ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple trips outside of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Multiple trips outside of UK

Post by anandh79 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi,

I have listed the absences below. These include multiple trips taken outside of UK.

As the trips taken outside of uk also were related to business, have included those to avoid Confusion to CW on looking my passport.

Let me know whether am i making things complicated or the detail is well sufficient to be understood.

Date Left from UK Date Entered into UK Type of Trip Description
07/04/2008 06/06/2008 Business Work Trip Germany,HongKong(Refer Table below)
08/06/2008 14/08/2008 Business Work Trip to Germany,HongKong(Refer table below)
22/11/2008 21/01/2009 Business Work Trip to India
23/01/2009 24/01/2009 Holiday London Luton to Paris.
09/04/2009 14/04/2009 Holiday London Heathrow to India.

Please find breakdown of trips to multiple countries outside of UK between 07/04/2008 to 14/08/2008.

Date Date Type of Trip Description
07/05/2008 17/05/2008 Business Germany - HongKong -Germany
20/06/2008 22/06/2008 Holiday HongKong -Chennai-Hongkong
23/06/2008 27/06/2008 Business HongKong - Germany

Regards
Last edited by anandh79 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:03 pm

IMHO you've made it unnecessarily confusing by including two tables. All you need to list is:

When you left the UK,
When you returned to the UK,
Reason for the trip,
Destination Country - Optional
Passport page containing destination entry stamp - Optional. If you visited many countries during a single absence, then you can just put down the page with the stamp for the first country, to keep things simple.
Passport page containing UK entry stamp - Optional

Can you may be explain what you hope to gain by the second table you mention? It's not clear to me what purpose it serves. Note that the UKBA will not be interested in how many different countries you visited during a single absence from the UK. It's the number of absences from the UK that they are concerned about - how many countries you visited during a single absence is irrelevant.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:26 pm

cs95tdg wrote:IMHO you've made it unnecessarily confusing by including two tables. All you need to list is:

When you left the UK,
Reason for the trip,
Passport page containing destination entry stamp - Optional. If you visited many countries during a single absence, then you can just put down the page with the stamp for the first country, to keep things simple.

Can you may be explain what you hope to gain by the second table you mention? It's not clear to me what purpose it serves. Note that the UKBA will not be interested in how many different countries you visited during a single absence from the UK. It's the number of absences from the UK that they are concerned about - how many countries you visited during a single absence is irrelevant.
Hello cs95tdg

Even I was under the same impression on just mentioning the dates when the left uk and returned back to uk.

My employer suggested that CW will look into the passport and will ask questions on stamps of other countries like HongKong and India. As those are also related to business trips, my employer suggested to provide all information relevant to avoid chances of rejection.

The second table lists the countries I had visited between 07/04/2008 to 14/08/2008.

These information will be in the company letter headed signed by employer. These breakups will not be mentioned in the absent spreadsheet, that will simply have the uk left and entered dates only.

Let me know whether It is too confusing or will lead to any problems.

Should i just mention business trips to Germany and Hongkong rather than mentioning the actual dates. Please advise as it is highly confusing.

Regards
Anandh

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

anandh79 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:IMHO you've made it unnecessarily confusing by including two tables. All you need to list is:

When you left the UK,
Reason for the trip,

Hello cs95tdg

Even I was under the same impression on just mentioning the dates when the left uk and returned back to uk.

My employer suggested that CW will look into the passport and will ask questions on stamps of other countries like HongKong and India. As those are also related to business trips, my employer suggested to provide all information relevant to avoid chances of rejection.

The second table lists the countries I had visited between 07/04/2008 to 14/08/2008.

These information will be in the company letter headed signed by employer. These breakups will not be mentioned in the absent spreadsheet, that will simply have the uk left and entered dates only.

Let me know whether It is too confusing or will lead to any problems.

Should i just mention business trips to Germany and Hongkong rather than mentioning the actual dates. Please advise as it is highly confusing.

Regards
Anandh
In that case, mention separately work related trips and holidays as suggested by your Employer.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:40 pm

You haven't mentioned which immigration category you will be applying under here (T1 or T2/WP), but with the recent changes to the rules, you will need your employer to confirm both annual leave and business related absences irrespective of the category.

So given the above fact, wouldn't your employer be confirming all absences?

My personal opinion is to keep your absence list/spreadsheet as simple and straight forward as possible by listing all absences there. This is what is required according to the SET(O) form. Looking at the reason mentioned against each absence the caseworker will clearly be able to tell which ones were for business purposes and which were annual leave related. If your employer letter confirms those absences, that will satisfy the requirement for your ILR. If specific absences do not need to be confirmed by an employer (E.g. time taken to setup a business, in between work contracts, compassionate reasons etc) then you can still list them along with the required personal letter/evidence.

If your absences listed in your spreadsheet or SET(O) form match your passport stamps and what your employer/personal letter(s) confirms, I honestly don't believe the UKBA will start questioning why you visited specific countries as part of any particular business trip. In the unlikely event that they do, you can explain on the day - but very unlikely IMHO.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 am

cs95tdg wrote:You haven't mentioned which immigration category you will be applying under here (T1 or T2/WP), but with the recent changes to the rules, you will need your employer to confirm both annual leave and business related absences irrespective of the category.

So given the above fact, wouldn't your employer be confirming all absences?

My personal opinion is to keep your absence list/spreadsheet as simple and straight forward as possible by listing all absences there. This is what is required according to the SET(O) form. Looking at the reason mentioned against each absence the caseworker will clearly be able to tell which ones were for business purposes and which were annual leave related. If your employer letter confirms those absences, that will satisfy the requirement for your ILR. If specific absences do not need to be confirmed by an employer (E.g. time taken to setup a business, in between work contracts, compassionate reasons etc) then you can still list them along with the required personal letter/evidence.

If your absences listed in your spreadsheet or SET(O) form match your passport stamps and what your employer/personal letter(s) confirms, I honestly don't believe the UKBA will start questioning why you visited specific countries as part of any particular business trip. In the unlikely event that they do, you can explain on the day - but very unlikely IMHO.
Hi cs95tdg

I am applying under WP+Tier1 route. Those absences mentioned in the table were taken during my WP time.

The only confusion I have is the employer will confirm me the dates with absences in his letter

For eg.,

1/1/2009 to 3/3/2009 Work trip to Germany and HongKong.

Is this enough since it mentions the date left and date entered into UK

or do i need to breakup my travel dates like this

1/1/2009 london to germany
2/2/2009 germany to hongkong
20/2/2009 hongkong to germany
3/3/2009 germany to london.

By the second approach i am bit sceptic that it will create more confusion too the case worker. My employer is ready to support any of these formats.

Personally i though the first format is simple and straightforward as i have already mentioned the dates and destinations.

Also, I believe CW are interested only on the entry and exit stamp dates of UK. Is it irrelevant for them on the number of countries i had visited.

Please advise as this is burning my head.

Regards
Anandh

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am

anandh79 wrote:1/1/2009 to 3/3/2009 Work trip to Germany and HongKong.

Is this enough since it mentions the date left and date entered into UK
This is fine. As I stated in my former response, all you need is when you left the UK and then re-entered.