ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed Fiance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lizzy90
Newly Registered

Self Employed Fiance

Post by lizzy90 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:21 am

Hello just a general query - somebody may be able to point me in the right direction.

My UK Fiance is self employed and has just started up a company. He has no regular income at the moment and we are applying for a Fiance visa for me to go to the UK. Our problem is proving an income for him to support me.

We have letters from his family saying they will support us if need be and stating their income. I have a letter of a job offer from a prospective employer (for after we apply for the 2 yr spouse visa).

My Fiance will also be receiving a lump sum payment soon (I know they don't look on that kindly). Is this enough? I have savings as well.

Any help will be appreciated as like many others I'm on the April 1st deadline ! :)

lizzy90
Newly Registered

Post by lizzy90 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:44 am

Is there anyone that can advise me? Any takers?? Any suggestions?

luis2007
Newly Registered

Post by luis2007 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi - I have just done exactly the same thing.
My fiancee is self employed and we just received our visa last week. In the folder we wrote a long covering letter saying that she was self employed and had good prospects in terms of earning money.
She put in various invoices from the last year of being self employed and also receipts of money earnt. It was accepted as being enough.
It can be done but it did help in our case that she had an ongoing agreement with one company and had a letter stating from the owner that this would not be changing in the foreseeable future.
We did not have feedback once we got our visa so am not certain how useful my advice is - but we did get it- we also had a £6000 in the bank which must have helped.
This lump sum payment your fiancee is receiving - is this work related? If so you could make an invoice up for it.
Am not certain how useful my advice is but I will keep checking if you have any more questions.

lizzy90
Newly Registered

Post by lizzy90 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks Luis,

The money is work related and we are writing letters to explain the company and all of its objectives. We also have the support of my Fiance's family.

So hopefully it will all work out.

Thanks again and congratulations on your visa sucess :)