ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working rights on tier 4 HTS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahela_07
Newly Registered

Working rights on tier 4 HTS

Post by rahela_07 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks everyone
Last edited by rahela_07 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

What is the name of the college?

rahela_07
Newly Registered

Post by rahela_07 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks
Last edited by rahela_07 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm

HTS status is different thing and general work permission is different. Private college cannot provide you work permission either they are HTS or A rated sponsors. HTS can offer work placements only.

Work is only allowed in Universities and Govt. FE Colleges or in current scenario, University affiliated private colleges where CAS actually issued by University but classes provided by college like London College of Accountancy (CAS provided by Anglia Ruskin University) and LSBF (CAS provided by London Metropolitan University). Both LCA and LSBF are famous ACCA colleges but unfortunately universities do not endorse their ACCA courses at the moment.

You can only get work permission of 20 hours on ACCA course in BPP University College, where fee is £600 per paper. Almost every PSW visa holder and student enrolling there as thats is the only cheapest option available in UK for student visa with 20 hours work permission.

la
Member of Standing

Can dependent get work rights if my wife study acca in lsbf

Post by la » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

My wife is doing MSC in computing . Want to study acca course in LSBF. as per previous threads, I understand that , Main applicant will get 20 hours work rights provided CAS should be provided by London metropolitan university.

Can Dependent get full work rights. Please help me at the earliest.

UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Post by UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am

dependents get the same rights as the main applicant. they don't HAVE to study either.

you should know that london met cannot issue any CAS until further notice so if you apply to LSBF studying MSc, you will come under a LSBF CAS which means no working rights. if your dependents are overseas, they cannot come over too.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Working rights on tier 4 HTS

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 am

rahela_07 wrote:Hello there,
Can anyone tell me if I apply for Acca from Highly trusted college will I get 20 hours work permit and if my dependent applies at the same time will there be any problem.

Please advise me, I am on PSW and willing to switch to student visa.

Many thanks :)
Refer to the guideline outlining the conditions and work entitlements on student visa.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... onditions/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

alpha2013

Work right on highly trusted colleges

Post by alpha2013 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 pm

You will definitely get no work right for sure except work placement might be if it is needed for your course.
In work placement you can work up to 50% or less then the lenght of your course related to your programme.
Or go for BPP university college which is public funded where you will get the work right for acca course
:)