ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: Out of curiosity

Post by Hwima » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 am

andie_83 wrote:Hi Savali,

I applied on the 22nd of July 2012 and my current student visa does not finish until Oct 2013 (visa which was granted end of 2010).

I guess is a possible theory that they are taking longer in process applications like mine because I applied when still having more than a year in my current visa. Nevertheless, this shouldn't make a difference really.
Savali wrote:Just out of curiosity - and to try and get my head round the inconsistencies in processing times - how many here applied for ILR more than a month before their current leave was due to expire? I wonder if UKBA impose any 'penalty' for this...For instance in my case my existing (student visa) leave was due to expire Oct 31 2012, but I hit my 10yrs in Aug which is when I submitted my app. In light of the rule about renewing your leave only when you have a month or less left on existing leave, might this be impacting some applications? Or maybe I'm getting paranoid...
Hi

Interesting point about the time remaining on leave to remain at the time of applying. I had a good 9 months left then and now i've only got 3 weeks left. If that is the case I may still be eying the postman's every move for another month and a half at least. Assuming the UKBA have'n't touched yet. I'll have a breakdown if that's the case.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 am

Hwima wrote:

I applied on the 22nd of July 2012 and my current student visa does not finish until Oct 2013 (visa which was granted end of 2010).

I guess is a possible theory that they are taking longer in process applications like mine because I applied when still having more than a year in my current visa. Nevertheless, this shouldn't make a difference really.
Savali wrote:Just out of curiosity - and to try and get my head round the inconsistencies in processing times - how many here applied for ILR more than a month before their current leave was due to expire? I wonder if UKBA impose any 'penalty' for this...For instance in my case my existing (student visa) leave was due to expire Oct 31 2012, but I hit my 10yrs in Aug which is when I submitted my app. In light of the rule about renewing your leave only when you have a month or less left on existing leave, might this be impacting some applications? Or maybe I'm getting paranoid...
Hi

Interesting point about the time remaining on leave to remain at the time of applying. I had a good 9 months left then and now i've only got 3 weeks left. If that is the case I may still be eying the postman's every move for another month and a half at least. Assuming the UKBA have'n't touched yet. I'll have a breakdown if that's the case.
Hi sorry to hear that you have not received your ILR yet ,,,, as I am also still waiting ,,,nearly from 7 months. Just wondering if you are also from a High-risk country or Low-risk country? like me (High-Risk I think)
I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add a new Colum in spread sheet to record “ High-risk or Low risk” country which will allow to understand the behaviour of UKBA.

As I am following this forum from last 8 months and noticed that some people had received their documents back within few months even though their case were not straight forward, and others still waiting over 7-8 months even though their case are straight forward

Best of Luck everyone...

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm

In my case it took around 6.5 months (applied in mid aug) - people who have been waiting for longer than six months should complaint in writing and also approaching their MPs ( you all should have done by now) - I sent a few letters of complaint as soon as it was six months .

Also technically I am going to be applying for British Nationality using the 15 month rule ( 15 months from the day I sent my application for Set(O)). Anyone with any more information to share about this?

I know they are slower than a snail but we can't be treated like shit ...

:evil:

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello,

I had a look on the web to see whether there was a list of low or high risk countries and cannot find one. Based on what I have read there are a few countries mentioned.

Anyway, mine is for sure a low risk. I thought the fact I am from a country with low migration to UK plus I do not bring any dependents would make my application be processed quicker but nop.

I have read this forum for a while and there are plenty of people with families or dependents and possibly from high risk countries who had a quick response, so I don't think this is a factor.

I really think this is more of a random thing. Most likely our applications simply fall in the hands of a caseworker who decided to leave them aside. I honestly think so.
Hyper-PK wrote:
Hwima wrote:

Hi

Hi sorry to hear that you have not received your ILR yet ,,,, as I am also still waiting ,,,nearly from 7 months. Just wondering if you are also from a High-risk country or Low-risk country? like me (High-Risk I think)
I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add a new Colum in spread sheet to record “ High-risk or Low risk” country which will allow to understand the behaviour of UKBA.

As I am following this forum from last 8 months and noticed that some people had received their documents back within few months even though their case were not straight forward, and others still waiting over 7-8 months even though their case are straight forward

Best of Luck everyone...

