ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying with Banker's draft electronocally

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabby

Paying with Banker's draft electronocally

Post by gabby » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello,

Please I want to find out if anyone has paid PEO fee using electronic banker's draft for his ILR. That means money will be in home office account same time you visit the bank for the draft? Was there any issue with PEO reconciling this during the appointment? What are the requirements?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 pm

bankers draft is a cheque issued by the bank to home office but is guaranteed as the funds are debited from your account when the cheque is issued and held in the banks suspense account until the home office deposits the cheque.

when you present the cheque at peo appointment, they will link it to your application.

i used this method for ilr and had no problems
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm

CR001 wrote:bankers draft is a cheque issued by the bank to home office but is guaranteed as the funds are debited from your account when the cheque is issued and held in the banks suspense account until the home office deposits the cheque.

when you present the cheque at peo appointment, they will link it to your application.

i used this method for ilr and had no problems
thank you. It's a very safe method of paying. Applicant and Home office need not worry about the payment of visa fees.Home office get their funds immediately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Kevin24 wrote:thank you. It's a very safe method of paying. Applicant and Home office need not worry about the payment of visa fees.Home office get their funds immediately.

agree, my bank told me they do many for home office apps because its so secure unlike debit cards that are sometimes rejected because of large fees debited. :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:thank you. It's a very safe method of paying. Applicant and Home office need not worry about the payment of visa fees.Home office get their funds immediately.

agree, my bank told me they do many for home office apps because its so secure unlike debit cards that are sometimes rejected because of large fees debited. :wink:
Agreed. It's really true. When your Card is rejected Home Office refuse the Application. But when your payment has gone through and your application has been rejected,they don't refund the Visafees.

gabby

Post by gabby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 am

Thank you so much CR001 and Kevin24.

One more thing, please. My bank Natwest asked me for the account number and sort code of home office for them to prepare the elctronic draft. Please where can I get that info?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Don't quite understand what you are asking for. A bankers' draft is not an electronic payment process like online banking. I think you are asking for the incorrect service from your bank.

I used Natwest and simply went into my branch and asked for a Bankers' Draft to the value of £2025 and picked up the bank issued cheque the next day and it was clearly made out to Home Office and my account was debited.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gabby

Post by gabby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I think I have to go back and explain it further to them. May be the bank officer did not understand my request properly. Thank you for your response.