ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

11akb

Post by 11akb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Why lie wrote:
Why lie wrote:
tunab2 wrote:
Why lie wrote:Home office wrote to my mp on behalf of me this morning . They say my case is a case is a complex one . Reason being I have been an overstayer for 9 years. And there's no compassionate grounds for me regardless of my British child and life in the uk . It also states that , it could take up to September for a decision to be made , and if I'm refused there would be no right to appeal !
So sad !
Sorry to hear ur story, Hold on strong don't feel beat up by that. I have the same story as u. I came in 2000 with student visa but around 2003 i could not afford school fees anymore, overstayed until last year when i applied.
I am applying based on british daughter who is 1yr and a half now and i am not married to the mum yet. The HO will try and scare you that you have no right to appeal but if you can prove that you are actively involved in ur child life and removing you will affect the child they can do anything about it and you can request a JR (Judiciary Review) in which case i am 90% sure they will have to allow u to stay.

In my case i stay with my daughter everyday so the mum can go to work so if they take me away my daughter will be badly affected and the mum cannot go to work. I phone the HO in sheffield this week and they said my case is pending but i will kepp bugging them until i get satisfaction.

Stay strong and pray!
A friend of a friend who works at the ukba croydon told me today , discretionary leave cases (flro) could take up to 2 years as they have a massive back log to clear . Discretionary leave applications are least on their priority,And those of use who applied with no leave to remain ie (overstayers ) are in for a long wait.
Dont worry mate good time will come............ the longer they take better for us they will left no choice than grant us.................... its a weather let us down............ they are lods of ppl waiting ....we will pass......... there no way back .......keep strong and believe youself........... As Queen said keep calm and carry on ...Flro app in 22 june Bio done in august

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Tao wrote:Hi everyone , I am renewing my discretionary visa granted in 2009 here is my timeline
Application send - 26/09/12
acknowledgment letter received -29/09/12
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric letter - 22/02/13
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting
I guess we r on the same page... Im gona give them a call by next week if i dont hear anyting from them and get my mp to contact them plus make a complaint to pariliment ombudsman...

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Tao wrote:Hi everyone , I am renewing my discretionary visa granted in 2009 here is my timeline
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting
I guess we r on the same page... Im gona give them a call by next week if i dont hear anyting from them and get my mp to contact them plus make a complaint to pariliment ombudsman...
How long did you wait for your first discretionary visa. Mine took 3 years, I hope its not going to be that long this time on renewal.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Tao wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting
How long did you wait for your first discretionary visa. Mine took 3 years, I hope its not going to be that long this time on renewal.

Yh mines did took\ 3 years aswel

11akb

Post by 11akb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:41 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting
hi do u think its good idea to complaint and get visa ?

Prince74

Re: My own opinion

Post by Prince74 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:00 pm

lekmat01 wrote:It's sad reading the forums that flr O applicant never received their visa since last year.Well I don't know why people applying for the first can't fill a form FLR M because I did have a child of 7months old when I applied to the HO with my British wife then I received my visa last month February..I was meant to fill a form FLR O but my solicitor told me to change it to FLR M which I did and later told me to do the English test Grade 2,I received my decision letter on February 13th the HO told me that I was granted based on my child who is British Citizen and I have a genuine and subsisting relationship with my son...I was granted 30 months which am going to renew for another 30 months....I am happy that I didn't submit FLR O form or else I will be on the queue now as well....I am not happy with the way they kept you waiting at all
Your case must have been one out of a million. Usually FLRO would have been the correct form to use. Did you have a valid visa when you applied?

majojo

10 year partner route

Post by majojo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:19 pm

hi guys i want to ask something. is the 10 year partner route to settlement on the FLRO form the same as discretionary leave. i havnt seen anything like that. i want to ask.the reason si that i appleid for 10 yar partner route to settlement reaason is becasue i could not apply for FLRM since i and my wife do not have 6 months payslips but we only had 3 months pay slips which was £1550 combines each month and calculating that in a year it exceeds the 18600. also she had a surgery thats why she could not work until 3 months after that. also i could also not work since i was on student visa and i could only work full time when my course ends officially so i finised my course officially on sep 2012 and started working full time in october and used the 3 months pay slips i also applied 15 days before my student visa expired. any help on this or can any one tell me what my chances are. this is my time line
applied 15th jan
HO reced 16th jan
money taken 17 jan
ACK letter recv 21st jan dated 17th jan
Biometrics recev 15th march dated 8th march
did dio on 18th march
doc. waiting
brp. waiting and believing for good news

any one can help if they can

SICOV
Newly Registered

Re: flro waitaing

Post by SICOV » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 am

11akb wrote:hi my story is that i applied for FLRO application under Articale 8 on family life and long residency and 3 kids born here its been long time and call HO every week but same answer that application is not finish and i have to wait