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:44 pm

@Damanisshallo

Quick questions:

I had applied through an advisor 6 moth and 4 days ago but now I have to write/fax an expedition letter to UKBA due to serious illness of my brother. My advisor is not available at the moment, can I write this letter directly my self or I must have to wait for him.
One more thing I got my Acknowledge and biometric letters from Liverpool Office, PO BOX 306, Liverpool L2 0QN

shall I send them letter to this address or some other address:
Also I will fax the letter and relevant docs to fax No. 01512132910 and 08703369405. Are these be OK? Thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: Recieved a reply from my August application

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 pm

johnathanable wrote:Thanks for letting me know I can ask for SAR letter. The only slight problem I have is I closed my Halifax account ...and it was the beginning of the first 4 years. I think I can get the HSBC bank letter pretty easily from what I heard from you which is good news.
amjadleeds wrote:
johnathanable wrote:I have applied for SET(O)
I havent saw anyone else has this letter too. So I thought this is a bit odd. And yes, they give me a name so I probably going to call her up tomorrow.
The problem is I tried to register with GP, but they never get back to me. And I didn't go to any Dr after the initial registration.
My bank is HSBC, and they don't do stamping these days but charging 1 pound per page or something.(And to date back for 10 years .... it can be quite a lot of money). So I am quite reluctant to do that. But I do have some pay slips in different time.
I have all the school letters and qualifications with me. So I think this is the only strongest evidence I have of being presence in UK.

And one of the side point, what if someone uses their parents bank account for their education fees and living cost. That means basically s/he will have almost no evidence?

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Much appreicated!
jitu_2677 wrote:why they are looking this sort of doc. didnt you provide your current and previous passport?.
Hi, Near to me it is easy and simple just ask SAR from your bank, what every record they have up to now, they are liable to provide you, any correspondence you u did with bank , only charge you 10pound. if you have driving licence , you can write to dvla they will send u SAR as well with 10pound, all your previous addresses. Get letter from your institutions where you use to study, they will give you copy. As you get acknowledgement letter from banks, and else where send them copy of it, you are waiting to receive full record next within max 4o days.
GP letter you can get quicker too, council letter easy and quick, various other record, if you been appear to AQA A level examine, they have your record, if you appeared GCSE they have your record, uni have your record. So these I think so have sufficient records.
Sometime case worker can ask these sort of documents , don't worry reply them within this time framework and keep record, every your correspondence.

Best wishes for you
Hi even you close bank account still they are liable under data protection SAR access, what ever information they hold about you and your account.
regards
amjad leeds

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

stoorrey wrote:I had applied through an advisor 6 moth and 4 days ago but now I have to write/fax an expedition letter to UKBA due to serious illness of my brother. My advisor is not available at the moment, can I write this letter directly my self or I must have to wait for him.
One more thing I got my Acknowledge and biometric letters from Liverpool Office, PO BOX 306, Liverpool L2 0QN

shall I send them letter to this address or some other address:
Also I will fax the letter and relevant docs to fax No. 01512132910 and 08703369405. Are these be OK? Thanks
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to. As the owner of your documents, you've got complete right to talk to them regarding your case. However, they may decide to send the response to your representative or both.

Yeah you got the address right. You can send a copy to the address mentioned in the Templates link below.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Today i hit the 6 months mark (applied in September, 2012), still waiting..

Since my work place has premier status at UKBA, my HR said will chase it for me. Hopefully they will get me some information back. Also, I may need to contact MP and compliant to UKBA?

Another thing to share is regarding SAR.

I applied for SAR in 1st week of September, waited for 40 days, nothing happened, so re-applied again for SAR. This time, UKBA responded by saying they are dealing with my first SAR application, so rejected my second application.

In December I made a compliant by email, as it was more than 3 months. They responded to me after again 3 months, which is 1st week of March, saying even SAR is taking 6 months time.

Anyway I received my SAR last week, at lease it shows my ILR application is received.

One thing i have to say is SAR contains almost all my docs/info/case worker notes/boarding passes,etc. Good to have 10 years documents as a copy for 10 pounds..

Cheers..
S

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Friends:

COMPLAINING AFTER 6 MONTHS

1) Can anyone have a template doc to write to MP? Saves time drafting myself..

2) Also, on what FAX/Postal address i should contact UKBA to compliant?

Thanks for your help..

S

tinaysf
Newly Registered

ILR approval

Post by tinaysf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi all I have received ILR approval letter today after 13 months of wait. Unfortunately I have been removed from the sky drive..... Date applied 28 February 2012 thanks everyone this forum has really been helpful......

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 pm

newbie.scott wrote:1) Can anyone have a template doc to write to MP? Saves time drafting myself..

Hope this serves your purpose
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

andie_83

Re: ILR approval

Post by andie_83 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Many congratulations! wow, 13 months that must have been horrible.
Any particular reason your application was delayed?
tinaysf wrote:Hi all I have received ILR approval letter today after 13 months of wait. Unfortunately I have been removed from the sky drive..... Date applied 28 February 2012 thanks everyone this forum has really been helpful......

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:19 pm

andie_83 wrote:Many congratulations! wow, 13 months that must have been horrible.
tinaysf wrote:Hi all I have received ILR approval letter today after 13 months of wait. Unfortunately I have been removed from the sky drive..... Date applied 28 February 2012 thanks everyone this forum has really been helpful......

My last visa extension was refused went to appeal but appeal was also refused in upper tribunal. In the mean time I completed my 10 years. So my case was a bit complex also I have 6 points on my license which I declared on the application

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Congratulations!!! You are back on the Skydrive see if the dates are fine.
Skydrives, Templates

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Congratulations!!! You are back on the Skydrive see if the dates are fine.
Thanks Damanisshallo

mer3090
Newly Registered

Post by mer3090 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

tinaysf wrote:
andie_83 wrote:Many congratulations! wow, 13 months that must have been horrible.

