ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Is there any possibility in the near future to get same day appointments for ILR under 10 year catagorey??

Nobbly
Newly Registered

Post by Nobbly » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Just deleted this post, it had wrong information
Last edited by Nobbly on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:59 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Is there any possibility in the near future to get same day appointments for ILR under 10 year catagorey??

The possibilities are next to impossible.

So what is the average waiting time for ILR under 10 year residency

Click the Skydrives link from below and select the relevant spread sheet to figure out yourselves .
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:04 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Is there any possibility in the near future to get same day appointments for ILR under 10 year catagorey??
Hi

I think chances of them scrapping the rule or increasing the years to qualfy are much greater than getting the same day service. I have a feeling when they talk of closing the borders to people from outside Europe, this time the mean it much more than ever before, not the old political pawning.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Hwima wrote:
Hi

I think chances of them scrapping the rule or increasing the years to qualfy are much greater than getting the same day service. I have a feeling when they talk of closing the borders to people from outside Europe, this time the mean it much more than ever before, not the old political pawning.
Well, they might can think to close the 14 year illegal catagorey but no chance of scrapping 10 year rule.

kutub8090
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) or SET (M),

Post by kutub8090 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello everyone, good afternoon.
PLS READ MY SECOND TOPIC.
AS YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT i am an mid august applicant for long residence category.
NOW MY TOPIC ABOUT "DEPENDENT OF 10 YR LONG RESIDENCE CATEGORY ".

AT THE TIME OF MY APPLICATION , MY WIFE MADE AN APPLICATION UNDER FLR(M) AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SAME ENVELOPE, EXPLAINING EVERYTHING DETAILS.

BEFORE I POSTED MY APPLICATION, I MEET MORE THAN 04 IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN PERSON REGARDING MY WIFE APPLICATION AND THERE WAS TWO QUESTION TO THEM, 1. WHETHER MY WIFE HAVE TO MAINTAIN FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS, 2. WHETHER MY WIFE WILL GET TWO YEAR OR 5 YEAR EXTENSION.
ALL OF THEM TOLD ME THAT, MY WIFE HAVE TO UNDER NEW RULE THAT MEANS SHE HAS TO SHOW FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS AND SHE WILL GET 5 YEAR EXTENSION IN TOTAL.
(MY WIFE SITUATION IS , LAST EXTENSION T-2 DEPENDENT).
HOWEVER MY WIFE WORKS AND NORMALLY SHE MAINTAIN FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT ANY WAY.

ACTUALLY LAWYERS ADVICE WAS COMPLETELY WRONG. SINCE I HAVE BEN MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AFTER I POSTED MY APPLICATION, I GET LOTS OF INFORMATION, I STUDIED AND FINALLY I GET:

1. PBS dependent does not require to show financial requirements as long their last granted leave to remain was PBS dependent.
2. the issue is whether dependent of 10 yr long residence successful applicant apply FLR (M) and when SET (M).

in my opinion, first dependent of the 10 yr long residence successful applicant, must switch to FLR(M) and if they can amalgamate their 2 year leave (PBS dependent + FLR(M) dependent), they can apply for SET(M), even immediately, and it is until 5th April 2013. pls see below: the following already in place
"the applicant was admitted to the UK or given an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, and then obtained an extension of stay under paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules and has completed a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of the person who is now present and settled here".

3. FROM 6TH APRIL 2013, first dependent of the 10 yr long residence successful applicant, must switch to FLR(M) and if they can amalgamate their 2 year leave (PBS dependent + FLR(M) dependent), they can apply for SET(M), even immediately, if and only they are dependent of certain PBS dependent such as T-1 (not PSW) and T-2, not T-4 or T-5, because T-1 (not PSW) and T-2 is called accelerated route to settlement.
pls see below: the following will be in place from 6th April 2013.
Delete paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) and substitute:
“(d) the applicant was admitted to the UK or given an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant;
and then obtained an extension of stay under paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules and has completed a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of the person who is now present and settled here; or”.

AND SEE ALSO THE CLARIFICATION
"To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement."

PLS MIND THAT I THINK I AM 99% RIGHT. FOR THE INFORMATION.

