ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant on HSMP - Is fiance visa applicable..HELP ME.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kutty_78_2000
Newly Registered

Main applicant on HSMP - Is fiance visa applicable..HELP ME.

Post by kutty_78_2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi ,
I am in the UK on HSMP for the past 5 months.I got a job last month.
So now I want to bring my boy friend to UK now.

Can I sponsor and bring my boy friend on a Fiance visa and marry here.Are HSMP holders eligible for that.

Or can i bring my boy friend here on a tourist visa and marry him here.Can people marry on tourist visas.

Me and my boy friend have been living together for the last 2 years in my country.Can i apply for spouse visa based on living together evidences.

I cannot live without him.Please help me out.

kutty_78_2000
Newly Registered

Post by kutty_78_2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm

I am in a fix please help me out....

lizzy90
Newly Registered

Post by lizzy90 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:39 am

I do know that you can't get married on a tourist visa. To get married in the UK you need a fiance visa or a visit for marriage visa. As for your own situation in the UK and whether it is applicable to you - I don't know - hopefully someone else on this board can help.

Good Luck :)

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 am

As lizzy90 correctly pointed out, your boyfriend cannot marry on just a Visit Visa. He would either need a Marriage Visitor Visa if he intends to go back after the marriage or a Fiance visa if he intends to settle down over here with you. He is eligible to come to the UK and get married to you with you being on HSMP.

Mind you, he would have to show your bank statements as proof of resources available to him and month of employment might not be enough. Also you will need to get a COA to be able to give notice to get married.
Jabi

kutty_78_2000
Newly Registered

Post by kutty_78_2000 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:42 am

Thanks Lisy90 and Docterror.
I am soo excited that he will be eligible to apply for fiance visa...I was always under the impression that fiance visas are only for people with ILR status....Thanks once again...

So I could ask him to come here on a tourist visa stay here for 6 months
meanwhile I could get enuf funds to show from my employment and also
apply for COA.And then I could ask him to apply for a fiance visa and come back and get married...and apply for a dependent spouse visa later...

Would that work out...

Is there a minimum time that a person should stay outside the country between a visitor visa and a fiance visa..Please let me know.

kutty_78_2000
Newly Registered

Post by kutty_78_2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:51 am

Someone please clear my doubts...
Is there a minimum time duration between tourist visa and fiance visa..
Please let me know

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:06 am

The most simple, easiest and straightforward way for your boyfriend is to apply for fiance visa at the embassy of UK where he is currently residing.

Make sure you send all your supporting documents and evidences in the past that you were togerther-living in that country for last 6/12 months.

Applying for a tourist visa and then fiance visa while in UK could may well end up in rejection.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:13 am

kutty_78_2000 wrote: I could ask him to apply for a fiance visa and come back and get married
vin123 wrote:Applying for a tourist visa and then fiance visa while in UK could well end up in rejection.
Vin123, the fiance visa would have been meant to be applied outside the UK.

Kutty_78_2000, Even though there is no specified time to wait between the tourist visa and the fiance visa, its not advisable to stay 6 months on the tourist visa. On the tourist visa a person is expected to do just that.. be a tourist.
Jabi