ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible to get a 2nd Holiday Work Visa???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

picklefry
Newly Registered

Possible to get a 2nd Holiday Work Visa???

Post by picklefry » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:15 am

I'm trying to figure out if my friend can get back to the UK...

She already had a Holidaymaker Work Visa a couple years ago, lived in London for 6months and came back to Canada.

Her Visa has since expired and now she wants to go back, but it appears that you can't get another one if you've already had one?

Does anyone know if there are any loopholes here? Is there ANY way for her to get back?

thanks,
A.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:27 am

Unfortunately its highly unlikely your friend will be issued another Working Holidaymaker visa again as it one of those things that you get only once in your life.

Any loopholes?..try some other visa, like visitor visa or HSMP or WP visa if she can find some job here.
Jabi

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:48 am

Well, I have heard many stories of South Africans who have completed 2 years on a working holiday visa, returned to South Africa, "lost" their passport, obtained a new one and then successfully reapplied for a second working holiday visa. Seems the British embassy is sometimes unable to link the 2 passports to the same person.

I wouldn't suggest this course of action though because if you are found out it would have serious consequences for any future entry into the UK.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 am

I think you can get a second one if you do not issued with a two-year visa at the initial entry.

I am saying this because a couple of years ago whilst we were in Uni, a group of us applied for the WHV. We all had EC for 6 months and when we came through Heathrow all us where granted 2 year duration visas with the exception of one. He had an extention for only 6 months.

The year after, this friend re-applied for another one and when he came through Immigration he was given 18 months extention taking into account the first 6 months that has already been used.

Bear in mind that, if she was granted a two-year extension at the POE at her first entry, then tough luck she should have utilised this and made the best out of it. If the scenerio is as above then she can try again and see if she gets lucky.

All the best.
Praise The Lord!!!!