PLS ADVICE ME IF I AM WRONG.

thanks

kutub8090
Newly Registered

Post by kutub8090 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello everyone, good afternoon.
i am an silent reader of the forum. i am an mid august applicant for long residence category.
i would like share you two topics:
topic one: information from lots of member regarding their application and their action, we know that HO have huge back log (nearly 9 month) for processing the application. But my question to all that
how come they made the decision of some application who applied in End October or even January?
Secondly, i want to know, when i call to HO about the progress of my application, every time i ring, they replied "application process is not completed", Does it mean that "application assigned to caseworker but not decision has been made".
Like other i have been frustrated, depressed as my case is pretty straightforward and also i have included everything in my covering letter.
thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Paisa Vasool

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 pm

kutub8090 wrote:But my question to all that
how come they made the decision of some application who applied in End October or even January?
You can try doing this if you wish to make your voice heard. Because, they might need a big blast to listen to your pleas
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Savali
Newly Registered

Out of curiosity

Post by Savali » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Just out of curiosity - and to try and get my head round the inconsistencies in processing times - how many here applied for ILR more than a month before their current leave was due to expire? I wonder if UKBA impose any 'penalty' for this...For instance in my case my existing (student visa) leave was due to expire Oct 31 2012, but I hit my 10yrs in Aug which is when I submitted my app. In light of the rule about renewing your leave only when you have a month or less left on existing leave, might this be impacting some applications? Or maybe I'm getting paranoid...

smshad

Post by smshad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi,
Long residence category does not allow in person applications.
See page5 of the document below (12 Applying in person)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
It used to be some years ago but they closed it giving reasons that long residence applications require detailed investigation and require more time to decide.
imraniqbal2010 wrote:Is there any possibility in the near future to get
same day appointments for ILR under 10 year catagorey??

AMH

Re: Out of curiosity

Post by AMH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 pm

That doesn't makes difference as long as you hit 10yr period. My current leave was until Dec2012, but I applied in Sept2012. You can apply not before 28days as 10yr period to complete regardless of your current leave expiry
Savali wrote:Just out of curiosity - and to try and get my head round the inconsistencies in processing times - how many here applied for ILR more than a month before their current leave was due to expire? I wonder if UKBA impose any 'penalty' for this...For instance in my case my existing (student visa) leave was due to expire Oct 31 2012, but I hit my 10yrs in Aug which is when I submitted my app. In light of the rule about renewing your leave only when you have a month or less left on existing leave, might this be impacting some applications? Or maybe I'm getting paranoid...
7A8M6H

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Has anyone made a complain to the UKBA AND received a response? I've emailed them 3x, sent a snail mail letter x1, and sent fax x1 with no response at all. Contacted MP 2x (Cons) who responded both times saying he will contact UKBA but no news since.
As someone previously mentioned, if it's gonna take 9 months, I'd rather know about it now than kept in the dark. FFS!!
Trying to read up procedures to contact the Ombudsman but apparently I have to do it via the MP, and I have only just contacted him about 10 days ago (so a bit reluctant to push him)..SIGH :roll:

johnathanable
Newly Registered

Recieved a reply from my August application

Post by johnathanable » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I have received a reply from my early application. My case is straightforward - I have been student for 9 years + 1 year (PSW). I entered UK when I was 15. Today I have received a letter from Home office below:
..."To help me consider the matter, please send me evidence of residence in the UK from 2003 to present date. Acceptable documents would be wages slips covering the period letters or documents from your GP showing attendances for the relevant dates. Utility bills for the period and bank statements (in your name) showing withdrawal for the period." ....
I have 14 days to provides these documents.

My question is
1) Has anyone received a letter like this before?
2) Would they accept qualifications as part of considerations (i.e.g GCSE, Alevels and University cert.)
3) Its unlikely that I can find everything for them within 14 days (in fact their letter dated on 19th March - so there are only a week and a bit left). Is there any chance to extend the time limit?

