ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

alternative evidence of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chicona
Newly Registered

alternative evidence of residence

Post by chicona » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 am

Hello, I need help please. After 5 months long waiting home office agency ask me my original passport or travel document from 23/10/2007 to 1/02/12 . I never no have issue any. My permanent resident card was printed on A4 paper, last year was issue my certificate of
travel because never I no have any passport or travel document so why home office ask me this?
Next chance for me is send alternative evidence of residence, But I am was house wife. No have any letter from employer, no P60, never no self employer never no take any jobseeker allowance
everything what I have is working and child credit letter and bank statement
have somebody idea what send next as proof my residence
and what does mean my permanent resident card is no proof as resident?
thank you for help

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am

have u got any letters from GP or any medical treatment.
your voter regstration card. if you have kids, their school attendence.
council tax bill in your name or any other official letters in your name might help........
:?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:37 am

What did you use for your EEA4 application? You can use the same evidence again.

chicona
Newly Registered

Post by chicona » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am

thank you for help yes I send everything again but all my evidence from EEA4 is come back and ask me next more documents I am no understand before is my resident document ok now no

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 am

Maybe they didn't realise you don't have a passport.

As suggest as letter from your GP confirming (based on your medical record) that you have been registered with them (or NHS) for the 5 years would be accepted.

Official letters about your child benefits, tax letters are also accepted.

marcsaharcsa
Newly Registered

Re: alternative evidence of residence

Post by marcsaharcsa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 am

Hi could you tell me what happened to you?Did you get the ctizenship at the end? How? I am in the same situation right now. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:46 am

marcsaharcsa wrote:Hi could you tell me what happened to you?Did you get the ctizenship at the end? How? I am in the same situation right now. Thanks
This thread is over three years old and chicona hasn't been active on the forum since April 2013, so a response is unlikely.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KXenL
Newly Registered

Post by KXenL » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi, I was in a similar situation and was requested by UKBA to send additional proof of residency for 5 months (as I was a housewife I did not have any wage slips), they wanted me to confirm that I was residing in UK during that particular requested period. My passport did not cover it. So, I ordered my confidential medical records at GP and it turned out that I had 5 appointments during that period of time. I also requested a letter from GP confirming that I personally attended all of them. So, if you need some additional residency proof - this might help! I have my citizenship ceremony on 9/11/16.