ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa advise please!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tina79

Schengen visa advise please!

Post by tina79 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Sorry guys i know im asking too many question, but my head is not straight after our tragedy...

well i need your advise.

We are moving back to SVK with my husband temporaly and we do hope to go to Vienna to settle.

Now..to obtain for my husband residence permit in SVK is a nightmare. Therefore we have decided to apply for Schengenv visa through Czech embassy. However he will fly first to Austria ( as there is no direct flight to SVK) and we want him to stay with that Schengen in SVK until we get job in Vienna.....

We will go to Czech republic too as my cusin and my bro lives there but mainly we will be in Slovakia....also we will visit Hungary too.

Do you thinkg there will be a problem with it? We just trying to find the quicekst way to bring him over....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Not everyone will be familiar with your story.

What is your nationality?

tina79

Post by tina79 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:13 pm

sorry. My nationality is still Slovak. At the moment in Turkey. Lived in UK over 8 years, got married to him 2 years ago while in UK but never lived in EU coutnry together. LAst year moved from UK to Turkey.

Im just now worrried as we wil spend more time in Slovkai then in Czech republik and he will fly to Vienna not to Prague if the Czech embassy will give him the Schengen and for how long...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

In general as an EU national, you can go to any country (other than your own) under the terms of directive 2004/38/EC and your spouse can be with you.

If you move to your own country, national immigration law generally applies.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 pm

thanks for this info but i know this.

my worry is not get Schengen for him for only 2 month. The Czech embassy asking for an invitation letter from my cousing...that's why im worried that he will get only for a short period of time. last time he had 7 month..

also what happens if he will over stay after his visa exprires?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm

tina79 wrote:thanks for this info but i know this.

my worry is not get Schengen for him for only 2 month. The Czech embassy asking for an invitation letter from my cousing...that's why im worried that he will get only for a short period of time. last time he had 7 month..

also what happens if he will over stay after his visa exprires?
In order to get a visa, your husband will be required to present his passport, evidence of family relationship to you, evidence of your nationality and perhaps demonstrate that you will be accompanying or joining. An invitation letter should not be required.

Once in a member state, your family member is allowed to be with you so long as you live in accordance with the terms of the directive (first three months, hold a valid passport; post three months you would need to be a worker, self-sufficient or student).