Thanks a lot for your help
Nels

smshad

14 years route has already been closed as of 9th July

Post by smshad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi,
14 years route has already been closed as of 9th July, 2012.
Refer to page2 of the document below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

10 years rule comes under EU Human Rights Directive, if this Govt pulls out of EU then they will get power to abolish 10 years route as well. There is a debate going that Tories want to pull out of EU treaty.
imraniqbal2010 wrote:
Hwima wrote:
Hi
Well, they might can think to close the 14 year illegal catagorey but no chance of scrapping 10 year rule.

lrk
Newly Registered

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by lrk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
lrk wrote:
1 - Is there any risk that when We go there and case worker might say that since you have booked for SET(M) but your wife only qualifies for FLR(M) . Can case worker say that he/she will not entertain us since we have booked for wrong category and I need to book new appointment for FLR(M) ?

If you are booking before April 6th, then you dont pay anything against appointment. so, why not book SET(M) under your wife's name and book another appointment for FLR(M) using your login and cancel this if SET(M) goes fine.

2) and other thing is will I loose fees ?

No, Not that I know of. To lose your fee they should consider your case.

3) finally, how can we convince case worker that My wife should be able to apply directly for SET(M) since My wife came in this country in March 2011 as an dependent of work permit holder so she completes her two yrs in March 2013.

Because, your wife has been in this country as your dependant for 2 yrs, you can try saying them that she's been here as WP dependant and has crossed the 2 yr qualifying period ala the way punjabis mentioned.
Having said this, please bear in mind that this is just a trial and not guaranteed. it could go either ways. This is purely based on my personal assumptions
Thanks Damanisshallo for response.

May I take this opportunity to ask relating to point 1: Actually still I have not received my ILR i-e waiting. I booked an appointment on 26th but I have to cancel this tomorrow on 25 th. I hope it will not affect me in anyway even though it would not be 48 hrs before. Does it matter if not cancelled or cancelled with in last hr.
My Second question is Say suppose if we receive only passport and documents tomorrow and not BRP, can I still apply for my wife FLR(M) or SET(M) given the appointment is on 26th April ?
Thanks again

smshad

Re: Recieved a reply from my August application

Post by smshad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi,
What do you mean by early application? When did you apply and in which category?
I have not noticed in this forum that anyone else received similar request. Could be new delaying tactics from UKBA.
Your letter might have a contact detail so you may ask them to extend 14 days deadline. If you get hold of any one in UKBA, tell them to extend your time keeping in mind Easter break as well, so you don't have much time left.

1. GP records should not take long because all previous historic records are kept with current GP. Go to your current GP, explain your situation and they will pull out your records, photocopy and give it to you. Make sure they put surgery stamp on every page. I had to do this for missing stamp on passport and my GP charged me £10.00

2. If you have got online banking then print your bank statement as far back you could and get these stamped in branch, this shouldn't take you long. I think you may not be able to get more than 7 years back because banks are not liable to keep more than 7 years record by Law.

3. If you ever paid council tax or enrolled in electoral register, call your relevant council(s) to request the confirmation letter. Councils are usually very good in prompt response.

4. You must have extend your visa during these years, recall all your dates whether posted or attended yourself, mention this in a covering letter to be considered as an evidence.

5. I think UKBA should also accept letters from school/college/Uni. Try to get letters from all institutions. You can also get fee payment receipts from finance office of uni/college.

You can collect as much as possible evidence from different sources, explain all in a covering letter.

Hope this helps, all the best.
Shad.
johnathanable wrote:I have received a reply from my early application. My case is straightforward - I have been student for 9 years + 1 year (PSW). I entered UK when I was 15. Today I have received a letter from Home office below:
..."To help me consider the matter, please send me evidence of residence in the UK from 2003 to present date. Acceptable documents would be wages slips covering the period letters or documents from your GP showing attendances for the relevant dates. Utility bills for the period and bank statements (in your name) showing withdrawal for the period." ....

My question is
2) Would they accept qualifications as part of considerations (i.e.g GCSE, Alevels and University cert.)
3) Its unlikely that I can find everything for them within 14 days (in fact their letter dated on 19th March - so there are only a week and a bit left). Is there any chance to extend the time limit?

