confirmation of employment
- good character references from professional British citizens
- finally a supporting statement from me (his partner - a British citizen) stating that I am expecting his child and just generally requesting why his ILR should be accepted (I attached my maternity certificate too as proof that i am expecting)

My question is, is it possible the home office will ask further details from me such as proof that I am cohabiting with my partner etc? Thing is I have only been living with him for 10 months so will not be able to provide much cohabiting docs except hospital letters and my bank statement. We don't have joint name account or I don't pay bills at our address.

So I'm hoping the home office decide the application based on my partners own accord and own situation and own supporting docs rather than focusing on me? ESP since we did not use form set m, as we don't even satisfy the unmarried partner requirements anyway...

Any advice?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Form Set O - Possible request for further documents?

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

diamonds wrote:My question is, is it possible the home office will ask further details from me such as proof that I am cohabiting with my partner etc?
Documents to prove cohabitation are only required if applying as the partner of a BC/Settled Person, so he shouldn't have any issues on that count because he is applying in his own right under the long residence route.