ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa....sponsor on ESA/SICK benefit please help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

fiance visa....sponsor on ESA/SICK benefit please help!

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 pm

my fiance has been on benefits for the past 6 years...he is unable to work...and receives a sick benefit....his heartcondition prevents him from flying to the United States....will he be exempt from financial requirements? What is the best way for me to come to the UK for good? I inow i cant work until I have a spouse visa...we love eachother so very much and we just want to be together....theres no other option...i have to settle there.. he cannot come here...i dont think his heart would survive the travel....any advice would be appeeciated! thanks!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 am

You need to be very specific - what benefit does he receive?

There are certain benefits that exempt him from the financial requirements.

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

MPH80 wrote:You need to be very specific - what benefit does he receive?

There are certain benefits that exempt him from the financial requirements.
he says it was called dla but they have changed the name of it with all the new changes they are making

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:23 pm

If he gets DLA he'll be exempt from the financial commitment, but he must show he can ' adequately ' maintain & accommodate you without further claim of benefits.

The Immigration Rules set out that ‘adequate’ and ‘adequately’ in relation to a maintenance and accommodation requirement shall mean that, after housing costs have been deducted, there must be available to the family the level of gross income that would be available to them if the family was in receipt of income support. The income support rate is about £482. Read this.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 pm

DavLissy wrote:If he gets DLA he'll be exempt from the financial commitment, but he must show he can ' adequately ' maintain & accommodate you without further claim of benefits.

The Immigration Rules set out that ‘adequate’ and ‘adequately’ in relation to a maintenance and accommodation requirement shall mean that, after housing costs have been deducted, there must be available to the family the level of gross income that would be available to them if the family was in receipt of income support. The income support rate is about £482. Read this.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hp8-annex/

ok ty for the info...after they take out his council tax ect...he has 100£ a week left....having said that...what can we do...even if he could fly and settle here...which he cant due to medical issues....the cost of his medicine and dr bills...theres no way we could survive in america.....how do we fix this? we just want to be together...
maintenance.pdf?view=Binary

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Have you met in person yet?

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Casa wrote:Have you met in person yet?
yes we have...i just came back from the UK last week

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:37 pm

btw...i dont want to come over there to get on benefits...or for the healthcare...i am fit and very capable...have ran a kennel and animal rescue in the states for almost 6 years....finally meet the man i been waitin for all my life...n legal or health issues may prevent us from ever being together.....neither of us can even think about that.....there has to be a way.

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:08 pm

If he can't show adequate maintenance, and you can't meet the minimum financial figures, then i don't know how you will be given a visa to stay here. Maybe you should get some professional advice.

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

DavLissy wrote:If he can't show adequate maintenance, and you can't meet the minimum financial figures, then i don't know how you will be given a visa to stay here. Maybe you should get some professional advice.
professional advice is what we need we r lost...weve never done this before....any reccomendations would be appreciated...weve contacted some but the credentials just cant be verified n they asked for more money than the price of the visa assured me it would be approved wout even discussing our situation.

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 pm

wildbloomingirishrose wrote:
DavLissy wrote:If he can't show adequate maintenance, and you can't meet the minimum financial figures, then i don't know how you will be given a visa to stay here. Maybe you should get some professional advice.
professional advice is what we need we r lost...weve never done this before....any reccomendations would be appreciated...weve contacted some but the credentials just cant be verified n they asked for more money than the price of the visa assured me it would be approved wout even discussing our situation.
Try these people http://www.iasservices.org.uk/ fill in the form on the right hand side, they will get back to you and offer advice at a very reasonable price, but it'll be your choice whether to proceed or not.

wildbloomingirishrose
Newly Registered

Post by wildbloomingirishrose » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 am

another question....ive noticed i can get a visitor to marry visa get married and come back home...however my current job will prevent me from staying for the 15 day waiting period....i also read in scotland we can register by post to get married...my stay would only be for 1 week... is it possible to get married in scotland on a visitor marriage visa?...me from the USA him from the UK...then go back home to America...and apply for a spouse visa? I dont want to break any laws...but unfortunatly if i want to keep my job here in America and save up more money to come over....this seemed like a logical idea.....any advice would be appreciated :)