ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punjabis

Re: Set (M) or Flr(M)

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).
Could you confirm which PEO did you managed to book your appointment?

From the fellow members of this forum, we've found that the staff at Croydon are bit adamant. However, you never know you could be lucky like some who managed to get their SET(M) processed instead or both FLR(M) & SET(M). If you are extremely lucky then you may get away without FLR(M). Otherwise, you may have to get both FLR(M) & SET(M) processed.

My advise is to fill up both forms and try to explain your situation to the case worker and see if you can frame them to get your SET(M) processed.

However, to be on a safer side book another appointment for the next day, just in case if the CW is reluctant to process both applications on the same day.

Bear in mind, the changes coming on 6th April may delay your wife's SET(M) for another 2 years. So, play safe!!!!
Hi malavan1234

I recently had experience I did the same thing fill both forms in I did hand in both forms but asked on first window where they check forms and documents, once they decide all the process will follow them.

But you have to ask. "because, if you don't ask you don't get".

Punjabis

Re: ILR approval

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm

newbie.scott wrote:WOW, CONGRATS MATE N THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR HAPPINESS WITH US..
tinaysf wrote:Hi all I have received ILR approval letter today after 13 months of wait. Unfortunately I have been removed from the sky drive..... Date applied 28 February 2012 thanks everyone this forum has really been helpful......

Hi tinaysf

Big congratulations!!!!! 13 months torture must have been horrible. Now enjoy yourself with relief.

Punjabis

ILR holder children

Post by Punjabis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Can anyone advise on this,

Me and my wife both recently got ILR. I got first on 10yr basis. I had tier 1G visa before that and I have 2 children's born here. At the moment they both have tier1G dependent visa.

My understanding is, (correct me if I am wrong) I can register them as British national, I am going with NCS service but appointment time is too far. By that time my children's visa will finish by than. Does it matter? I have no travelling plans so no worries about that.

Could you pls advise?

Many thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR holder children

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Punjabis wrote:Could you pls advise?
Child born in the UK - Read Q29 - Q32.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

let_koko

Re: Life in UK

Post by let_koko » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 am

AMH wrote:Can anyone please advise whether Life in UK which we submitted for ILR can be used for naturalization or do we have to take the new test?
You dont have to take the test anymore, just keep the original.

alisha123
Newly Registered

RE: IRL APPROVAL

Post by alisha123 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 am

Congratulation Tinaysf....13 months of waiting....We thank God for your freedom ..enjoy it.
Just a quick one, did you apply based on 10 YEARS on the 28th of February 2012 or was that the date you applied for your visa extention which was refused?

lrk
Newly Registered

Post by lrk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:41 pm

malavan1234 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).
Could you confirm which PEO did you managed to book your appointment?
From the fellow members of this forum, we've found that the staff at Croydon are bit adamant. However, you never know you could be lucky like some who managed to get their SET(M) processed instead or both FLR(M) & SET(M). If you are extremely lucky then you may get away without FLR(M). Otherwise, you may have to get both FLR(M) & SET(M) processed.

My advise is to fill up both forms and try to explain your situation to the case worker and see if you can frame them to get your SET(M) processed.

However, to be on a safer side book another appointment for the next day, just in case if the CW is reluctant to process both applications on the same day.

Bear in mind, the changes coming on 6th April may delay your wife's SET(M) for another 2 years. So, play safe!!!!
I have booked for Liverpool tomorrow. I am really confuse! I dont know what to do exactly! its really like gambeling.
I have filled both forms and all documents are ready! also booked another one for Set(M) at Cardif 02/04/2013.
Hi malavan1234/Damanisshallo
Iam also in same situation, I booked an appointment on 26th March but had to cancel as I did not receive my ILR. Actually we have ID on the name of my wife, She will apply for FLR(M) or SET(M). How can we book two appointments, shall I open account on my name as well and then book appointment for her ? Not sure realy.
Simple question is how can we book appoints as FLR(M) on one day and SET(M) on second day ?
Thanks in advance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm

lrk wrote:Actually we have ID on the name of my wife

What does that mean?

She will apply for FLR(M) or SET(M).

As suggested earlier, could be one after other/same time/SET(M) Straight away. Depends on your luck & the CW you speak to.

How can we book two appointments, shall I open account on my name as well and then book appointment for her ?

Yes, thats the only way you can book two. (Thumb Rule: 1 Appointment per person)

Simple question is how can we book appoints as FLR(M) on one day and SET(M) on second day ?

Don't know what you mean. I think the previous answer applies.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

newbie.scott

Interesting read..

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Interesting read..
UK Border Agency 'not good enough' and being scrapped . The UK Border Agency is to be abolished with its work returning to the Home Office, Theresa May has announced.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21941395

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Perhaps after this report:

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/comm ... -FINAL.pdf

Theresa May opened her eyes to split UKBA...but I wonder if this will make the caseworkers to work even more slowly...considering they know now it will be split!!

I worry about my application and its been over 7 months now. Called them yesterday...the lady was rude so I asked to speak to a supervisor...who strangely asked for my mobile number. Has anyone had this before??

Contacted my MP...and was told my file has been accessed but no decision yet. According to report (link above) it takes 45 minutes for a caseworker to make a decision on an application....so why does it takes 6 months??

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi @specy_99

Which number have you phoned? i just hit 6 months mark yesterday, tried to contact UKBA on 0870 606 7766, but the "option" to know about "application progress" lead me to a dead ended voice message..

specy_99 wrote:Perhaps after this report:

Theresa May opened her eyes to split UKBA...but I wonder if this will make the caseworkers to work even more slowly...considering they know now it will be split!!

I worry about my application and its been over 7 months now. Called them yesterday...the lady was rude so I asked to speak to a supervisor...who strangely asked for my mobile number. Has anyone had this before??

