ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shycandy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by shycandy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 am

Hi guys,

i stumbled upon this site and i must say its very useful. I recently applied for Naturalisation on the 9th March '07, but i recently just found out that if i have CCJ against me that means my application could be unsuccessful.
Can anyone shed some light on this matter pls, i'm very worried :cry:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:27 am

How did you answer :-
3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgements made against you?
-: on the application form?

Download this file. Having done so read 4.4. So what is the position as regards your CCJ? Have you made arrangements for paying off the indebtedness?
John

shycandy
Newly Registered

Post by shycandy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:21 am

Thanx for the link. My CCJ seems to have been registered against me in 2006 for £225 and remains unpaid since the as i really had no idea cos i never received a court order or anything.

I found out about it after i had sent off my application, so it was not mentioned. Do you think this will be a big factor?

peppa p
Newly Registered

Post by peppa p » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:02 pm

shycandy wrote:Thanx for the link. My CCJ seems to have been registered against me in 2006 for £225 and remains unpaid since the as i really had no idea cos i never received a court order or anything.

I found out about it after i had sent off my application, so it was not mentioned. Do you think this will be a big factor?
I am in the same situation probably worse than yours. I am a discharged bankrupt but did not click when filling the form in that i had to state this. I am actually planning on wrtiting to them and informing them about this.

crunch is are you rewarded for honesty, and again if they do find out could be negative for you. are not able to enter into some kind of agreement with the creditor and arrange payments?

shycandy
Newly Registered

Post by shycandy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Thanx for all your help guys,
i received a letter from the Home Office yesterday actually dated 21 March, and my application has been successful. It only took 11days and was a nice surprise. Looks like my CCJ's weren't an issue then.

I'm now waiting for my ceremony invitation.

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi congrat!

Is your application based on a 5-year work permit?