ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A letter from home office ...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnathanable
Newly Registered

A letter from home office ...

Post by johnathanable » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 pm

I have received a reply from my early application. My case is straightforward - I have been student for 9 years + 1 year (PSW). I entered UK when I was 15. Today I have received a letter from Home office below:
..."To help me consider the matter, please send me evidence of residence in the UK from 2003 to present date. Acceptable documents would be wages slips covering the period letters or documents from your GP showing attendances for the relevant dates. Utility bills for the period and bank statements (in your name) showing withdrawal for the period." ....
I have 14 days to provides these documents.

My question is
1) Has anyone received a letter like this before?
2) Would they accept qualifications as part of considerations (i.e.g GCSE, Alevels and University cert.)
3) Its unlikely that I can find everything for them within 14 days (in fact their letter dated on 19th March - so there are only a week and a bit left). Is there any chance to extend the time limit?

Thanks a lot for your help
Nels

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Usually visa copies/ukba acknowledgement letters meet the requirement to prove legal continuous residence. This looks very unusual letter for the category you applied.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: A letter from home office ...

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

johnathanable wrote:I have received a reply from my early application. My case is straightforward - I have been student for 9 years + 1 year (PSW). I entered UK when I was 15. Today I have received a letter from Home office below:
..."To help me consider the matter, please send me evidence of residence in the UK from 2003 to present date. Acceptable documents would be wages slips covering the period letters or documents from your GP showing attendances for the relevant dates. Utility bills for the period and bank statements (in your name) showing withdrawal for the period." ....
I have 14 days to provides these documents.

My question is
1) Has anyone received a letter like this before?
2) Would they accept qualifications as part of considerations (i.e.g GCSE, Alevels and University cert.)
3) Its unlikely that I can find everything for them within 14 days (in fact their letter dated on 19th March - so there are only a week and a bit left). Is there any chance to extend the time limit?

Thanks a lot for your help
Nels
You only need to send the documents they have requested for.Pl. contact them immediately and ask for more time if you need to collect the said documents.They might extend the date by one more week.