ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early PEO Appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilruk
Newly Registered

Early PEO Appointment

Post by ilruk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm

My Tier 1 visa expires on 28th April. So essentially I should book appointment from 1st April ( 28 days in advance ) . I have got an appointment for 28th March at Sheffield. I think its fine because 29th March - 1st April anyway is a holiday. Should there be any issue if the appointment is booked 1 working day early from eligibility period ? Has anybody booked an appointment more than 28 days before the visa expiry ?

Also, I believe Sheffield do process employed-self employed combination applications on the same day. Please let me know if you have experienced otherwise.

Thanks in advance :)

ilruk
Newly Registered

Post by ilruk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:22 am

Bump! Anyone got an insight ? :?:

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 pm

If it was Solihull, I would have recommended you to go ahead as they will take payment after they have decided to approve your application but Sheffield, I am not sure

I will recommend you to do it 2nd April, it is not matter of 1 working day before because CW only sees guideline and follow figures and papers and 28 March is outside 28 days

Second reason, there may be some conviction or accident or charges put on you or crime involving you between 28 Mar and 2 April so logically and practically CW may not get convinced

Better safe then worry; get one after 2 April, couple of days does not make big difference, if it was 4 April and 7 April, you could worry about fee

Good Luck

ilruk
Newly Registered

Post by ilruk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks!

I understand your point. I am looking out for cancellations to get appointments between 1st April and 6th April . But havent had luck yet. If I get one, I obviously would book that one. But this question was related to the worst case scenario - If I dont get appointment between 2nd and 6th April

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

You can't apply before 28 days the 5th anniversary of your Tier 1 visa. If you apply on 28 th you will fall sort of few day. Not worth taking the risk. Re schedule your appointment.

dnataraj

They will refuse if submitted even 1 day early also

Post by dnataraj » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm

They will refuse the application. See the email below received from
SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

The concession to permit applicants to submit applications up to 28 days was introduced to ensure that the applicant’s leave did not expire before they were able to get an appointment at the PEO, it was not intended that applicants should submit their application at the very earliest date available to them.

If an application is submitted at a PEO earlier than 28 days before the continuous period is completed, the application would fall for refusal, even if the application was submitted 1 day too early.

I trust this answers your question.

Ann

Ann Woodall |Settlement Operational Policy and Rules| Blue zone, 5th Floor|Capital Building |Old Hall St |Liverpool L3 9PP

ilruk
Newly Registered

Re: They will refuse if submitted even 1 day early also

Post by ilruk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks dnataraj. Its a very helpful information as its coming from horse's mouth. Will keep on looking for 2nd April - 6th April appointments
dnataraj wrote:They will refuse the application. See the email below received from
SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

The concession to permit applicants to submit applications up to 28 days was introduced to ensure that the applicant’s leave did not expire before they were able to get an appointment at the PEO, it was not intended that applicants should submit their application at the very earliest date available to them.

If an application is submitted at a PEO earlier than 28 days before the continuous period is completed, the application would fall for refusal, even if the application was submitted 1 day too early.

I trust this answers your question.

Ann

Ann Woodall |Settlement Operational Policy and Rules| Blue zone, 5th Floor|Capital Building |Old Hall St |Liverpool L3 9PP