ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employer Reference Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

ILR Employer Reference Letter

Post by Tier2Employee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi,

I am currently
1) a Tier 2 ICT employee and completing my 5 years on May 2013.
2) I am eligible to apply Mid April for ILR.

Help I need is I cannot get a Reference letter from my Employer specifically for ILR. However I will be able to get a letter for the purpose of Home Loan mentioning my Salary which is above as mentioned in Code of Practice and also confirming I will continue to be employed. Although what it will also mention is that this letter is for purpose of Home Loan, etc.

Can you please advice if this letter will be accepted. I have had few feedback from my colleagues that it works but wanted to get confirmation of wider audience and experts on this forum.

Prompt reply will be greatly appreciated as I need to book PEO appointments now.

Post by 2013 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm

You have to mention SOC code as well in employer reference letter. SOc code has to compliant with new SOC guidelines.

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2Employee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply.But my doubt is not that of SOC Code. They will mention the annual salary anyways which will be above SOC code.

My question is whether mentioning on the letter that "it is for the purpose of the Home Loan" make it invalid for ILR.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Tier2Employee wrote:Hi Thanks for the reply.But my doubt is not that of SOC Code. They will mention the annual salary anyways which will be above SOC code.

My question is whether mentioning on the letter that "it is for the purpose of the Home Loan" make it invalid for ILR.
Yes it will make it invalid.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Congratulations Gagan 1986,you being promoted to a Sage. Hope you will continue with your Prompt and Professional advising ,rather than ending up as a Sage in the Himalayas.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi !Tier2 Employee, Please do not book PEO appointment with a Home Loan letter from your Employer. What is the problem in getting the Employer's letter as per SET O Guidance notes? Even for a Postal application for ILR,you will need the specified Employer's letter. Make your Employer understand the importance of this letter.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Hi !Tier2 Employee, Please do not book PEO appointment with a Home Loan letter from your Employer. What is the problem in getting the Employer's letter as per SET O Guidance notes? Even for a Postal application for ILR,you will need the specified Employer's letter. Make your Employer understand the importance of this letter.
Thanks mate.

Tier2 Employee is right from his point of view as most of the ICT visa companies do not promote ILR for some very strange reason specially company like TCS(Tata Consultancy services).

@Tier2 employee - I met one of the guys at PEO when I went, and he told his employer(TCS) that he is going for visa extension with the heading 'UKBA' with all info stating like SOC code, he services are still required etc etc. His visa was improved the same day. So this is the best way around it

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2Employee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Guys,thanks so much for replies I am really in dillema as the employer is the one only been extending my visa so they will not be providing this letter as they already know that I have a visa.

What I can try is request a reference letter and tell this is for purpose of visa as they require us to fill up the form mentioning why it is required.

Although I had one colleague who got the same day ilr with home loan reference letter but not sure on this.

Any other advice you may have to obtain letter from such employer.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:14 pm

I am not aware about Home Loan letter for ILR.May be you have to check with your friend. As far as I know your Employer has to give a letter ,some what equivalent to Sticky's format for ILR purposes.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Tier2Employee wrote:Guys,thanks so much for replies I am really in dillema as the employer is the one only been extending my visa so they will not be providing this letter as they already know that I have a visa.

What I can try is request a reference letter and tell this is for purpose of visa as they require us to fill up the form mentioning why it is required.

Although I had one colleague who got the same day ilr with home loan reference letter but not sure on this.

Any other advice you may have to obtain letter from such employer.
Could be that the CW didnt pay attention to it but I won't recommend applying with home loan reference letter. Just tell your employer that you want to apply for extension and show them the format which is on the sticky note minus where it says indefinite leave to remain

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:21 pm

In the alternative,You could consult a Solicitor and get the List of Documents and their format and Give it over to your Employer.Then your Employer will understand the seriousness of the Employer's letter,they have to give you.

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2Employee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

@Kevin/Gagan can you please provide the link to the sticky note in this thread
Will get a home loan reference letter first and then try and get employer to give this letter. And based on that will try my luck. Thanks guys fingers crossed ....

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Sticky's letter is on this page on the Top of your Post.

applyforILR

Post by applyforILR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 pm

I might face the similar issue.. but i still have few months in my ilr..

I am not sure if this would work but in worse case you can try 1 thing: if you could get it in written email from your employer that they dont provide such letter and also somehow get some letter that you would be still required in the company.. you can add your COS alongwith these..

I am not sure if this would work but i have heard somewhat similar case but not for ilr.. a friend was applying for Tier 1 he had to provide attested salary slips and the employer said that they dont provide it..its not in the policies.. the guy attached this email printout with the application alongwith the payslips and ukba accepted it and granted him Tier 1...

I would try it as the last option ... its better to try out all the legally possible options rather than giving up...
Last but not the least also try resignation if they dont provide the support..:) it works for indian companies most of the times:) dont forget they are earning a hell lot of money through ICT and would not want to lose you..

