ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO-20-03-2013 [Strike day]

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aandu
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO-20-03-2013 [Strike day]

Post by aandu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm

My first post so please go easy. This forum is a wealth of information but make sure you check the dates on the posts as some of the info is outdated.

[b]Background[/b]
Self employed and have my own LTD Company.
HSMP + Tier1 General.

[b]Experience[/b]
Appointment at 10. Went at 9:15, to see if they were operating (due to PCS strike). Airport style security check and we were let in. They were operating but at a much reduced capacity. But that did not reduce the level or quality of service!

There are more cameras than you would find in a CCTV warehouse. And they all work! So make sure mobiles are switched off.

For info about facilities at this PEO, check the UKBA site.

Around 11:00ish refreshments are brought in.

Solihull is small (in comparison to Croydon) and the staff are very friendly, professional and courteous. We were initially told that we should not expect the decision letter the same day due to the PCS strike.

Called in at 11:15 for application checks. A thorough check of the application and all the info was done. This took about 45 minutes and then we were asked to go to the payment counter. About 10 minutes there and then Biommetric. All done by 12:30. We were asked to come back at two for decision and collecting the originals.

Went back @ 2 pm after a nice lunch at Jimmy spices which is right opposite the PEO.

[b]Documents Requested[/b]

* SET - O Application
* Passports
* Life in the UK test certificates - (You can request the scores)

* Payslips
* Dividend Vouchers
* Accountant Letter
* Personal Bank Statements
* Company Incorporation Certificate
* VAT Registration Certificate
* Proof that personal tax is being paid.
- HMRC employment history letter (obtained using the sticky on the ILR section).
- Printout from HMRC self assessment site.
[b]* PROOF OF FUNDS [/b] was asked since I submitted earnings proof for more or less the first 12 months in the 15 months period. Think was because all my earnings proof was more than 2 months old. I mentioned it was not required for ILR and the CW said, [i]"we check it to make sure at the point of application you have funds to support yourself and dependents..."[/i]. This was the first surprise.

* COHAB Documents
- Tenancy agreement ( in both names)
- Council Tax statements ( in both names)
- Spouse bank statements (just took 1 out of a total 12)
- Spouse payslips (just took 1 out of a total 12)
- Spouse NHS Letter
- Spouse old credit card statement.
They took different evidents for different periods of the last 2 years. This was surprising as well.

Forgot to mention the CW had a checklist which they kept ticking as each evidence was verified.
Last edited by aandu on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seba

Post by seba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Congtls..!! Enjy your time :)

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Many Congratulations aandu

Did CW told you that they are approving your application before asking for the payment?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull PEO-20-03-2013 [Strike day]

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm

aandu wrote:My first post so please go easy. This forum is a wealth of information but make sure you check the dates on the posts as some of the info is outdated.

Background
Self employed and have my own LTD Company.
HSMP + Tier1 General.

Experience
Appointment at 10. Went at 9:15 due to PCS strike to see if they were operating. Airport style security check and we were let in. They were operating but at a much reduced capacity. But that did not reduce the level or quality of service!

There are more cameras than you would find in a CCTV warehouse. And they all work! So make sure mobiles are switched off.

For info about facilities at this PEO, check the UKBA site.

Around 11:00ish refreshments are brought in.

Solihull is small (in comparison to Croydon) and the staff are very friendly, professional and courteous. We were initially told that we should not expect the decision letter the same day due to the PCS strike.

Called in at 11:15 for application checks. A thorough check of the application and all the info was done. This took about 45 minutes and then we were asked to go to the payment counter. About 10 minutes there and then Biommetric. All done by 12:30. We were asked to come back at two for decision and collecting the originals.

Went back @ 2 pm after a nice lunch at Jimmy spices which is right opposite the PEO.

Documents Requested

* SET - O Application
* Passports
* Life in the UK test certificates - (You can request the scores)

* Payslips
* Dividend Vouchers
* Accountant Letter
* Personal Bank Statements
* Company Incorporation Certificate
* VAT Registration Certificate
* Proof that personal tax is being paid.
- HMRC employment history letter (obtained using the sticky on the ILR section).
- Printout from HMRC self assessment site.
* PROOF OF FUNDS was asked since I submitted earnings proof for more or less the first 12 months in the 15 months period. Since all my earnings proof was more than 2 months old. I mentioned it was not required for ILR and the CW said, "we check it to make sure at the point of application you have funds to support yourself and dependents...". This was first surprise.

* COHAB Documents
- Tenancy agreement ( in both names)
- Council Tax statements ( in both names)
- Spouse bank statements (just took 1 out of a total 12)
- Spouse payslips (just took 1 out of a total 12)
- Spouse NHS Letter
- Spouse old credit card statement.
They took different evidents for different periods of the last 2 years. This was surprising as well.
Congratulations. Thank you for posting your experience.
1.Checking the maintenance fund, How many Month's Bank statements they want?
2. All the documents you have submitted were asked by the CW? 3. How did you pay your Visa fees at the PEO?

aandu
Newly Registered

Post by aandu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:17 pm

[quote="go2khurram"]Many Congratulations aandu

Did CW told you that they are approving your application before asking for the payment?[/quote]

Quote they did not. They checked all documents, took the originals and one copy and thne asked me to go for payment and then for biometrics.

We got the result at around 2:00

aandu
Newly Registered

Post by aandu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:19 pm

[quote="Kevin24"]
Congratulations. Thank you for posting your experience.
1.Checking the maintenance fund, How many Month's Bank statements they want? [i]- Just showed the latest bank statement and they were satisfied after a cursory glance.[/i]
2. All the documents you have submitted were asked by the CW? - Yes. They didnt ask for company bank statements or invoices which was surprising.
3. How did you pay your Visa fees at the PEO? - Using a HSBC credit card.

[/quote]

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:25 pm

aandu wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: Congratulations. Thank you for posting your experience.
1.Checking the maintenance fund, How many Month's Bank statements they want? - Just showed the latest bank statement and they were satisfied after a cursory glance.
2. All the documents you have submitted were asked by the CW? - Yes. They didnt ask for company bank statements or invoices which was surprising.
3. How did you pay your Visa fees at the PEO? - Using a HSBC credit card.
Thank you for yopur reply. may be tis Maintenance Fund is going to be a new thing coming up after 06/04. But CWs are getting a feel of things before hand. Enjoy your ILR.