ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rejected..members please help me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

HSMP Rejected..members please help me

Post by rajeshvelu » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:48 pm

My HSMP application was refused

Reasons:

The reason given by the case worker for refusal was that i have not provided sufficient evidence to meet the english language ability requirement and also stated that she had doubts whether the qualification was actually awarded

but the letter from the university clearly states the following "did his BE degre in EIE reg no XXXXX during the acadamic year(1995-1999)and medium of instruction throughout the course was English "and the case officer said that it merely stated "did his degree"and it does not confirm the qualification was actually awarded

i have provided my original BE degree certificate contains all retails

Senior members please advise am i eligible to reapply or not

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:17 pm

This is Crazy man..

Even i had applied for HSMP with my BE certifiacte having wordings "DID BE"(dont know the exact wordings, but BE certicates wordings across India is same )..Dont know what is the difference between "DID" and "AWARDED"....

U can reapply...But i think they dont want to give HSMP ..

Last option is to request your University to give a 'Customised' Certificate..

Ashish

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm

First of all the guidance ask's about the words like "GRANTED" to be mentioned in the University Letter. But it does'nt make sense to reject a application based on this reason.

I would suggest to go for a review and write a letter explaining why you dont agree with the decision when you have submitted both the documents mentioned in the guidance. Ask them why they did'nt consider the Original Ceritificate which clearly mentions that the degree has been awarded.

And then explain to them that both the documents together proves that you have indeed completed the Degree & that it was taught in English . Your letter has to be very strong in explanation . Dont be offensive or rude to them . Just explain why you think your applicaiton should be approved.

Keep faith.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Rejected..members please help me

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:23 pm

If the reason for rejection is Engflish requirement than you should reapply again.

I think the best solution here is to sit for IELTS. It is not not difficult to get score 0f 6.0 many people who has living in the UK said that they just prepare it for 2 weeks and det result more than 6.0.

Pantaiema

rajeshvelu wrote:My HSMP application was refused

Reasons:

The reason given by the case worker for refusal was that i have not provided sufficient evidence to meet the english language ability requirement and also stated that she had doubts whether the qualification was actually awarded

but the letter from the university clearly states the following "did his BE degre in EIE reg no XXXXX during the acadamic year(1995-1999)and medium of instruction throughout the course was English "and the case officer said that it merely stated "did his degree"and it does not confirm the qualification was actually awarded

i have provided my original BE degree certificate contains all retails

Senior members please advise am i eligible to reapply or not

debz

Post by debz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi Rajesh,

I have heard of some cases that got rejected due to the fact that the case worker wasn't convinced with the wordings of the letter from the uni.

So, I think it's better to play safe. Apply for the IELTS. Don't take tesion. It's a child's play. You can easily get a band 7.0 by merely preparing for 2 days (sincerely). Getting a date for the exam may be difficult sometimes. But, no worries.. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Regards,
Debjani.

AspireHSMP

Post by AspireHSMP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 pm

Hi Rajesh,

Sad to know your rejection. Can you please share us the university details ? As far as I know one of my friend got the same from Bharthiyar University and got approved.

Cheers
XMachi

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:27 am

Evidence required for English Language Requiement:

" You must provide BOTH of the following:

The original degree certificate – if you have provided this as part of the educational experience section please indicate this on the application form and we will use the same evidence for this section; AND

An original letter from the awarding body on the official letter headed paper. The letter should confirm your name, the qualification obtained, the date of the award and whether or not the course was taught in English".

The HSMP Guidance does NOT mention words "Granted/Conferred/Awarded" for the letter for English Language Requirement.

The same is mentioned in exceptional consideration where one to has to provide letter from awarding institution (in lieu of Degree Certifcate) and Academic Transcript to prove English Language Ability.

The problem may be your Degree Certificate (not the English letter) itself if it does not contain either of these magic words:

granted/conferred/awarded

Applicants with HSMP approvals - please give feedback

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:25 am

Please see the point 7 in this posting...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14466

In your medium of instruction certificate, this point is not met.

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:37 am

Completed my BE degree with Manonmaniam sundaranar university.

MY self and my college friend got the certificate from the above university(same format) and he got approved on the same day..!

Members i am planning to reapply..please suggest

nizamm

Post by nizamm » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:00 am

Dear Rajesh,

The Important thing is you had suppilied your IELTS orginials or not? you have enough Band score or not.

As per degree i think you are from india. please attach the registration of you degree printout from Ministry of Higher Education that is HRD.

Thanks

Nizaam

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 am

As per degree i think you are from india. please attach the registration of you degree printout from Ministry of Higher Education that is HRD.

Nizamm:
Why do we need this ????never heard of it before, does not say anywhere on the guidance notes!!!!

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Hai ND

i am planning to reapply

this is what i am trying send..please correct me if i am wrong

The reason given by the caseworker for refusal was that I have not provided sufficient evidence to meet the English language ability requirement.

The case officer in her reason for refusal has stated that the letter did not state whether the qualification was actually awarded. I would like to appeal against the decision and have listed my reasons for appeal below.

**The letter from the university clearly states the followingâ€

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 am

members please check the above review format and guide me

I am planning to send Fax for Review tommrrow..Bze i received refusal letter 20 days back

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:36 pm

rajeshvelu,

What was the exact wording in your degree certificate ?

And write exactly what the case worker said ?

Also exact wording of your uni letter .

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:05 pm

rajeshvelu

From the information thats available on this thread , if I am in your situation I would write some thing like this :

HSMP Review Request

Respected HSMP team,

My name is "YYY" and my reference number is "YYY".

After considering the information set out in the refusal letter, I would like to request you to kindly consider my application for a review.
The reason given by the caseworker for refusal was that I have not provided sufficient evidence to meet the English language ability requirement.

The case officer in her reason for refusal has stated that the letter did not state whether the qualification was actually awarded.
Here I will explain in detail why I do not agree with the caseworker's reason on the basis of the evidence I provided :

Evidence I provided for English Language Requirement :

Original Degree Certificate AND Original Letter from University

**My original Bachelor of Engineering Degree Certificate (Serial No.: B xxxx) contains the following :
" print here the exact words it has in the certificate"
This clearly proves that I have been "certified/awarded/which everword is there is your certificate" with Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
**The letter from the university clearly states the following :
â€

invisibleman

Good description

Post by invisibleman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:21 pm

ND,
I appericiate the way you have given the reason....This will definitely improve the chances of getting HSMP approval in Review.

To Rajeshvelu: All the best!!

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Thank u very much ND,

I have not applied for NARRIC

I sent today fax to Home office

I will convey the result once i received the paper from Home office

mayana

Post by mayana » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:46 pm

rajeshvelu,
Nothing to worry about, from your comment you met all the requirement but for that evidence to justify your english language capacity was not good enough as claim by CW. A friend of mine has the same problem but later fax a letter from the uni when he filed in an appeal and was approved.

mayana