ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help required Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalwani.a
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by lalwani.a » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Manci,

The good news is that caseworker called up today to HR and informed that they have reconsidered my application based on the letter we sent them. She also sent an official mail and my visa will be dispatched on Monday.

Thanks to you also for answering my queries promptly. Hats off to you and keep continuing this social cause.

Bye for now.
manci wrote:
lalwani.a wrote:Thanks Manci, I was dying for your reply - I was so frustated today.

1. My passport is retained by UKBA and when I called the agency they said it will take around a week to collect the passport so I think may be max I have 10 days to leave. This means when I leave I will get overstay stamp on passport? Is that going to affect my future application? Not sure if your passport will be marked but provided you don't overstay by more than 28 days your future applications should not be affected. If you decide to leave the UK keep evidence of the date you left (e.g. ticket). It may be that if you decide not to appeal but leave the UK you will only get back your passport at the airport - UKBA should tell you what the procedure is

2. My employer is taking legal help on appeal. But do you think we can argue based on the letter we sent to UKBA accepting our mistake and also HR reiterating that it was done from their part. How strong the argument would be? Hope the appeal has to be based on the documents submitted and not based on any new information. Rely on the advice from the immigration professional. If it is decided to appeal ask if it would strengthen your case if your sponsor issued a new CoS before submitting the appeal.

3. If I apply from home country and after RLMT do my employer need restricted CoS access or unrestricted. They issued me unrestricted in my original application or does it vary due to PSW and non PSW? If it is restricted do they need to apply again to UKBA for getting restricted access? If you apply for entry clearance from your home country you will need a restricted CoS. Your sponsor would have to apply for one. There is a monthly quota and decisions on applications received by UKBA by the 5th of a month are made on the 11th of the same month.
Thanks. Ashok