ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 am

kofi75 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:A solicitor I chatted with online said ways of demonstrating sole care for a Zambrano application would be getting bills in your name to your address and proving that the child lives with you ie letters addressed to the child in the same adress such as NHS appointment letters. Some of the appointment letters for my son I submitted had been addressed to me. And in my covering letter my solicitor stated that my son has always lived with me as his dad has mostly been absent. They cannot force an unwilling father to suddenly take care of a 6yr old, that is if they find him, because they want the parent who has always cared for this child to leave the UK. This is ridiculous.
By getting all that evidence mentioned,you have satisfactorily proven rsponsibility but you have not evidenced that fact that there is no other suitable family who can care for the child if you are removed.Go through the link provided by Prince74 and you ll understand the analogy
We just have to wait for ukba to start issuing DRC on zambano first or refusals(hope not) before we know the next step to take, because this whole case is not straightforward, what about people who can't find their partner, will they go and search for them and say " hey you want your kid"? It's not a straightforward case, or should we start getting restraining orders on our exes? Even in the drf1 form its asks if their is an alternative carer available, and I marked NO, a big fat NO.. they just don't want people applying for zambrano anymore... :(

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am

evie233 wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:A solicitor I chatted with online said ways of demonstrating sole care for a Zambrano application would be getting bills in your name to your address and proving that the child lives with you ie letters addressed to the child in the same adress such as NHS appointment letters. Some of the appointment letters for my son I submitted had been addressed to me. And in my covering letter my solicitor stated that my son has always lived with me as his dad has mostly been absent. They cannot force an unwilling father to suddenly take care of a 6yr old, that is if they find him, because they want the parent who has always cared for this child to leave the UK. This is ridiculous.
By getting all that evidence mentioned,you have satisfactorily proven rsponsibility but you have not evidenced that fact that there is no other suitable family who can care for the child if you are removed.Go through the link provided by Prince74 and you ll understand the analogy
We just have to wait for ukba to start issuing DRC on zambano first or refusals(hope not) before we know the next step to take, because this whole case is not straightforward, what about people who can't find their partner, will they go and search for them and say " hey you want your kid"? It's not a straightforward case, or should we start getting restraining orders on our exes? Even in the drf1 form its asks if their is an alternative carer available, and I marked NO, a big fat NO.. they just don't want people applying for
zambrano anymore... :(
I have received an email from Margie Clarke
European Casework Lead informing me that my Zambrano application is now being considered by a caseworker and that I would receive a response before the end of the week. This was in response to my email to Mr Rob Whiteman.

labelle

Post by labelle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Prince74 wrote:
evie233 wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
We just have to wait for ukba to start issuing DRC on zambano first or refusals(hope not) before we know the next step to take, because this whole case is not straightforward, what about people who can't find their partner, will they go and search for them and say " hey you want your kid"? It's not a straightforward case, or should we start getting restraining orders on our exes? Even in the drf1 form its asks if their is an alternative carer available, and I marked NO, a big fat NO.. they just don't want people applying for
European Casework Lead informing me that my Zambrano application is now being considered by a caseworker and that I would receive a response before the end of the week. This was in response to my email to Mr Rob Whiteman.

Yeeesss !Prince that is good news. It was about time to .All the best to you. :D :D

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 pm

'Ataya self'
Good to hear they have now got out of their bums and started working.
Good luck to all of us waiting and may we be victorious in Jesus Name.
Last edited by mam2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
papa2

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Labelle,check your inbox

labelle

Post by labelle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 pm

kofi75 wrote:Labelle,check your inbox
Will do now , kofi :D

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

labelle wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
evie233 wrote:
kofi75 wrote: By getting all that evidence mentioned,you have satisfactorily proven rsponsibility but you have not evidenced that fact that there is no other suitable family who can care for the child if you are removed.Go through the link provided by Prince74 and you ll understand the analogy
Yeeesss !Prince that is good news. It was about time to .All the best to you.
:D :D
Thanks !

