ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK to Tier 2 parents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BJV
Newly Registered

Baby born in UK to Tier 2 parents

Post by BJV » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

Hi, My husband is working in the UK on a Tier 2 Visa and I have a dependant visa. We have a 6 month old baby born here in the UK who now holds an Australian passport. I need to go to Australia urgently and would like to know if I will have problems bringing her back into the UK? Will she need a visa to re-enter?
We have not added her as a dependant on theTier 2 visa as yet and I believe it's not compulsory so we thought we’d wait until(if) we complete an extension application(?)
I would really appreciate any guidance.
Thanks very much

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Your baby doesn't need a visa as long as he/she remains inside the UK, living with you. But, she/he is still subject to immigration controls, meaning that the conditions of your stay applies to him/her regarding the public funds etc.

However, if your baby leaves UK border and wants to re-enter later, he/she must apply for a dependent visa in the british high-commision abroad. In your case, you should file a dependent visa application in Australia. You should carry the full-birth certificate of your baby, and evidence of support/maintenance (bank statements of you/partner). Please note that the end of validity of the visa issued to your child will be the same as that you.