ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advertisment?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

advertisment?

Post by khan_81 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:44 am

hi all,
I have sent my application on 11 of February and I sent three forms of advertisement which are website pages, Yell.com and facebook page.
i have seen some members application got rejected because of no name on their advertisment,
My website clearly states my names and my profile but in yell.com and facebook page i have just my company name and the business profile,
So do I have to worry or relax as one of my material got my name on it?
any reply will be appreciated.[/code]

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Any suggestions members ?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: advertisment?

Post by rehan01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I am in same situation I have sent 3 form of advertisement material .... complete website printout and contact us page includes mine and my team member name and job titles etc ...... yell.com advertisement just company name and services provided and same with gumtree.co.uk advert ........

I have also attached my business card with the advertisement so let c I am just hoping it will be ok but with ukba you never know.

lets hope for the best.

regards
khan_81 wrote:hi all,
I have sent my application on 11 of February and I sent three forms of advertisement which are website pages, Yell.com and facebook page.
i have seen some members application got rejected because of no name on their advertisment,
My website clearly states my names and my profile but in yell.com and facebook page i have just my company name and the business profile,
So do I have to worry or relax as one of my material got my name on it?
any reply will be appreciated.[/code]

removed user

Post by removed user » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Same here. I'm thinking of sending additional evidence of advertisement - Any suggestions? to which address should this be sent to? Shall we just put a cover letter with caseid and send it or do we need to fill in some form?

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Gumtree adverts are removed/ hidden after certain period. So by the time UKBA opens that link that you have sent, they might not be able to see anything in that link unless they click the hidden details. Mine shows the same as in the advert is hidden in the link that I sent to UKBA but thankfully I have included few others adverts as well which I hope should be suffice. Fingers crossed!!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi surveyer,

Yes u r rite gumtree advert do go odd after couple of weeks but could you plz tell which other free websites you ave used to advertise your business apart from yell.com?

Regards
surveyer wrote:Gumtree adverts are removed/ hidden after certain period. So by the time UKBA opens that link that you have sent, they might not be able to see anything in that link unless they click the hidden details. Mine shows the same as in the advert is hidden in the link that I sent to UKBA but thankfully I have included few others adverts as well which I hope should be suffice. Fingers crossed!!

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 pm

rehan01 wrote:Hi surveyer,

Yes u r rite gumtree advert do go odd after couple of weeks but could you plz tell which other free websites you ave used to advertise your business apart from yell.com?

Regards
surveyer wrote:Gumtree adverts are removed/ hidden after certain period. So by the time UKBA opens that link that you have sent, they might not be able to see anything in that link unless they click the hidden details. Mine shows the same as in the advert is hidden in the link that I sent to UKBA but thankfully I have included few others adverts as well which I hope should be suffice. Fingers crossed!!
Rehan, you could post on Craigslist, Qype, Yelp, Thomsonlocal. There are many more which you can find out through google if you want more websites. Hope that helps.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks Surveyer.

regards

surveyer wrote:

Regards
Rehan, you could post on Craigslist, Qype, Yelp, Thomsonlocal. There are many more which you can find out through google if you want more websites. Hope that helps.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 pm

hi surveyer,

when did you applied? u applied as single applicant or as team?

regards
surveyer wrote:

Regards

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 am

My friend got his visa about a week ago, he didn't advertise anywhere, however, he did the following:

Company website had clearly stated his name and role - Khan81 et al already have done this, so this is rather crucial

In-house printed leaflets and business cards

Advertised an apprentice job with Jobcentre

I think most of you guys got the above covered so no worries there.

I hope this helps.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks for the info Jabs, much appreciated.

I have mention my name and my team member name in contact us page of our company website with the role and job title.

hopefully it will be ok but I have also submitted printout of advertisement in gumtree and yell.com but we didn't mention any name on those advert on the advertisement sites.

I simply have no idea how ukba is accessing tier 1 application look like looking for a small excuse which lead to refusal.

also I have not submitted declaration with my application as I have applied as team as per policy guidance there is no instruction about the declaration if funds in applicant joint account.

I know everyone got different opinion in regards to this some people say yes we need to submit some people say we don't but on this forum someone got there visa refused because of this and I am so confused that shall I get the declaration done and submit as additional documents or just wait for the outcome as some people got there visa approved with out declaration too, simply no idea how ukba is working n deciding these cases.

please advise

Jabs wrote:My friend got his visa about a week ago, he didn't advertise anywhere, however, he did the following:

Company website had clearly stated his name and role - Khan81 et al already have done this, so this is rather crucial

In-house printed leaflets and business cards

Advertised an apprentice job with Jobcentre

I think most of you guys got the above covered so no worries there.

I hope this helps.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am

Rehan

I urge you get the declaration out ASAP, this won't do any harm but add leverage to your application.

As for the Ads, you have done more than required.

business genius

Post by business genius » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:59 am

Regarding adverisement i m also confused.
Yell and local thomson have no option for name,so in Yell i put my name in the profile section and take print out.
I did other advertisement on craiglist with name on it.
Sent my visitng card also.
But i didnt send my website as i couldnt have the time to get it done.Now i m thinking that i have to get it done and have to send the print out of it.In marketing i just send the following things;
Business plan
visitng card
craiglist adv with name on it
Yell adv.
Any suggestion be appreciated and i have applied on 26th March and payment is still not deducted.