ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info available to airport immigration staff within the EU

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tanim_84
Newly Registered

Info available to airport immigration staff within the EU

Post by tanim_84 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

I was just wondering what personal information (about me) is accessible by airport immigration staff (or officers) in different EU airports when passing through them, like do they have access to information about my marital status or who my spouse is, my children, my occupation, my institution, my address etc?

Also do they have a shared database between countries within the EU, holding this information?

I know its a bit of a weird query but any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:40 am

Why would you like to know this? Is there something you don't want them to know about?
Regards

tanim_84
Newly Registered

Post by tanim_84 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Hahahaa! I knew there would be at least one response like this. :) as an immigrant living in UK for the last 8 years, I have had lengthy communications with the HO. I don't think there's anything the UKBA or the HO don't already know about me, probably know more about me than myself. :) I just wanted to use my freedom of information to know how much freedom the immigration staff at the airport have with my information because some of them seem to be cluelessly typing and staring at their computers and rudely asking weird, sometimes awkward questions. I'm sorry but just been harassed and looked down upon one too many times hence the post on here. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me though. I appreciate it!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 am

Machine readable passports do include these detail and be able to read.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Machine readable passports do include these detail and be able to read.
Oh and you know that for a fact do you?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm

tanim_84 wrote:Hahahaa! I knew there would be at least one response like this. :) as an immigrant living in UK for the last 8 years, I have had lengthy communications with the HO. I don't think there's anything the UKBA or the HO don't already know about me, probably know more about me than myself. :) I just wanted to use my freedom of information to know how much freedom the immigration staff at the airport have with my information because some of them seem to be cluelessly typing and staring at their computers and rudely asking weird, sometimes awkward questions. I'm sorry but just been harassed and looked down upon one too many times hence the post on here. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me though. I appreciate it!
What sort of weird, sometimes awkward questions?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 am

Have you considered lodging a complaint? It may help if you did.

If you were harassed or spoken to in a discourteous manner, it may be wise to make a complain, so if it an issue regarding poor training, then such training could be provided, to prevent yourself or other enduring the same fate in future.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 am

INSIDER wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Machine readable passports do include these detail and be able to read.
Oh and you know that for a fact do you?

:lol: