ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCA Comparability

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moh
Newly Registered

ACCA Comparability

Post by moh » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi

I am an ACCA member. Do i need to provide a comparability letter considereing its a UK professional degree?

Under the old rules ACCA was equal to UK Masters degree, is it still the case?

Thanks

moh
Newly Registered

Post by moh » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Got a reply from homeoffice .

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.

It is not mandatory that applicants provide comparability letter with their applications. Once we have received your application, the caseworker will do all the necessary checks on your qualifications.

Kindest Regards

HSMP Team

My e-mail;

I am a qualified member of ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) which is a UK professional degree. I am planning to apply for HSMP. Do i need to provide a comparability letter with my degree ? I understand that ACCA being a UK degree was considered equal to Masters under the previous HSMP rules. If i do need the comparability letter ,could you let me know where do i get it as NARIC does not compare UK professional degrees.

flamenco

Post by flamenco » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:04 pm

You need an original comparability letter from ACCA to be sent to H.O alongwith your ACCA certificate. My application got rejected first time just due to scanned signatures on the ACCA comparability letter. I had to apply again supplying them another letter from ACCA with original signatures.

durraq
Newly Registered

ACCA Affiliate Status

Post by durraq » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Guyz!

1)- ACCA Affiliate Status:

Does ACCA Affiliate Status qualify for HSMP? Please note I am an ACCA Graduate from UK (meaning I have passed all examinations) but haven't acquired 3 years of relevant experience which is essential inorder to be called an ACCA Member.

I do have a 'Letter of UK degree equivalency', which I received from ACCA. This letter states that ACCA itself is equivalent to BSc Hons and that according to ACCA literature it is also considered equal to UK Masters Degree. I think the letter is satisfactorily written and can be used as evidence???

Question is still, Do I have to acquire full membership or ACCA Affiliate/Graduate status is fine for the purpose of applying???

Please help so that I can expedite the application process.

2)- Fees Structure:

Secondly, has the fees of HSMP changed to £400?? Just now visited www.workingintheuk.com and there is related material there.

Thanks for your help guyz!