ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing a Circulation Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Plum70
Diamond Member

Renewing a Circulation Schengen Visa

Post by Plum70 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:44 pm

I have a 3 year circulation Schengen Visa issued by the French which is valid till July 2012. My passport is valid till July 2013.

My husband and I will be attending his brother's wedding in Finland next June and I wondered if I could renew my CSV at the Finnish embassy say around May 2012 so that I am issued another one year visa that can be used right up to when my passport expires. Or do I have to stick with the French for this?

Just to answer any possible questions:

I may be on some solo trips end of 2012 which is why I would need to have a valid Schengen visa.

I may be applying for PR in Nov 2012 so would like to be able to travel with my old passport while my PR is processed and confirmed in my new passport.

I would've applied to the French but I may not visit France so would rather not.

Thanks!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:26 pm

What is a "circulation Schengen Visa"? Do all Schengen member states issue it?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What is a "circulation Schengen Visa"? Do all Schengen member states issue it?
From what I understand it is a multiple entry Schengen visa issued for one to five years which allows stays/visits for up to 90 days per 6 months. This is normally issued to individuals who frequently visit family/for frequent business trips etc and I imagine that all Schengen states are able to issue this.

The French embassy site states that a CSV can be renewed up to three months before it's expiry, but as I may not be visiting France (first or at all) I would rather not apply to them.

I was hoping that perhaps the Finns could renew it esp. as I am definitely visiting Finland nxt June.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 am

I never heard about this "circulation"visa before, but googling it lead me straight to the French embassy´s website.

For my wife and me, obtaining each and every "Schengen"-visa in Ireland, was a noteworthy nightmare. We had the pleasure of obtaining "multiple" once, valid for 3 months... Otherwise "single", always valid for +- exactly the amount of days we wanted to travel...

...including embassy staff telling us "you have to establish a Schengen history with us first"... blabla...

How ironic: This continued right up to a few months before my wife was naturalised as a Belgian citizen :!:

Using logic doesn´t seem to be a strong point with some embassy staff...

...so good luck in obtaining another of these French "cirulation"-visas. If issued to spouses of EU-citizens, this visa makes lots of sense!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am

It's simply a C3, see 24(1) of the Visa Code.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:59 pm

ca.funke wrote:If issued to spouses of EU-citizens, this visa makes lots of sense!
It would indeed make sense and I believe that at least one year circulation visas are commonplace with family members of EU nationals.

Probably best to contact the Finnish embassy first, and if it's a "No" then i'll reapply with the French and book a day trip to Dieppe or Lille...

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask on what grounds did you apply for the circulation visa? I'm thinking of applying for one. Currently a UK permanent residence and self employed as an IT Contractor.

Looking to get it as I'm thinking of going for mostof the Formula 1 races in Europe starting with the Monaco F1 in May this year.

I haven't got friends/families living in the EU states but reason why I wanted to apply is so I can be able to go for most of the races instead of applying every 3-6months and considering how long it takes to get ur passport sent.

Dont mind applying for 6months, already had 2 previous visa but last one expired few days ago.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:15 pm

skilachi wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to ask on what grounds did you apply for the circulation visa? I'm thinking of applying for one. Currently a UK permanent residence and self employed as an IT Contractor
I did not specifically apply requesting a 3 year CSV, if memory serves I requested a MULT. entry for 365 days. The head of the visa section made a judgement to issue me a 3 year one based on the foolish mistake the embassy made in affixing a stranger's Schengen visa in my passport (and I suspect mine in his).

In my view this was their way of saying: "We messed up, violated data protection, comprised your personal information but are awfully sorry!".

When you apply, request a multiple entry visa for 1 or 2 years and see how it goes.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. Thing is, on the form, you can only specify either single or multiple entry, it doesn't give you the option to choose 3,6 months or 1-2 years visa.

Guess I will have to write 1-2 years in front when I tick multiple entry.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:45 pm

skilachi wrote:Hi, thanks for your reply. Thing is, on the form, you can only specify either single or multiple entry, it doesn't give you the option to choose 3,6 months or 1-2 years visa.

Guess I will have to write 1-2 years in front when I tick multiple entry.
You're right, it doesn't. I remember that it was the visa officer who wrote 365 days against 'number of days of intended visit/transit'. He said it didn't matter if my actual travel schedule was a lot shorter.

I wouldn't advise you to do the same but maybe leave it blank and ask when you get there?

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Yea, think I will just leave it like that. Had 2 previous schengen visa 3,6 months in the last 12 months from the French embassy, so hopefully they will see that and give me a longer visa this time around and since I'm a permanent resident with Indefinite leave to remain.