These are the few options I might be trying in few months ;)
all the best and please keep us updated how it goes..All the Best!!!

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

Not able to get Employer Reference Letter

Post by Tier2Employee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am

Hi Guys,

Employer is refusing to give any reference letter for ILR. I am thinking of getting the below
1.Get the reference letter mention salary and other details.
2. For SOC get the UK BA Tier 2 ICT extension letter which mentions SOC and get it attested by Employer.
3. Prinout of Leave History recorded in the Employer portal and get it attested by Employer

Do you think it will be able to cover up for the two letter requirements which UK BA has from employer? or is it worth the risk?

If you think that it does have lot of risk then will cancel the PEO appointment booked as cannot get the required letter from Employer.

Post by 2013 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 pm

When your appointment schedule ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Not able to get Employer Reference Letter

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Tier2Employee wrote:Hi Guys,

Employer is refusing to give any reference letter for ILR. I am thinking of getting the below
1.Get the reference letter mention salary and other details.
2. For SOC get the UK BA Tier 2 ICT extension letter which mentions SOC and get it attested by Employer.
3. Prinout of Leave History recorded in the Employer portal and get it attested by Employer

Do you think it will be able to cover up for the two letter requirements which UK BA has from employer? or is it worth the risk?

If you think that it does have lot of risk then will cancel the PEO appointment booked as cannot get the required letter from Employer.
Ideally Employer's letter must mention SOC Code and salary,in the same letter.. If the Employer will not give the way you want it,then what else you can do.Ttake the letters available to take for your PEO appointment. What ever you take CW has to be satisfied. Please post your experience. Good Luck.

GenX

Post by GenX » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:55 am

Hi tier2employee,

Can you please guide me . I am also sailing in the same boat. When is your appointment. Please let us know your experience.

Your kind help in this matter will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

GenX

Post by GenX » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 am

Hi tier2employee,

Something just came in my mind. How will that UKBA extension letter work as it has old SOC code mentioned and UKBA has introduced new codes.

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 am

Hi genx,

Where can I find the soc code in the tier 2 approval letter mate. I have gone thru it several times now but able to locate the code. It's does have my role and salary but not the code as such.

Regards,ilrseekerlondon.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 am

You can't get SOC code in approval letter. It is mentioned in COS while your company applied for your visa/extension. Only those people can tell what SOC code they had used. I have sopken to many solicitors and all of them told me in no uncertain term that you need SOC code on the employer letter.
If you are going without it you will RISK your money.

---------------------------Look at below post from bale541---------------
Hi All
I would like to Share my time line

Application type: SET(O) Work permit 1 Dependent

Application sent 30/11/2012 Received UKBA 03/12/2012
Date payment debited: 04-12-2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 09-12-2012 Dated (04-12-2012)
Biometric letter received: 21-01-2012 Dated 17-01-2013
Date of biometrics enrollment: 23-01-2013
Letter from UKBA Asking SOC Code: 07-03-2013 Dated 04-03-2013
Letter sent: 09-03-2013 Received UKBA 11-03-2013
Date of return of passport , other docs and approval:18-04-2013 Dated 14-03-2013
Date BRP ILR Received: 18-04-2013 Dated 14-03-2013
Both received in same days passport in morning and BPR afternoon

Good luck everyone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked below questions but got no reply.

Many Congratulations!!!

Can you answer below please.
Letter from UKBA Asking SOC Code: 07-03-2013 Dated 04-03-2013 – Did they ask letter from employer or just SOC code?

Letter sent: 09-03-2013 Received UKBA 11-03-2013 – You sent letter from employer or just confirmed soc code.

What letter from employer did you submit at the time of application?

I don’t understand how sharing your timelines helps other if you don’t answer queries/concern ?

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 am

Dk, what will happen if we submit our form with a different soc code than the one which the employer used at the time of cos application. Will ukba reject even if both soc codes have the same salary.
Reason I a asking is that I know my role and salary as per my cos but I don't know my exact soc code,

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 am

That isn't a problem . People designation/role changes . The only thing which is important is your salary for the SOC code that you are going to mention at the time of application should be equal to or greater than the minimum required. Keep posting here updates.

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:23 am

Dk, one more query:
The rate for my current role as per BA doc is 15.88 which converts to 33K annual salary assuming 37.5 hours per week and 52 weeks a year.

But my CoS says that my salary is 43K. will this 10K extra salary cause an issue.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am

[quote="ilrseekerlondon"]Dk, one more query:
The rate for my current role as per BA doc is 15.88 which converts to 33K annual salary assuming 37.5 hours per week and 52 weeks a year.

But my CoS says that my salary is 43K. will this 10K extra salary cause an issue.[/quote]-- Check my comment it should be greater than equal to minimum required . It shouldn't be less that's it . They wouldn't mind even if it is 100k extra .