ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National Using EEA Permit in other EU Country

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sezanlou
Newly Registered

British National Using EEA Permit in other EU Country

Post by Sezanlou » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:30 am

I have just found this forum and it seems like the answer to my prayers! I haven't known where to turn!

I am British and I live with my partner in Turkey and have done so for 3 years.

Whilst I love living in Turkey I also realise that I need to return to UK to work for a few more years to get my 'fullstamp' and also my parents are getting quite old and frail. My Turkish partner agrees we should try and relocate to UK and so I have been looking in to things.

First off the new rules for UK immigration mean that I would have to go back to UK alone get a job earning £18,600 a year, do it for 6 months then apply to bring my partner over which takes 3 months with no guarantees of success and then if we went thru the appeal process that takes how long?? We do not want to be apart although if we had some sort of guarantee then we could do it that way but it's such a lottery!

So my partners brother lives in Germany and has his own company so I have this idea, please can people advise if it would work?

I go to Germany and start work and then immediately apply to bring my partner to Germany based on the EEA family permit rules. As I see it this would mean he could come straight away and the only thing we need to prove is that we are a genuine couple, which shouldn't be a problem because we are and we have lived together for the last few years. At the end of the day this seems to be a quick process from what I read so if for any reason it didn't work I could return to Turkey and pick up where I left off not too much out of pocket. Could we apply based ona job offer and go to Germany together?

What process do we go thru to apply? Is the cost 80 Euros?

The next question is obviously Germany is the country of choice because we have family there but is Germany difficult would I be better going to Greece or Bulgaria for example?

Once we have got to the 'other' EU country if we then want to go to live in UK can we use the EEA FP, am I correct in thinking it is best to do this after 6 months?

Thank you so much for any help and advice and I hope I am not repeating a previous post.

Thanks in Advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:01 am

Your understanding is correct.

Sezanlou
Newly Registered

Post by Sezanlou » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

On everything? Is it that simple? Has anyone else done this?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Well I would not call moving to another country where you don't speak the language simple. But yes, this is relatively simple in terms of immigration paperwork and fees. You won't be the first one doing it.

God bless Brusells ;-)

Sezanlou
Newly Registered

Post by Sezanlou » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm

I moved here not speaking the language and my Partners brother has African customers who he struggles to communicate with because his English is poor so I can speak to them for him and translate to Turkish. Simples compared to blinkin' UK settlement visas!

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Sezanlou wrote:I moved here not speaking the language and my Partners brother has African customers who he struggles to communicate with because his English is poor so I can speak to them for him and translate to Turkish. Simples compared to blinkin' UK settlement visas!

hi,this might help..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120676
UK------++++-------****