ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender certificate for PIO holder

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gentlejuke

Surrender certificate for PIO holder

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am

hi, I am surrendering my indian passport to get OCI. Do I have to get surrender certificate for my kid(2yrs) as well who is holding PIO already. He was born in UK and and I have applied for citizenship under sec1.3 last year. He has not claimed Indian citizenship at any time.

if surrender certificate not required, how can I return his PIO as I am planning to apply for his OCI along with me.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:02 pm

When you fill OCI application online you will have option whether you hold PIO or not.

for your kids you can tick that box.

For PIO's OCI fees is reduced and i remember it is 90£ when i applied for my son.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks Vij.

1. I think surrder certificate not applicable for my kid (who is a PIO holder). Can you confirm?

2. I am planning to submit surrender application in person, any friend/family person can submit application?