ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of maintenance funds

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilled_migrant

proof of maintenance funds

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Do we need to show proof of maintenance funds for ILR application SET(O)?

I have asked this question before and senior members replied that we do not need maintenance funds for ILR. BUT according to two most recent cases CW is asking for proof of maintenance funds.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129886

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129695

I tried to search guidance notes related to this but could not find something conclusive.

Can anybody please point out exact sections in guidance about maintenance funds required/not required? I want to take those with me at the appointment in case CW asks I should be able to talk with reference.

SET(O) sections 11 says

"Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself
and any dependants without recourse to public funds."

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

All of a sudden CW is asking for proof maintenace funds. I have seen on 2 posts from Solihull. I think, If you show your Bank Sttements With a Minm. of £ 1,000/=,for the last 3 months.. You should be alright. One applicant has shown balance of £ 900 for the last 3 months,when he went with dependents. CW wants to ensure that you have enough funds to support your self with out recourse to Public Funds. I haven't seen any regarding this from the guidance. Unless this is going to be included in the new guidance after 06/04. We will have to wait and see.

aandu
Newly Registered

Post by aandu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:Do we need to show proof of maintenance funds for ILR application SET(O)?

I have asked this question before and senior members replied that we do not need maintenance funds for ILR. BUT according to two most recent cases CW is asking for proof of maintenance funds.

I tried to search guidance notes related to this but could not find something conclusive.

Can anybody please point out exact sections in guidance about maintenance funds required/not required? I want to take those with me at the appointment in case CW asks I should be able to talk with reference.

SET(O) sections 11 says

"Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself

hi, I was one of the guys who was aske for the proof.

I did not show proof of funds for the last 3 months. I just showed the last one month's statement. In fact, I had no inkling they were going to ask me for the proof. I received my monhtly bank statements by post on 19th March afternoon and my prescient wife, for some reason known only to her, decided they must go in to the cohab documents folder we had set up.

When the CW asked me the proof of funds, I just sat there gaping and then tried to mentally recall SET-O/SET-O guidance/245CD,etc.

As for SET(O) sections 11, I had shown tenancy agreement and highlighted the rent paid. They checked that as well but still asked for proof.

That's why I posted it here so that no one else is in my situation.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:55 pm

I was also asked maintenance funds in Solihull on 18 Mar and luckily I had it ready as backup although I did not give it to them initially

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 pm

aandu wrote:
skilled_migrant wrote:Do we need to show proof of maintenance funds for ILR application SET(O)?

Can anybody please point out exact sections in guidance about
maintenance funds required/not required? I want to take those with me at the appointment in case CW asks I should be able to talk with reference.

SET(O) sections 11 says

hi, I was one of the guys who was aske for the proof.

I did not show proof of funds for the last 3 months. I just showed the last one month's statement. In fact, I had no inkling they were going to ask me for the proof. I received my monhtly bank statements by post on 19th March afternoon and my prescient wife, for some reason known only to her, decided they must go in to the cohab documents folder we had set up.

When the CW asked me the proof of funds, I just sat there gaping and then tried to mentally recall SET-O/SET-O guidance/245CD,etc.

As for SET(O) sections 11, I had shown tenancy agreement and highlighted the rent paid. They checked that as well but still asked for proof.

That's why I posted it here so that no one else is in my situation.
Thank you for your reply. You should really appreciate what your intelligent wife has done. She really saved you from any unnecessary questioning from CW.

WingsToFly
Newly Registered

Post by WingsToFly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:07 am

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm if asked by CW to provide proof of maintenance funds then is it fine to show the banks statements or do they require anything like a letter from bank? Thanks.