ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hammad1224

English Language requirement

Post by hammad1224 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 pm

HI,

Just want to know the English Language requirement. I got my PSW based on ACCA which I wholly completed in the UK. Do I have to do English Language course?

Mr Legal

Re: English Language requirement

Post by Mr Legal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm

hammad1224 wrote:HI,

Just want to know the English Language requirement. I got my PSW based on ACCA which I wholly completed in the UK. Do I have to do English Language course?
No.because the same english requirement is for Entr T1 as it was during your application for PSW and you have already met this requirment being on PSW visa.

I think this will hopfully answer ur question.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I would disagree with Mr. Legal on this.

Check your degree, if it is present in the UKBA points calculator and If it gets 10 points. If it does not then you do not meet the requirement.

If you are on PSW visa then still you need to meet English requirement. There is no place in the form where it is stated that if you are on PSW visa, you do not need to meet English language requirement.

Similar was the case when Tier1General was open if somebody on PSW looking to apply for T1G had to meet English language requirement.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Dear Rizwan:

I think the member guy is going to apply under Tier 1 this year 2013,so most probably,he might have obtained his PSW based on acca in 2011,so his acca qualification is suffient to meet this requirment.

I believe if someone has PSW based on uk's degree,he doesnt need to provide further to meet the enqlish language requirement and if you know about something new,it will highly be appreicated if you share here.

And before when someone had to apply T1G from PSW and would require to meet the english language requirement despite the fact the he had PSW,but that time PSW was issued on diploma -certificate and now it is clear to all that PSW based on UK's degree doesnt need to meet english requirement.
Last edited by Mr Legal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

business genius

Post by business genius » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi
I think PSW itself meets the english level requirement.However,it is better to check on PBS calculator.I think ACCA is equivalent to UK Masters.

kandycity
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by kandycity » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 am

Hi guys,

Please don't provide wrong information regarding English language requirement for PSW holders when applying for entrepreneur visa. Not all PSW holders are eligible to claim 10 points. Because NOT ALL PSW HOLDERS ARE DEGREE HOLDERS. If you want to claim 10 points for English language, your qualification (Which you used to get PSW) must be equal to the bachelor's degree level in UK. If your qualification is not equal to this level, YOU MUST TAKE an Exam to meet the requirement. Very good example is my own situation. I was granted PSW in 2010 for my scottish HND and this qualification is below the degree level. So I had to take an exam. Point base calculator is very handy to check this and if you use it correctly, it will tell you if you get points for your qualification. If anyone is still in doubt, I can check your qualification for you. PLEASE DON'T PROVIDE WRONG INFORMATION AS IT WILL COST SOMEONE'S FUTURE.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: English language requirement

Post by rehan01 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:26 am

agree with kandycity and rizwan
kandycity wrote:Hi guys,

Please don't provide wrong information regarding English language requirement for PSW holders when applying for entrepreneur visa. Not all PSW holders are eligible to claim 10 points. Because NOT ALL PSW HOLDERS ARE DEGREE HOLDERS. If you want to claim 10 points for English language, your qualification (Which you used to get PSW) must be equal to the bachelor's degree level in UK. If your qualification is not equal to this level, YOU MUST TAKE an Exam to meet the requirement. Very good example is my own situation. I was granted PSW in 2010 for my scottish HND and this qualification is below the degree level. So I had to take an exam. Point base calculator is very handy to check this and if you use it correctly, it will tell you if you get points for your qualification. If anyone is still in doubt, I can check your qualification for you. PLEASE DON'T PROVIDE WRONG INFORMATION AS IT WILL COST SOMEONE'S FUTURE.