My last visa extension was refused went to appeal but appeal was also refused in upper tribunal. In the mean time I completed my 10 years. So my case was a bit complex also I have 6 points on my license which I declared on the application
when did you vary to ILR and submit you ILR application?

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Dear @Damanisshallo Ur simply superb..
Saved my time..Thanks a lot once again...
Damanisshallo wrote:
newbie.scott wrote:1) Can anyone have a template doc to write to MP? Saves time drafting myself..

Hope this serves your purpose

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

WOW, CONGRATS MATE N THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR HAPPINESS WITH US..

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

newbie.scott wrote:Today i hit the 6 months mark (applied in September, 2012), still waiting..

Since my work place has premier status at UKBA, my HR said will chase it for me. Hopefully they will get me some information back. Also, I may need to contact MP and compliant to UKBA?

Another thing to share is regarding SAR.

I applied for SAR in 1st week of September, waited for 40 days, nothing happened, so re-applied again for SAR. This time, UKBA responded by saying they are dealing with my first SAR application, so rejected my second application.

In December I made a compliant by email, as it was more than 3 months. They responded to me after again 3 months, which is 1st week of March, saying even SAR is taking 6 months time.

Anyway I received my SAR last week, at lease it shows my ILR application is received.

One thing i have to say is SAR contains almost all my docs/info/case worker notes/boarding passes,etc. Good to have 10 years documents as a copy for 10 pounds..

Cheers..
S
Hi

It is ridiculous really. Nothing is easy with the UKBA these days. Gone are the days when it took 2 weeks to get everything done and dusted. Only time they will respond promptly is when they think they have a decent chance to remove someone.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm

tinaysf wrote:

Hi

Lots of similarities here. I hope mine will be dealt with in the same light as yours but I'm afraid I have a lot more issues including a criminal conviction which was spent at the time of application.
Congrats!

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Set (M) or Flr(M)

Post by malavan1234 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi guys,

Again thank you for all your advises. I need again your help if its possible.

I have got my ILR (as I said before last Saturday 23/03/2013). Now going to apply for my wife. just wonder in which category I need to apply for her? Set (M) or Flr (M)?
Bear in mind please that she has been in UK for 5 years and 2 months, 3 years on student depandent and 2 years on post studey work depandent.

I know many people saying that she has to apply under Flr (M), however her length of stay is more thatn 5 years so do you think its gonna be the case that we apply under Set (M) for her?

I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).

Thank you again.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Set (M) or Flr(M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 pm

malavan1234 wrote:I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).
Could you confirm which PEO did you managed to book your appointment?

From the fellow members of this forum, we've found that the staff at Croydon are bit adamant. However, you never know you could be lucky like some who managed to get their SET(M) processed instead or both FLR(M) & SET(M). If you are extremely lucky then you may get away without FLR(M). Otherwise, you may have to get both FLR(M) & SET(M) processed.

My advise is to fill up both forms and try to explain your situation to the case worker and see if you can frame them to get your SET(M) processed.

However, to be on a safer side book another appointment for the next day, just in case if the CW is reluctant to process both applications on the same day.

Bear in mind, the changes coming on 6th April may delay your wife's SET(M) for another 2 years. So, play safe!!!!
Skydrives, Templates

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 pm

My thought are always with you and those that applied before me. I have been waiting for today, to see you share the gr8 moment with us
Congratulations and enjoy your freedom

I must add, i am so addicted to this forum, i always check every 3 hours to see how my lovely people are getting on.

I will definitely share with you once i receive any correspondence from the Naturalization section of the HO

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Re: Set (M) or Flr(M)

Post by malavan1234 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).
Could you confirm which PEO did you managed to book your appointment?
From the fellow members of this forum, we've found that the staff at Croydon are bit adamant. However, you never know you could be lucky like some who managed to get their SET(M) processed instead or both FLR(M) & SET(M). If you are extremely lucky then you may get away without FLR(M). Otherwise, you may have to get both FLR(M) & SET(M) processed.

My advise is to fill up both forms and try to explain your situation to the case worker and see if you can frame them to get your SET(M) processed.

However, to be on a safer side book another appointment for the next day, just in case if the CW is reluctant to process both applications on the same day.

Bear in mind, the changes coming on 6th April may delay your wife's SET(M) for another 2 years. So, play safe!!!!
I have booked for Liverpool tomorrow. I am really confuse! I dont know what to do exactly! its really like gambeling.
I have filled both forms and all documents are ready! also booked another one for Set(M) at Cardif 02/04/2013.

AMH

Life in UK

Post by AMH » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Can anyone please advise whether Life in UK which we submitted for ILR can be used for naturalization or do we have to take the new test?
7A8M6H