Nels

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm

why they are looking this sort of doc. didnt you provide your current and previous passport?.
smshad wrote:Hi,
What do you mean by early application? When did you apply and in which category?
I have not noticed in this forum that anyone else received similar request. Could be new delaying tactics from UKBA.
Your letter might have a contact detail so you may ask them to extend 14 days deadline. If you get hold of any one in UKBA, tell them to extend your time keeping in mind Easter break as well, so you don't have much time left.

1. GP records should not take long because all previous historic records are kept with current GP. Go to your current GP, explain your situation and they will pull out your records, photocopy and give it to you. Make sure they put surgery stamp on every page. I had to do this for missing stamp on passport and my GP charged me £10.00

2. If you have got online banking then print your bank statement as far back you could and get these stamped in branch, this shouldn't take you long. I think you may not be able to get more than 7 years back because banks are not liable to keep more than 7 years record by Law.

3. If you ever paid council tax or enrolled in electoral register, call your relevant council(s) to request the confirmation letter. Councils are usually very good in prompt response.

4. You must have extend your visa during these years, recall all your dates whether posted or attended yourself, mention this in a covering letter to be considered as an evidence.

5. I think UKBA should also accept letters from school/college/Uni. Try to get letters from all institutions. You can also get fee payment receipts from finance office of uni/college.

You can collect as much as possible evidence from different sources, explain all in a covering letter.

Shad.
johnathanable wrote:I have received a reply from my early application. My case is straightforward - I have been student for 9 years + 1 year (PSW). I entered UK when I was 15. Today I have received a letter from Home office below:

My question is

Nels

johnathanable
Newly Registered

Post by johnathanable » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I have provided them my current and previous passport. Therefore it seems very odd that they ask for that much information now...
jitu_2677 wrote:why they are looking this sort of doc. didnt you provide your current and previous passport?.

Shad.

My question is

Nels

johnathanable
Newly Registered

Post by johnathanable » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I have applied for SET(O)
I havent saw anyone else has this letter too. So I thought this is a bit odd. And yes, they give me a name so I probably going to call her up tomorrow.
The problem is I tried to register with GP, but they never get back to me. And I didn't go to any Dr after the initial registration.
My bank is HSBC, and they don't do stamping these days but charging 1 pound per page or something.(And to date back for 10 years .... it can be quite a lot of money). So I am quite reluctant to do that. But I do have some pay slips in different time.
I have all the school letters and qualifications with me. So I think this is the only strongest evidence I have of being presence in UK.

And one of the side point, what if someone uses their parents bank account for their education fees and living cost. That means basically s/he will have almost no evidence?

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Much appreicated!
jitu_2677 wrote:why they are looking this sort of doc. didnt you provide your current and previous passport?.

Shad.

My question is

Nels

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:02 pm

johnathanable wrote:I have applied for SET(O)
I havent saw anyone else has this letter too. So I thought this is a bit odd. And yes, they give me a name so I probably going to call her up tomorrow.
The problem is I tried to register with GP, but they never get back to me. And I didn't go to any Dr after the initial registration.
My bank is HSBC, and they don't do stamping these days but charging 1 pound per page or something.(And to date back for 10 years .... it can be quite a lot of money). So I am quite reluctant to do that. But I do have some pay slips in different time.
I have all the school letters and qualifications with me. So I think this is the only strongest evidence I have of being presence in UK.

And one of the side point, what if someone uses their parents bank account for their education fees and living cost. That means basically s/he will have almost no evidence?

Shad.

My question is

Nels
Hi, Near to me it is easy and simple just ask SAR from your bank, what every record they have up to now, they are liable to provide you, any correspondence you u did with bank , only charge you 10pound. if you have driving licence , you can write to dvla they will send u SAR as well with 10pound, all your previous addresses. Get letter from your institutions where you use to study, they will give you copy. As you get acknowledgement letter from banks, and else where send them copy of it, you are waiting to receive full record next within max 4o days.
GP letter you can get quicker too, council letter easy and quick, various other record, if you been appear to AQA A level examine, they have your record, if you appeared GCSE they have your record, uni have your record. So these I think so have sufficient records.
Sometime case worker can ask these sort of documents , don't worry reply them within this time framework and keep record, every your correspondence.