Contacted my MP...and was told my file has been accessed but no decision yet. According to report (link above) it takes 45 minutes for a caseworker to make a decision on an application....so why does it takes 6 months??

missniu
Newly Registered

Hope

Post by missniu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 pm

I hope this will facilitate our applications now. It's been 7 months since 16th August!!! I am tearing my hair out

[quote="specy_99"]Perhaps after this report:

Contacted my MP...and was told my file has been accessed but no decision yet. According to report (link above) it takes 45 minutes for a caseworker to make a decision on an application....so why does it takes 6 months??[/quote]

endan
Newly Registered

Post by endan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Use option 4
newbie.scott wrote:Hi @specy_99

Which number have you phoned? i just hit 6 months mark yesterday, tried to contact UKBA on 0870 606 7766, but the "option" to know about "application progress" lead me to a dead ended voice message..

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Drama

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm

What a drama?

UKBA on 25 Feb 2013 wrote:The proposed fee increases takes place against a difficult financial context for the UK Border Agency and the government as a whole. We believe our proposals to increase fees strike the right balance between ensuring the UK Border Agency continues to provide a world class service and maintaining a fees structure that does not inhibit the UK's ability to continue to attract those businesses, migrants and visitors who most benefit the UK.
House of Commons on 19 Mar 2013 wrote:39. Senior Agency staff should not receive bonuses until there is evidence that the backlog is being substantially reduced and new backlogs are not emerging.(Paragraph 74)

40. Despite the closure of the controlled archives, 96,000 cases since last quarter, the total backlog has only reduced by 1%. New backlogs are continuing to emerge. The Agency’s work affects thousands of people’s lives, public safety, public services and the economy, but it continues to be an Agency playing catch up. Until we are able to publish a Report on the Agency both without the discovery of a new backlog and with a decrease in the present backlogs we will not be able to declare it fit for purpose. (Paragraph 75)
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks @endan..
endan wrote:Use option 4

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks @endan..
endan wrote:
Use option 4

newbie.scott wrote:
Hi @specy_99

specy_99 wrote:
Perhaps after this report:

Yes just phone the number on your acknowledge letter and choose option 4 and then 2...Phoning early morning after 9 am is better as it goes to a recorded message after 10 am. Hope this helps! All the best!

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:57 pm

@newbie.scott

Call 0870 606 7766 press option 4, then option 3 , then press 1 and then hold the line for a while and you will surly speak to some one.

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Call 0870 606 7766 press option 4, then option 3 , then press 1 and then hold the line for a while and you will surly speak to some one.
I tried it and I was told that I need to go through the right options!

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 pm

specy_99 wrote:
I tried it and I was told that I need to go through the right options!
I talked to someone only yesterday via this method, its different from person to person. Just try again.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:56 pm

As all of you might know now that UK Border Agency soon to be scraped. Will it make any differences for us............??

What do you guys think?

Is it a bad news or good for us?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:14 pm

stoorrey wrote:What do you guys think?
Huh, Some how I have a feeling that Mr Cameron was right in saying that the UK needs the ‘brightest and the best’ for sure at least to work at the UKBA /Home Office.
Skydrives, Templates

Savali
Newly Registered

Post by Savali » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm

stoorrey wrote:As all of you might know now that UK Border Agency soon to be scraped. Will it make any differences for us............??

What do you guys think?

Don't think this will make any difference: it's all just smoke and mirrors! If it was serious heads would be rolling. As it is Theresa May is still in a job, the current head of UKBA is getting a job at the Home Office, and the immediate former head of UKBA is now the boss at HMRC!! Makes me wonder why I've sweated blood these past 10 yrs to get residence...

kaalimurgi
Newly Registered

ukba

Post by kaalimurgi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

I think that will make processing of applications easier and now they will clear the backlog soon

Savali wrote:
stoorrey wrote:As all of you might know now that UK Border Agency soon to be scraped. Will it make any differences for us............??

What do you guys think?

Don't think this will make any difference: it's all just smoke and mirrors! If it was serious heads would be rolling. As it is Theresa May is still in a job, the current head of UKBA is getting a job at the Home Office, and the immediate former head of UKBA is now the boss at HMRC!! Makes me wonder why I've sweated blood these past 10 yrs to get residence...

Savali
Newly Registered

Re: ukba

Post by Savali » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 pm

I wish I could share in your optimism Kaal, but while there is a political agenda linked to immigration it will just be different toilet same shit, pardon my French...
kaalimurgi wrote:I think that will make processing of applications easier and now they will clear the backlog soon

Savali wrote:

What do you guys think?

Nobbly
Newly Registered

Patience is key!!!

Post by Nobbly » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi all

Well I have just decided to cancel my bookings today in order to get some money back rather than lose it all. I was due to travel on the 5th April 2013.
I am missing out on my best friend's wedding but at least she totally understands. The key now is to be patient.

My advice to those just after 6months please don't waste your credit calling 08706067766 because you will get very frustrated...I applied on 19/09/12 so over 6 months therefore I called 3 dfferent times yesterday and I got same responses.

I was lucky all of them were very professional and polite...the last guy I spoke to nicely made it clear to me...."I am sorry you just going to be patient and calling us will not help because there is nothing we can do but tell you IT'S NOT YET COMPLETED and when it's completed we will tell you IT'S COMPLETED AND SENT OUT... We can never know why it's not ready or when it will be ready so please just be patient"

And patient I am going to be. The great thing is the projects I am working on have accepted the acknowledgement letter in the meantime.

So yeh, guys lets be patient and I am off here now and will be back to share my success story when I eventually get my documents.

Good luck to you all still waiting!!!
Last edited by Nobbly on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.