ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics help at peo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

singhilr

Biometrics help at peo

Post by singhilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey guyz.....Can anyone please explain the process of finger scanning at peo during an ilr appointment.The reason i am asking is coz my wife sustained wrist fracture :( and she has got a plaster cast on her right hand(covering the palm of her hand but fingers and thumb sticking out).can anyone advice us if she can still go ahead for biometrics with the plaster or shall we have it removed a day before.
please reply
thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:36 pm

If the caseworker cannot be able to conduct finger scanning then you will be advised to book appoinment for future dates.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

singhilr

Post by singhilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 pm

i was trying to find out if they just need the finger tips on the scanning screen or the whole hand including the palm spread across it.
thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

singhilr wrote:i was trying to find out if they just need the finger tips on the scanning screen or the whole hand including the palm spread across it.
thanks
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition. It is not the whole hand it is the palm only for Bio Metrics. Hope she could go through with the whole thing. Maxm. 5-10 Minutes. Good Luck with your ILR.

singhilr

Post by singhilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
singhilr wrote:i was trying to find out if they just need the finger tips on the scanning screen or the whole hand including the palm spread across it.
thanks
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition. It is not the whole hand it is the palm only for Bio Metrics. Hope she could go through with the whole thing. Maxm. 5-10 Minutes. Good Luck with your ILR.
thanks for reply kevin,so its the palm actually they need across the screen,but as she has got plaster across the palm then we will need to have it removed,i was under the impression that they only need to scan the fingertips....can you please clarify n any advice pliz
thanks for your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:31 pm

its the fingerprints only : 4 fingers together and thumb seperately! at least thats what happened both times i attended peo.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:its the fingerprints only : 4 fingers together and thumb seperately! at least thats what happened both times i attended peo.
That's the procedure. If it is really painful for your wife to go through with this,why not reschedule the PEO appointment.

singhilr

Post by singhilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
CR001 wrote:its the fingerprints only : 4 fingers together and thumb seperately! at least thats what happened both times i attended peo.
That's the procedure. If it is really painful for your wife to go through with this,why not reschedule the PEO appointment.
its not about pain,although it is quite painful but she is willing to bear it .we are more concerned that if we need to remove the plaster or not.Her four fingers and thumb are completely out of the plaster but it runs across the palm.so if there is no need to place the palm(which is covered with plaster) on the screen,she will be alright.
Please suggest as this is very important for us.
thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 pm

singhilr wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
its not about pain,although it is quite painful but she is willing to bear it .we are more concerned that if we need to remove the plaster or not.Her four fingers and thumb are completely out of the plaster but it runs across the palm.so if there is no need to place the palm(which is covered with plaster) on the screen,she will be alright.

thanks
Bio Metrics involves only scanning your fingers on the glass screen and taking a digital photograph of your face.Maxm. 5 minutes for the whole procedure. In any case, better take a letter from your GP as well,regarding your wife's condition.Trust everything goes well on the day.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:09 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If the caseworker cannot be able to conduct finger scanning then you will be advised to book appoinment for future dates.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

singhilr

Post by singhilr » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
singhilr wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

thanks
Bio Metrics involves only scanning your fingers on the glass screen and taking a digital photograph of your face.Maxm. 5 minutes for the whole procedure. In any case, better take a letter from your GP as well,regarding your wife's condition.Trust everything goes well on the day.
So you mean it only involves placing only fingertips on the screen n not the palm,if that's the case then she will be fine.
Wt u reckon
Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm

singhilr wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
singhilr wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

thanks
For peace of mind,check with the UKBA website.

Bi
o Metrics involves only scanning your fingers on the glass screen and taking a digital photograph of your face.Maxm. 5 minutes for the whole procedure. In any case, better take a letter from your GP as well,regarding your wife's condition.Trust everything goes well on the day.
So you mean it only involves placing only fingertips on the screen n not the palm,if that's the case then she will be fine.
Wt u reckon
Thanks