ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR urgent help required regarding points Bachelor's Degree

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdf786

ILR urgent help required regarding points Bachelor's Degree

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 am

I was on HSMP and extending my staying by applying on 19 March 2010. Received my approval on 09 April 2010. Now i comes under this statement:

Applications for indefinite leave to remain where you have had leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant,
Writer, composer or Artist, self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (general) Migrant under the rules
in place before 6 April 2010

But another statement says following:

You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted
leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31 March 2009 or
after 5 April 2010; or as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a self employed lawyer.

How can this be true?

Another thing is that my qualification used to be recognized in calculator. But now its recognizing but points given is 0.

So should i select following option then:

Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or Certificate was
provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application

please suggest urgently.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:23 am

When did you apply for your HSMP letter?

Please note that you will get same points as you got in your initial HSMP approval letter.
Goodluck.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 am

[iD] wrote:When did you apply for your HSMP letter?

Please note that you will get same points as you got in your initial HSMP approval letter.
I Applied for HSMP on 15 Feb 2008, i got points for my Bachelor degree at that time and when i applied for my extension, the same points were awarded again.

What about the other question ? I don't know what is the meaning of "calculator recognising"... My degree is recognized but points are not given... So should i select option:

Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application

OR

Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or Certificate was provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR urgent help required regarding points Bachelor's De

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 am

qfmomen wrote:You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted
leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31 March 2009 or
after 5 April 2010; or as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a self employed lawyer.

How can this be true?

Another thing is that my qualification used to be recognized in calculator. But now its recognizing but points given is 0.
For initial applications made during the time period between 31 March 2009 & 6 April 2010, no points were awarded for a bachelors degrees. I.e. this was due to a change to the T1G immigration rules. As your initial HSMP application was made outside that time period you were awarded points for your degree. When using the PBS calculator it is important that you enter the correct date where it asks when you made your initial application (15 Feb 2008?). I suspect the reason you are scoring 0 is because you have given a date which falls under the time period mentioned above. (Unless your degree has now been removed from the UKBA approved list).

Either way the option you should choose when applying for either an extension or ILR is "Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application "

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 am

cs95tdg wrote:
qfmomen wrote:You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted

How can this be true?

For initial applications made during the time period between 31 March 2009 & 6 April 2010, no points were awarded for a bachelors degrees. I.e. this was due to a change to the T1G immigration rules. As your initial HSMP application was made outside that time period you were awarded points for your degree. When using the PBS calculator it is important that you enter the correct date where it asks when you made your initial application (15 Feb 2008?). I suspect the reason you are scoring 0 is because you have given a date which falls under the time period mentioned above. (Unless your degree has now been removed from the UKBA approved list).

Either way the option you should choose when applying for either an extension or ILR is "Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application "
Thanks a lot.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 am

cs95tdg wrote:

How can this be true?

Thanks. So what your opinion is that i will get points for my degree because i was given in my initial and extension application, and i should select what you suggested. With this selection i don't need to send my degree with my application i suppose.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 am

Enter the correct date of application in the PBS calculator to verify whether the qualification is still recognised and that you are awarded the correct number of points for it. The reason I ask you to do this, is to make sure it hasn't been removed from the recognised list for any other reason - this is rare, but has happened if a qualification or college is found to be bogus, after initial application approval.

If you were awarded points for the qualification during your extension and intial application, and the qualification is still recognised by the UKBA then yes, you do not need to submit your degree certificate again.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am

Thanks.

The date which i should enter "From the help of calculator" is 29 FEB 2008. I can see everything fine in the dropdown lists but when i finish it shows points 0 and if i select relevant band, it shows me the point...

For any other date it doesn't give me option for bachelor degree.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 am

Did you use this calculator when you applied for your extension? If so did you enter the same date, and were you awarded the required points after selecting your qualification?

I'm trying to understand whether you qualification was ever recognised by the PBS calculator or not.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 am

cs95tdg wrote:Did you use this calculator when you applied for your extension? If so did you enter the same date, and were you awarded the required points after selecting your qualification?

I'm trying to understand whether you qualification was ever recognised by the PBS calculator or not.
Yes i cam remember it was recognised and points were given. At the time my extension calculator wasn't have any restrictions like it has now. I only can enter 29/Feb/2008 now.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I presume you do not fall under the HSMP JR as your initial application was made in 2008. Additionally you answered that question as No, in the calculator?

Depending on how confident you are about the qualification you have and the issuing authority/college (country of the college, does the college still exist, did you get the qualification verified by UK NARIC before you initial application etc...), you can decide whether you want to get it re-verified or not.

The alternative is to assume it is still valid and apply on the basis that it was recognised during both initial and extension applications. This is what most applicants do, as the application would be recognised on the calculator and it would assign the required points there. But for some reason unknown to me, it does not appear to be doing the same for your qualification.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I presume you do not fall under the HSMP JR as your initial application was made in 2008. Additionally you answered that question as No, in the calculator?

Depending on how confident you are about the qualification you have and the issuing authority/college (country of the college, does the college still exist, did you get the qualification verified by UK NARIC before you initial application etc...), you can decide whether you want to get it re-verified or not.

The alternative is to assume it is still valid and apply on the basis that it was recognised during both initial and extension applications. This is what most applicants do, as the application would be recognised on the calculator and it would assign the required points there. But for some reason unknown to me, it does not appear to be doing the same for your qualification.
Thanks. Yes everything is fine and intact. UK NARIC Verified but weird that Calculator is changed or whatever. But its been the case with many in this forum and almost all guys reported that it was fine for them. So it would be all good...