ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross Pay calculation for ILR Tier 1 G

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seba

Gross Pay calculation for ILR Tier 1 G

Post by seba » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi,
I have a question on the gross pay calculation for the T1 G earning points.I am contributing pension in my salary. In my payslip the Gross pay shows as : (my original gross pay - pension contribution amount).
so, do I need to consider my gross pay after pension deduction or before ?

Can anyone clarify me pls?

Thanks

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

gross pay is what you earn, before any sort of deductions, as far as it is mentioned on salary slips, i think, you should be ok

seba

Post by seba » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 pm

so, Do I mention my gross pay and calculate the amount before my pension has been deducted in PBS calculator and my covering letters? though my payslip written the gross as after pension amount ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm

seba wrote:so, Do I mention my gross pay and calculate the amount before my pension has been deducted in PBS calculator and my covering letters? though my payslip written the gross as after pension amount ?
You can claim points for your gross pay (which can include your pension contribution). But you do not need to do this. They way I see it you can choose one of the following options:

1) If your payslip doesn't show the pension contribution amount as part of your gross pay, then you won't be able to use your payslips as evidence to claim that amount. You'll probably need to get a letter from your employer instead of using payslips as evidence. Choose this option if you require your pension contributions in order to qualify.

2) If you qualify with the points you earned using your gross pay stated in your payslips (i.e. without pension contributions), then you can use your payslips as evidence. In this case, you will not be including your pension contribution amounts towards your previous earnings calculation.

seba

Post by seba » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks guru. I am eligible with the option 2 as you mentioned. But, still I wanted to show my high earnings by including my pension contribution as well. Getting an employer letter is a pain in my concern. so i would go for option 2 only..

Thanks.