Date Applied/Docs sent: 20/06/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 23/06/2012
Date Fee Taken : 25/06/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 06/08/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 10/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: - Waiting -
Date Biometrics received : - Waiting -[/b]
Last edited by SICOV on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 am

majojo wrote:
tei123 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
tei123 wrote:DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting
Yeah, Applied 5th october 2012, Acknowledgement 26th october dated 23rd october,biometric done 1st march dated 21st february.. Im doing a extension though so hoping to hear from them anytime now..Fingers cross

am not the only one left in this limbo,but mine is a fresh application so it might take long.all the best fingers cross u will get some good news soon
have you done your biometrics yet... do you mind sharing your story
yes i have done it already...27/02/2013, i came to UK in 2007 on a visit visa.overstayed till now,i have been with my British partner for nearly 3 and half years now,we only got married 01/12/12..i applied based on a private life.

how abt u?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Ive got a friend who recently extended her 3 year discretionary leave but was granted 2.5 years leave and no recourse to public funds.. I thought she meant to do another 3 year again then she can apply for ILR... So they basically granted her the visa under the new rules

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:39 pm

[quote="sanny26"]Ive got a friend who recently extended her 3 year discretionary leave but was granted 2.5 years leave and no recourse to public funds.. I thought she meant to do another 3 year again then she can apply for ILR... So they basically granted her the visa under the new rules[/quote]

That was a technical fault from her case worker !!! she need to appeal the decision ASP or consult an adviser .

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm

justice12 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Ive got a friend who recently extended her 3 year discretionary leave but was granted 2.5 years leave and no recourse to public funds.. I thought she meant to do another 3 year again then she can apply for ILR... So they basically granted her the visa under the new rules
That was a technical fault from her case worker !!! she need to appeal the decision ASP or consult an adviser .
Yes her solicitor going to appeal it....

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting

HELLO EVERY ONE!

I have lodged an application on FLR (o) form for discretionary leave to remain like 6 months ago...on my last extension my Biometric card's remarks mentioned NO WORK as i was student...for some quite reasons i have switched to FLRo discreationary leave despite of tier4 extension.

My question is that how can i get permission from HO for work as it is more than 6 months now that my application is still with home office and i am unable to work unless i have some documents of work permission. my timeline is:

Application submitted 30/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter 07/09/2012
Biometric letter 14/02/2013
Biometric done 22/02/2013
Docs return waiting

please guide!

i wish good luck to all the applicants

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:45 am

Drmahmoodakhtar wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Payment taken - 18/10/12
Biometric done-23/02/13
Decision - still waiting

HELLO EVERY ONE!

I have lodged an application on FLR (o) form for discretionary leave to remain like 6 months ago...on my last extension my Biometric card's remarks mentioned NO WORK as i was student...for some quite reasons i have switched to FLRo discreationary leave despite of tier4 extension.

My question is that how can i get permission from HO for work as it is more than 6 months now that my application is still with home office and i am unable to work unless i have some documents of work permission. my timeline is:

Application submitted 30/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter 07/09/2012
Biometric letter 14/02/2013
Biometric done 22/02/2013
Docs return waiting

please guide!

i wish good luck to all the applicants
while your application is being decided your right of stay/work is based on your immigration status when you applied. So if you couldn't work when you applied you cannot work until your visa has been decided

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi every one just to ley you know that today I receive this letter from ukba giving me a week to send more evidence like passport of my child and birth certificate which I'm pretty sure I sent, not the passport though why would they want her passport, anyway I withdraw my application but is good news that after 14 months they are actually considering cases so good luck to everyone and I just hope they send my passports soon...

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Elisha47 wrote:Hi every one just to ley you know that today I receive this letter from ukba giving me a week to send more evidence like passport of my child and birth certificate which I'm pretty sure I sent, not the passport though why would they want her passport, anyway I withdraw my application but is good news that after 14 months they are actually considering cases so good luck to everyone and I just hope they send my passports soon...
to be honest with you, i told a friend of mine last week about yr case and the reason why they are delaying to return your document,i told him they may have opened yr file and considering granting you a stay when you requested for withdrawal.you shall be smiling before this time next month.mark my word.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 pm

[quote="Elisha47"]Hi every one just to ley you know that today I receive this letter from ukba giving me a week to send more evidence like passport of my child and birth certificate which I'm pretty sure I sent, not the passport though why would they want her passport, anyway I withdraw my application but is good news that after 14 months they are actually considering cases so good luck to everyone and I just hope they send my passports soon...[/quote]

can you tell us please exactly what are they asking for ?
as i'm pretty sure that's they can't ask for passport and bc at the seem time !
did they ask you for 2 years cohabitation ?
can you share with us , this my help other people .