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 pm

@Prince74, if I'm right,did you not apply through a solicitor? Can we communicate directly to ukba and vice versa even when a solicitor mediated?
In your case, do you think they will send decsion to you or your solicitor? Your last COA was sent directly to you. It's that right?
One thing is that I'm worried to take over by sending emails and letters which I've already done,but my solicitor Eventhough very competent, keeps saying he will act after the six month deadline if no decision is made by June,that's counting from when we filled in the new form in Nov. I actually applied in April 2012.
Any advice/suggestions?
papa2

labelle

Post by labelle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 pm

labelle wrote:

Kofi , check your inbox ,please.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 pm

mam2 wrote:@Prince74, if I'm right,did you not apply through a solicitor? Can we communicate directly to ukba and vice versa even when a solicitor mediated?
In your case, do you think they will send decsion to you or your solicitor? Your last COA was sent directly to you. It's that right?
One thing is that I'm worried to take over by sending emails and letters which I've already done,but my solicitor Eventhough very competent, keeps saying he will act after the six month deadline if no decision is made by June,that's counting from when we filled in the new form in Nov. I actually applied in April 2012.
Any advice/suggestions?
As per the caseworkers instructions,Zambrano does not stem directly from 2004/EC/38 directives so they are not bound by the six months rule.
so you better start pressing now.You cannot hold them by the 6mth rule
Last edited by kofi75 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

mam2 wrote:@Prince74, if I'm right,did you not apply through a solicitor? Can we communicate directly to ukba and vice versa even when a solicitor mediated?
Any advice/suggestions?
I have a solicitor representing me, but I have been communicating with the UKBA directly without informing my solicitor. My solicitor is very competent and I have absolute trust in them, but I did not want to leave them to do everything. I am a stakeholder in this, so I must try and push buttons to see that things move forward from my own side.

The UKBA can either send decisions directly to the applicant or through their solicitor.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks Kofi75 and Prince74. I will continue what I've started and press on.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi guys, has anyone heard about the outcome of Sanneh vrs SSWP hearing which was for last Mon and tues? Thanks in advance.
papa2

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm

labelle wrote:
labelle wrote:

Check your inbox and email

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Can I check my inbox too :D

labelle

Post by labelle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm

kofi75 wrote:
labelle wrote:
labelle wrote:

Check your inbox and email
Just replied kofi :D :D :D

labelle

Post by labelle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm

evie233 wrote:Can I check my inbox too :D
Evie 233 :D :D :D , you are so funny :lol:

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am

Prince74 wrote:
labelle wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
evie233 wrote:
Thanks !
Kofi75, the post man hasn't visited you yet? I hope the postman is not slow as the UKBA.

labelle

Post by labelle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Prince74 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
labelle wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Thanks !

Kofi75, the post man hasn't visited you yet? I hope the postman is not slow as the UKBA.

Hi guys,
Any news yet?

mam2

Post by mam2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,
Any news? We are all praying, hoping, and waiting to hear good news.
Hopefully sooooooon.
papa2

marina4
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marina4 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 am

mam2 wrote:Hi everyone,
Any news? We are all praying, hoping, and waiting to hear good news.
Hopefully sooooooon.
Hello all!
Any info from anybody, this is really sad and its obvious UKBA has a hidden agenda. This is definately taking TOOOO LONGGGGGG, I wish all involve could come together and take UKBA to EUROPEAN COURT OF JUSTICE for this thier tricks.

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

HiPriest
Newly Registered

Zambrano latest update

Post by HiPriest » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm

I thought I should share this; see link below on update on Sanneh v SSWP
http://www.birminghamlawcentre.org.uk/wordpress/?cat=1

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 pm

how long does it take for the home office to give the Derivative residence card after they send the second form to fill and return?

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 pm

does anyone know? i am a bit new. my COA is about to expire. and instead of a new COA they sent a new form to fill and bring two pictures. what do u fink about this effect?

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 pm

kiss300 wrote:how long does it take for the home office to give the Derivative residence card after they send the second form to fill and return?
We were sent the new forms in November after the amendment of the EEA Regulation, but still waiting till now for Derivative residence card. All we can do is pray and wait this out. Good luck!