ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension ,Increased Salary scenario

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eksitara
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension ,Increased Salary scenario

Post by eksitara » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi everyone,

This forum is great and has provided me with a lot of support through out the immigration process.

My Background:
Current:Tier 2
Applying for :Extension
Current leave expiry: 4-6-2013

I am in the process of applying for my Tier 2 extension along with my 2 dependents by 1st of April , I am working for same employer, same job,same soc code, but employer has agreed to increase my salary

Question:

My new salary is 27K, I am not sure should I get paid new salary once UKBA extend my stay i.e by end of May(If I hear from them by then) or my new salary can come into effect from beginning of April hence end of April I should get my salary slip with the new increased salary .By end of April I still would not have heard anything from UKBA.

2) How many months payslips should I provide with my extension application?

3) I understand I do not have to show maintenance as we are all applying through in-country postal application and all extending our stay.

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Extension ,Increased Salary scenario

Post by makky86 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

eksitara wrote:Hi everyone,

This forum is great and has provided me with a lot of support through out the immigration process.

My Background:

I am in the process of applying for my Tier 2 extension along with my 2 dependents by 1st of April , I am working for same employer, same job,same soc code, but employer has agreed to increase my salary

Question:

My new salary is 27K, I am not sure should I get paid new salary once UKBA extend my stay i.e by end of May(If I hear from them by then) or my new salary can come into effect from beginning of April hence end of April I should get my salary slip with the new increased salary .By end of April I still would not have heard anything from UKBA.

3) I understand I do not have to show maintenance as we are all applying through in-country postal application and all extending our stay.

Thanks
You don't need to show any payslip.

Your employ just confirm the salary thats it.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

eksitara
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Urgent

Post by eksitara » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:53 am

Hi MohdKhokar,

Thanks for your reply, I completely understand that employer confirms the salary and puts the right amount amount in COS.

Can you answer the below Question about when can I be start getting paid my new salary

My new salary is 27K, I am not sure should I get paid new salary once UKBA approve extension of my stay i.e by end of May(New salary in effect from 1st June) or my new salary can come into effect from beginning of April while my application is still with UKBA

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Extension Urgent

Post by makky86 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 pm

eksitara wrote:Hi MohdKhokar,

Thanks for your reply, I completely understand that employer confirms the salary and puts the right amount amount in COS.

Can you answer the below Question about when can I be start getting paid my new salary

My new salary is 27K, I am not sure should I get paid new salary once UKBA approve extension of my stay i.e by end of May(New salary in effect from 1st June) or my new salary can come into effect from beginning of April while my application is still with UKBA
Your salary can come into effect anytime.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Urgent Confusion

Post by eksitara » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for your reply.

Would this cause me a problem when I apply for my ILR in June 2015 ,And will UKBA not question me to say how come in April 2013 you got paid your new salary while your application for extension was approved in June!

The only point that conflict in my mind is you always remain on your old conditions until your new application is approved just like in Tier 4 etc etc
so based on above analogy does it even apply to salaries as well where I should stick to my old salary until I have got approval from UKBA for my extension so I can start getting my new salary,

Manci,Sush Lucapooka Plz I would like your opinion as well

Thanks in advance

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Extension Urgent Confusion

Post by makky86 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

eksitara wrote:Hi Mohd,

Thank you for your reply.

Would this cause me a problem when I apply for my ILR in June 2015 ,And will UKBA not question me to say how come in April 2013 you got paid your new salary while your application for extension was approved in June!

The only point that conflict in my mind is you always remain on your old conditions until your new application is approved just like in Tier 4 etc etc
so based on above analogy does it even apply to salaries as well where I should stick to my old salary until I have got approval from UKBA for my extension so I can start getting my new salary,

Manci,Sush Lucapooka Plz I would like your opinion as well

Thanks in advance
Sorry I can't get your question. I am sure Lucapooka will answer it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Extension ,Increased Salary scenario

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm

eksitara wrote:Hi everyone,

My Background:

Question:

Thanks

Please read the UKBA Guidance and New SOC Code list. You should post your questions very clearly for any one to comment.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension URGENT!!!

Post by eksitara » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 am

Ok I will simplify my situation

My Background
Currently on : Tier 2
Current Salary: 24K
Expiry of Current Leave :4th June 2013
Applying for: Tier 2 Extension with 2 dependents

I had my tier 2 in June 2010 hence old rules apply to me

Extending my stay with same employer,same job ,same soc code but employer has decided to increase my salary to 27K

Applying for extension : 2nd April 2013
Expected outcome: 1st June 2013

Problem

1) Should my employer start paying me my new salary from 1st April while application for extension ( stating my new salary) is still with UKBA ??

2) Should my employer start paying me new salary AFTER i have got approval from UKBA for my extension with my new salary

Now if answer to (1) is Yes then

1) Will UKBA not cause me any issue when I apply for my ILR in June 2015 saying Why am I being paid new salary while my application is still in progress with UKBA considering you always remain on your old status while you wait for the outcome of new application.

Kevin,MohdKhokar,Lucapooka,Manci and rest I hope I have simplified it now

jjrajesh

Post by jjrajesh » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 am

Hi,

No need to bother, only when your salary is lower to what is quoted in the COS the UKBA will question you , not when you are getting higher salary.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Guys a quick question as this thread has confused me a bit.

I am currently on tier 2 G- I will be applying for my extension in Feb 2015.

1. Will the new SOC code affect me as my current code is not any more acceptable

2. Will I have to show more salary for extension

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 pm

There are two places, where your salary will be mentioned in your application process.
1) In the COS, which is filled by your sponsor while allocating you a certificate.
2) IN Tier(2) application form, when you fill it yourself, where you should say how much you will get paid.

Now, in both places you should mention the salary at the time you fill that column. For instance, if your employer allocates a certificate by 31 March (or before), when your salary is 24 k, then in COS they should say 24k. If they do this after 1 April, then they should say 27k.
The same applies to your, when you fill your application form.

It does not matter, once you applied by mentioning 24k and whilst your application is in UKBA, during the time your salary is hiked to 27k. This should not be an issues (as long as the salary 24k is on or above the rate paid for this SOC job code as mentioned in the code of practice for sponsors).

Im telling this with my personal experience, since my application was sent with old salary and after submitting the application, my company hiked mine. This has not caused any issue and I got my BRP.

Just make sure that your employer/yourself fill-up the salary figure in COS/application form, which is paid to you on the day of filling the COS/application.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Urgent

Post by eksitara » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you cfdman,

I agree with you now that UKBA will not be bothered for increase provided it is not less then the 24K so I have decided to go with following

Salary in COS:27k
Assign COS before: 31st March

In Application Form : 27K ( that is going to be my new salary)
Postal application by :3rd April

In the above way I am covered because UKBA does not like different salaries on CoS and Application Form

Another Issue:

In the dependent application form for my wife there are two questions

1) What was your booking or reference number ?

This was 3 years ago and we do not have any information

2) What was the name of your transport operator

We have short listed it to two airlines but not sure which one it is exactly

I wanted to know how critical are the above questions and will getting these wrong result in refusal

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

I used online application and I didnot get any of these questions.
So, I presume they are not very important.

Also, the "Help text for DEPENDANT OF A TIER 1, 2 OR 5 WORKER" says the following.

"K12 - If you have it you should provide the ticket booking or reference number for the ticket you used when you last entered the UK. If you do not have it do not answer this question."

See the link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-text.pdf

If you are still bothered may be you can write a cover letter to explain this.