ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 am

Yes i did .but still waiting ...........

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 am

tinapalak wrote:Yes i did .but still waiting ...........
May i ask are u fresh or extension?

Elisha47

Re: Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 am

yahwadud wrote:Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?
I came England in July 2011 with a tourist visa and before it expired I applied for Flr o, I have a British partner we been together over 4 years, we have a daughter who was born here, I came England to give birth and went back to my country, it wasn't my intention to stay until now, but this long wait its too stressful cant work or study or travel around that's why I just want to go back my country and if I ever want to come apply for a visa from My country.
Good luck to everyone...

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 am

[quote="Elisha47"][quote="yahwadud"]Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?[/quote]

I came England in July 2011 with a tourist visa and before it expired I applied for Flr o, I have a British partner we been together over 4 years, we have a daughter who was born here, I came England to give birth and went back to my country, it wasn't my intention to stay until now, but this long wait its too stressful cant work or study or travel around that's why I just want to go back my country and if I ever want to come apply for a visa from My country.
Good luck to everyone...[/quote]

You have been waiting for 14 month , and now you withdraw your application ! I'am sure if you wait little bit more you will hear the news shortly , they sent me a letter saying they will consider my application ASAP , but I don't know if I believe them or not !.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 am

justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Yes it's very frustrating elisha47.waiting for more than 14 months for an flro it's bad. Could you share your story pls?
Good luck to everyone...
You have been waiting for 14 month , and now you withdraw your application ! I'am sure if you wait little bit more you will hear the news shortly , they sent me a letter saying they will consider my application ASAP , but I don't know if I believe them or not !.
why do they always ignore FLRO people and keep them waiting?

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi sanny26, my application is fresh one on behalf of my daughters who spend here 7 years .

yahwadud

elisha47

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm

i really feel for you elisha47. am sure it shall be easy for you when applying from yr country.am still waiting thou.goodluck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm

majojo wrote:
justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:
Good luck to everyone...

I say exactly the same thing afterall we pay our application fee just like everyone else so therefore we should be treated fairly i know some flr o is complex but still there's no need to hold on to our documents like that as if we aint got a life to live aswel we are human's afterall....

yahwadud

reply from mp

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm

i got a reply from my mp today from ukba.they apologise for the delay and promise to consider my application as soon as possible.hope this will help some members on here

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

That's what they says to me 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting !!!

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:46 am

sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:
justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:
Good luck to everyone...

I say exactly the same thing afterall we pay our application fee just like everyone else so therefore we should be treated fairly i know some flr o is complex but still there's no need to hold on to our documents like that as if we aint got a life to live aswel we are human's afterall....
is your case complex? whats your story if i may ask and also when you say complex how complex is a case becasue i feel they should be able to make a good decesion on every case..well to me tho

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:29 am

Why lie wrote:Home office wrote to my mp on behalf of me this morning . They say my case is a case is a complex one . Reason being I have been an overstayer for 9 years. And there's no compassionate grounds for me regardless of my British child and life in the uk . It also states that , it could take up to September for a decision to be made , and if I'm refused there would be no right to appeal !
So sad !
Sorry to hear ur story, Hold on strong don't feel beat up by that. I have the same story as u. I came in 2000 with student visa but around 2003 i could not afford school fees anymore, overstayed until last year when i applied.

I am applying based on british daughter who is 1yr and a half now and i am not married to the mum yet. The HO will try and scare you that you have no right to appeal but if you can prove that you are actively involved in ur child life and removing you will affect the child they can do anything about it and you can request a JR (Judiciary Review) in which case i am 90% sure they will have to allow u to stay.

In my case i stay with my daughter everyday so the mum can go to work so if they take me away my daughter will be badly affected and the mum cannot go to work. I phone the HO in sheffield this week and they said my case is pending but i will kepp bugging them until i get satisfaction.

Stay strong and pray!
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 am

majojo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:
justice12 wrote:

is your case complex? whats your story if i may ask and also when you say complex how complex is a case becasue i feel they should be able to make a good decesion on every case..well to me tho

My case is straightforward im doing a extension under article 8 got 4 kids who was born here 2 of them is british citizen and im due to register ma son who turn 10 this year as british citizen...Its been 3 weeks now since i done bio so hoping to hear from them soon. Was granted discretionary leave back in 2009 so i will have to do another 3 year before i can i apply fr ILR....Been in the uk since the age of 14...

