ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advise re naturalisation application by post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apple82
Newly Registered

Please Advise re naturalisation application by post

Post by apple82 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Can someone guide me into the right dirsction, I am so upset of NCS as I am trying to get an appointment from last three weeks without any success, everytime I call they say they will call me in 8 working days, or 48 hours (recently) they never called me back in mentioned time and when they called I couldnt take the call and they left me a message to call them again and also they said they will give me an appointment after 16 April which is when I will have to pay £250 more for our joint application (fee increases from 6th April) So when I called them back they said they will call me back again dont know when. So we decided to send our application by post before 6 April to save money. I need advice please:

We are applying as couple so joint application it is, we both are eligible to apply as husband got ILR in June 2008(after about 10 years on Asylum) and I got in August 2011 (as partner of ILR holder), we both were legal in our stay in UK all the time. we are also eligible according to the time spent outside UK rule. We are on benefits from last one and half year now. Husband was self employed before that time and always have paid taxes and everything.

Do we need to send any document about our income or previous tax returns etc?

We have a friend (she is british and over 60 year of age) we know her for over 6,7 years now, can she sign as one of the refree ? and the 2nd refree will be a solicitor? as I assume they dont accept doctors now? please advise.

The best service to post out document safely and fast?

no criminal records or anything like that, do you think its a pretty straight forward appication?

I will be really greatfully for your help please, thanks alot.

apple82
Newly Registered

Post by apple82 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I am very sorry about the long post, please advise me ASAP as I have to apply in couple of days time :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:57 pm

i phoned today for an ncs appt and got one for tuesday, 26th as i was prepared to travel a bit to get there.
have you tried different councils ncs?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 pm

oh and your referees are fine
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apple82
Newly Registered

Post by apple82 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks CR001

Still looking answers for my other questions, anyone :?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Please Advise re naturalisation application by post

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 am

apple82 wrote: and I got in August 2011 (as partner of ILR holder),
Have you completed 5 years in the UK? (ILR in 2011 might indicate you only moved to the UK in 2009).
Do we need to send any document about our income or previous tax returns etc?

No. This is not required. Check the last page of the form for supporting documents required.
We have a friend (she is british and over 60 year of age) we know her for over 6,7 years now, can she sign as one of the refree ? and the 2nd refree will be a solicitor? as I assume they dont accept doctors now? please advise.

Friend is fine. Solicitor is fine. Doctors are fine as well (even though not on the list anymore).
The best service to post out document safely and fast?
Royal Mail Special Delivery. You can also get a solicitor to certify copies of your passport in case you want to keep the passport.

apple82
Newly Registered

Post by apple82 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks alot Jambo, that clears all my confusions even after reading AN booklet.

Yes I came here first on student visa in Feb 2008 which was changed to marriage visa in 2009 & then ILR in 2011 so completed my 5 years last month.

thanks for your help.

Angie15
Newly Registered

Post by Angie15 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Pls I would like to knw if student years are counted towards the 5 years route?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:18 pm

All legal stay qualifies
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.