Best wishes for you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 pm

lrk wrote: May I take this opportunity to ask relating to point 1: Actually still I have not received my ILR i-e waiting. I booked an appointment on 26th but I have to cancel this tomorrow on 25 th. I hope it will not affect me in anyway even though it would not be 48 hrs before. Does it matter if not cancelled or cancelled with in last hr.

No, this shouldn't affect you. But try to cancel it as a gentleman's gesture.

My Second question is Say suppose if we receive only passport and documents tomorrow and not BRP, can I still apply for my wife FLR(M) or SET(M) given the appointment is on 26th April ?

If I were you, I'd take my passport and the approval letter and explain to them the situation coz I'd have nothing to lose.
Skydrives, Templates

andie_83

Re: Out of curiosity

Post by andie_83 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Savali,

I applied on the 22nd of July 2012 and my current student visa does not finish until Oct 2013 (visa which was granted end of 2010).

I guess is a possible theory that they are taking longer in process applications like mine because I applied when still having more than a year in my current visa. Nevertheless, this shouldn't make a difference really.
Savali wrote:Just out of curiosity - and to try and get my head round the inconsistencies in processing times - how many here applied for ILR more than a month before their current leave was due to expire? I wonder if UKBA impose any 'penalty' for this...For instance in my case my existing (student visa) leave was due to expire Oct 31 2012, but I hit my 10yrs in Aug which is when I submitted my app. In light of the rule about renewing your leave only when you have a month or less left on existing leave, might this be impacting some applications? Or maybe I'm getting paranoid...

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi Johnathanable,

Just a quick comment. I have applied on the same basis as you and when I filled in the application form they asked to send documents covering my presence in the UK for every year.

I thought this was really silly because I was sending my old and new passports + who better than themselves to check this as my visa's have been renewed throughout the year with them.

Anyway, I sent requested documents just to make sure they didn't bother me.

Didn't the application form you filled ask you to enclose these documents?

Shad.

My question is

Nels

johnathanable
Newly Registered

Post by johnathanable » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 am

Hi there,
They didn't actually. Because I have all my stamps on my passport and student visas. I think that it is clear enough that I am in UK to study (I thought student visa would be de facto evidence as my presence in the UK)
I have sent them all my passport too. I am worrying because I don''t have all 10 years bank statement. And I had switched from Halifax to HSBC, so some of my really early days bank statement is probably lost forever...so I really hope they accept my qualfications as part of the evidence even they didn't mention on the letter.

Regarding to the application form, I gave to a lawyer to have a quick check too, and he said I don't need to include any banking statement because of my previous status as 9 years students and 1 year psw. So I am abit surprise they ask for such an extensive period of time....
andie_83 wrote:Hi Johnathanable,

Just a quick comment. I have applied on the same basis as you and when I filled in the application form they asked to send documents covering my presence in the UK for every year.

I thought this was really silly because I was sending my old and new passports + who better than themselves to check this as my visa's have been renewed throughout the year with them.

Anyway, I sent requested documents just to make sure they didn't bother me.

Didn't the application form you filled ask you to enclose these documents?

Shad.

johnathanable
Newly Registered

Post by johnathanable » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 am

Thanks for letting me know I can ask for SAR letter. The only slight problem I have is I closed my Halifax account ...and it was the beginning of the first 4 years. I think I can get the HSBC bank letter pretty easily from what I heard from you which is good news.
amjadleeds wrote:

Shad.
Hi, Near to me it is easy and simple just ask SAR from your bank, what every record they have up to now, they are liable to provide you, any correspondence you u did with bank , only charge you 10pound. if you have driving licence , you can write to dvla they will send u SAR as well with 10pound, all your previous addresses. Get letter from your institutions where you use to study, they will give you copy. As you get acknowledgement letter from banks, and else where send them copy of it, you are waiting to receive full record next within max 4o days.
GP letter you can get quicker too, council letter easy and quick, various other record, if you been appear to AQA A level examine, they have your record, if you appeared GCSE they have your record, uni have your record. So these I think so have sufficient records.
Sometime case worker can ask these sort of documents , don't worry reply them within this time framework and keep record, every your correspondence.

Best wishes for you