ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test Result Document - Name Surname reversed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sphinx5

Life in UK test Result Document - Name Surname reversed

Post by sphinx5 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi

My Spouse today gave life in Uk test and we found out that by mistake she had registered her name as surname and vice versa during registration, due to this the result sheet also printed her name & surname in reverse order.

This is certainly our fault, but when we told them the problem, they were very helpful & said that while sending the data to UKBA, they will mention this as an additional note, Besides this they were kind enough to give her a letter saying that the name was reversed and mentioned what it is in reality and that they have verified the correct name using the registered ID. ( This letter also mentions that she passed the test, date of passing and the Pass stamp similar to one on the result sheet )

Is this letter sufficient or would it still be a problem during ILR application?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:54 pm

I guess it should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sphinx5

Post by sphinx5 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Yes, Im really hoping so, Thing is that they have changed the syllabus and today was the last day for 2nd edition based tests, Now onwards 3rd edition of 'Life in Uk Study Guide' comes into effect, which I heard has a lot more data to go thru.

So if this is not going to be an issue, my mrs would not have to give another go with the new syllabus.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Life in UK test Result Document - Name Surname reversed

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 pm

sphinx5 wrote:Hi

My Spouse today gave life in Uk test and we found out that by mistake she had registered her name as surname and vice versa during registration, due to this the result sheet also printed her name & surname in reverse order.

This is certainly our fault, but when we told them the problem, they were very helpful & said that while sending the data to UKBA, they will mention this as an additional note, Besides this they were kind enough to give her a letter saying that the name was reversed and mentioned what it is in reality and that they have verified the correct name using the registered ID. ( This letter also mentions that she passed the test, date of passing and the Pass stamp similar to one on the result sheet )

Is this letter sufficient or would it still be a problem during ILR application?
Pass Certificate and Letter are sufficient ,that your wife has passed the test. Also they have informed UKBA. I don't think there will be any issues.

sphinx5

Post by sphinx5 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks Kevin, I have my fingers crossed.
Has any one had any similar issue in the past ? Was that an issue during ILR Application?

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:15 pm

I hope it should be fine but read this FAQ.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... 70.html#q3
sphinx5 wrote:Thanks Kevin, I have my fingers crossed.
Has any one had any similar issue in the past ? Was that an issue during ILR Application?