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 am

sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:

My case is straightforward im doing a extension under article 8 got 4 kids who was born here 2 of them is british citizen and im due to register ma son who turn 10 this year as british citizen...Its been 3 weeks now since i done bio so hoping to hear from them soon. Was granted discretionary leave back in 2009 so i will have to do another 3 year before i can i apply fr ILR....Been in the uk since the age of 14...
you will be fine dont worry. am def sure hey will grant you

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 am

sanny26 wrote:
tei123 wrote:DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting
Yeah, Applied 5th october 2012, Acknowledgement 26th october dated 23rd october,biometric done 1st march dated 21st february.. Im doing a extension though so hoping to hear from them anytime now..Fingers cross

am not the only one left in this limbo,but mine is a fresh application so it might take long.all the best fingers cross u will get some good news soon

yahwadud

complex definition

Post by yahwadud » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 am

i dont understand yr definition of complex.each case will be decided on their own merit.anyway, am engaged wt a british woman,no kids with her because she had an hysterectomy operation in 2011.she is also epileptic.i av overstayed since 1997 and am a bisexual

yahwadud

Re: complex definition

Post by yahwadud » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 am

yahwadud wrote:i dont understand yr definition of complex.each case will be decided on their own merit.anyway, am engaged wt a british woman,no kids with her because she had an hysterectomy operation in 2011.she is also epileptic.i av overstayed since 1997 and am a bisexual

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

tei123 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
tei123 wrote:DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting
Yeah, Applied 5th october 2012, Acknowledgement 26th october dated 23rd october,biometric done 1st march dated 21st february.. Im doing a extension though so hoping to hear from them anytime now..Fingers cross

am not the only one left in this limbo,but mine is a fresh application so it might take long.all the best fingers cross u will get some good news soon
have you done your biometrics yet... do you mind sharing your story

temple
Newly Registered

immigration

Post by temple » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm

i dont know what wrong with my application :( :( :(

temple
Newly Registered

immigration

Post by temple » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 pm

pls can someone tell me what to do concerning application that biometic done on 17/08/12 up till now still waiting for decision.

majojo

Re: immigration

Post by majojo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:00 pm

temple wrote:pls can someone tell me what to do concerning application that biometic done on 17/08/12 up till now still waiting for decision.
whats ur story and have u called them

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 pm

tunab2 wrote:
Why lie wrote:Home office wrote to my mp on behalf of me this morning . They say my case is a case is a complex one . Reason being I have been an overstayer for 9 years. And there's no compassionate grounds for me regardless of my British child and life in the uk . It also states that , it could take up to September for a decision to be made , and if I'm refused there would be no right to appeal !
So sad !
Sorry to hear ur story, Hold on strong don't feel beat up by that. I have the same story as u. I came in 2000 with student visa but around 2003 i could not afford school fees anymore, overstayed until last year when i applied.

I am applying based on british daughter who is 1yr and a half now and i am not married to the mum yet. The HO will try and scare you that you have no right to appeal but if you can prove that you are actively involved in ur child life and removing you will affect the child they can do anything about it and you can request a JR (Judiciary Review) in which case i am 90% sure they will have to allow u to stay.

In my case i stay with my daughter everyday so the mum can go to work so if they take me away my daughter will be badly affected and the mum cannot go to work. I phone the HO in sheffield this week and they said my case is pending but i will kepp bugging them until i get satisfaction.

Stay strong and pray!
A friend of a friend who works at the ukba croydon told me today , discretionary leave cases (flro) could take up to 2 years as they have a massive back log to clear . Discretionary leave applications are least And those of use who applied

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Why lie wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
So sad !

Stay strong and pray!
A friend of a friend who works at the ukba croydon told me today , discretionary leave cases (flro) could take up to 2 years as they have a massive back log to clear . Discretionary leave applications are least on their priority,And those of use who applied with no leave to remain ie (overstayers ) are in for a long wait.

lekmat01
Newly Registered

My own opinion

Post by lekmat01 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:01 pm

It's sad reading the forums that flr O applicant never received their visa since last year.Well I don't know why people applying for the first can't fill a form FLR M because I did have a child of 7months old when I applied to the HO with my British wife then I received my visa last month February..I was meant to fill a form FLR O but my solicitor told me to change it to FLR M which I did and later told me to do the English test Grade 2,I received my decision letter on February 13th the HO told me that I was granted based on my child who is British Citizen and I have a genuine and subsisting relationship with my son...I was granted 30 months which am going to renew for another 30 months....I am happy that I didn't submit FLR O form or else I will be on the queue now as well....I am not happy with the way they kept you waiting at all

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi everyone , I am renewing my discretionary visa granted in 2009 here is my timeline
Application send - 26/09/12
acknowledgment letter received -29/09/12
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric letter - 22/02/13
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting