ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grand Parents DOB

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thewolfman21

Grand Parents DOB

Post by thewolfman21 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi i am about to apply for my british passport via 5 yrs Tier + 1 yr ILR.
Do i need to give my grand parents details (DOB / Marriage etc)on seperate sheet as additional information?

barnaby

Re: Grand Parents DOB

Post by barnaby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm

thewolfman21 wrote:Hi i am about to apply for my british passport via 5 yrs Tier + 1 yr ILR.
Do i need to give my grand parents details (DOB / Marriage etc)on seperate sheet as additional information?
No.

kindle

Post by kindle » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm

barnaby wrote:
thewolfman21 wrote:Hi i am about to apply for my british passport via 5 yrs Tier + 1 yr ILR.
No.
But Section 4 about Parents' details does ask for the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents if both parents were born abroad. Grandparents' names are ok but who knows their date of birth and date of marriage? Don't know why they need these informations.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 am

kindle wrote:But Section 4 about Parents' details does ask for the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents if both parents were born abroad. Grandparents' names are ok but who knows their date of birth and date of marriage? Don't know why they need these informations.
Yes, the instructions are pretty unclear. However, the FAQ says that these details are not needed, and a lot of people here have succeeded without supplying them, including my wife. For example, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=796566.

kindle

Post by kindle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 pm

barnaby wrote:
kindle wrote:But Section 4 about Parents' details does ask for the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents if both parents were born abroad. Grandparents' names are ok but who knows their date of birth and date of marriage? Don't know why they need these informations.
Yes, the instructions are pretty unclear. However, the FAQ says that these details are not needed, and a lot of people here have succeeded without supplying them, including my wife. For example, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=796566.
Thank you very much barnaby. I understand now.