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 pm

justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:Hi every one just to ley you know that today I receive this letter from ukba giving me a week to send more evidence like passport of my child and birth certificate which I'm pretty sure I sent, not the passport though why would they want her passport, anyway I withdraw my application but is good news that after 14 months they are actually considering cases so good luck to everyone and I just hope they send my passports soon...
Well UKBA is asking me for :
1. Passport for your child.
2. Child Birth Certificate
3. Documentary evidence of where we live
4. Detailed bank statements of past 6 months.
5. 2 years of continuous documentary evidence of us living together as in 2 years before from the day I sent my form.
6. Evidence that I have knowledge of life and language in the UK.

This letter is dated 15 of March, receive today March 25 and they give me
until 2/04/13 to receive this documents.
I thought FLR O discretionary leave didn't ask for English requirement, but they do, for the moment I need to go back Mexico to see my family so no longer seeking for the visa, and my partner is willing to go back with me for a year or so to Mexico, and after that will see.

I hope this can help some of you with the documents they might ask...

All my good wishes are with all of you and hopefully they return all your visas soon so you can move on because been in this limbo is so stressful.

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm

justice12 wrote:
UKBA documents required:
1. Passport of my child
2. Child Birth Certificate (which I know I've sent)
3. Documentary evidence of place of living.
5. 2 years of continuous documentary evidence up until the day I applied January 17 2012.
6. Evidence that I have knowledge of live and language in the UK to our required standard.

and a reply is required by 02 April 2013.
I thought they didn't ask for English requirement..., but anyway I do not need the visa now as I have a family emergency so we decided to go Mexico for at least 1 year and I will apply from there.

I hope this news help some of you, be ready with this kind of documents and hope you all get your visas soon, because its no fair having us waited for this long is so stressful, wish the best of lucks to all of you...

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Elisha47 wrote:
justice12 wrote:
UKBA documents required:
1. Passport of my child
2. Child Birth Certificate (which I know I've sent)
3. Documentary evidence of place of living.
5. 2 years of continuous documentary evidence up until the day I applied January 17 2012.
6. Evidence that I have knowledge of live and language in the UK to our required standard.

and a reply is required by 02 April 2013.
I thought they didn't ask for English requirement..., but anyway I do not need the visa now as I have a family emergency so we decided to go Mexico for at least 1 year and I will apply from there.

I hope this news help some of you, be ready with this kind of documents and hope you all get your visas soon, because its no fair having us waited for this long is so stressful, wish the best of lucks to all of you...
could you believe that i applied same day as you?i applied on 17/01/2012 and still waiting

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm

[quote="Elisha47"][quote="justice12"][quote="Elisha47"]Hi every one just to ley you know that today I receive this letter from ukba giving me a week to send more evidence like passport of my child and birth certificate which I'm pretty sure I sent, not the passport though why would they want her passport, anyway I withdraw my application but is good news that after 14 months they are actually considering cases so good luck to everyone and I just hope they send my passports soon...[/quote]

can you share with us , this my help other people .[/quote]

5. 2 years of continuous documentary evidence of us living together as in 2 years before from the day I sent my form.

I thought FLR O discretionary leave didn't ask for English requirement, but they do, for the moment I need to go back Mexico to see my family so no longer seeking for the visa, and my partner is willing to go back with me for a year or so to Mexico, and after that will see.

All my good wishes are with all of you and hopefully they return all your visas soon so you can move on because been in this limbo is so stressful.[/quote]

I advice you to send off at least 2 or 3 thing , you my get your status back in 1 week , better then going home empty hand ,good luck .

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:38 pm

justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:
justice12 wrote:

All my good wishes are with all of you and hopefully they return all your visas soon so you can move on because been in this limbo is so stressful.
I advice you to send off at least 2 or 3 thing , you my get your status back in 1 week , better then going home empty hand ,good luck .
you are right justice12,i would submit few things out of this list above if i found myself in this situation.i think they knew she stand 100% chance of getting her visa in mexico ,thats why they requested more documents from her again.and if she refuse to send any,she may be refuse and it may delay her application for some time in mexico.am advising you to push on and get yr visa in uk please.

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 pm

N/A
Last edited by Drmahmoodakhtar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 am

First of all to expect people to advice on your maters you need to let them know your immigration history in this country from the day one til now !
people know shit about your situation how come they advice you, all you says is you switch your visa from tier 4 to FLR O
- are you married
- have you got any kids born here
- on what ground have you switched your visa from tier4 to flr o
- is there any compassionate circumstances to do so ecx....
plus 6 month is not an awful long time !!!!!

Amid
Newly Registered

Post by Amid » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am

Hi guys,can anyone please help to shed some light on Appendix FM and what you know about it,also how it works? I heard from this March 5th Appendix FM has replaced DLR. Am not sure if the application form is FLRO or SETO and as to the fees am not sure if it has changes from £561 to £1,850 or £991 or if they remain at £561. Please advise on anything you know. One thing am sure of is recourse to public funds has been removed from the 30 or 33 months limited leave to remain that they are giving now on flro. Please guys if I said anything that is incorrect please correct me nicely :D