ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

validity of information obtained via SAR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

validity of information obtained via SAR

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi all,

I intend to make Subject Access Record (SAR) request very soon via form that can be found on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar

I dont have record of all my entries and exits dates in UK as the ink from the stamp on my passport is very difficult to read now.

Can i submit this info as an evidence of the dates when i left/entered UK to support my application based on 10-year long stay in UK

I dont have tickets etc to prove my date of arrivals etc as well. Hoping this SAR will be enough to convince UKBA that i have not been excessively absent from UK.

Waiting for your comments.

Regards,

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Generally speaking, a SAR need not be submitted as part of an ILR application because that information would anyway be directly accessible to the UKBA through their system records. While arrival stamps/landing card dates should be available via a SAR, exit stamp dates will not be, as passports are not stamped when departing the UK. The UKBA may use e-borders to check this information.

Do you possibly have copies of the passports you mention, which cover the 10 year residence period, where the stamps are possibly clearer - if they were taken in the past? If you do, then you can use those to determine your dates of travel.

Either way I suspect, the unclear stamps alone should not necessarily be a major cause for concern, if you know that you have not exceeded the absence threshold requirements for long residence applicants.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 pm

thanks.

I have all the passports (originals) which i have used to travel. and some possible photocopies as well.

my case is not even a borderline-case so i hope the absences from uk wont be an issue.

I can "guess" the dates but i dont want to inadvertantly lie on my application. There has to be a better mechanism somehow as the ink is now almost gone... I am just worried they might refuse my application because one of my "guess" will not be accurate and they may deem it as lying on my application form which is a serious offense.

What other things i can do to prove that i was in UK etc on xyz dates.

Regards,

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

arsenal49 wrote:thanks.

I have all the passports (originals) which i have used to travel. and some possible photocopies as well.

my case is not even a borderline-case so i hope the absences from uk wont be an issue.

I can "guess" the dates but i dont want to inadvertantly lie on my application. There has to be a better mechanism somehow as the ink is now almost gone... I am just worried they might refuse my application because one of my "guess" will not be accurate and they may deem it as lying on my application form which is a serious offense.

What other things i can do to prove that i was in UK etc on xyz dates.

Regards,
1. Employer's Letter of confirmation
2.Payslips for the period
3.Corresponding Bank statements
4.GP letter confirming attendance for appointments.

Some times on the SAR records you will not find your Travel History. Exit/Entry stamps. To your best of your ability try to get the dates from your Passport.(s)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Sar report is a good idea especially before making 10 years long residence application. Usually stamps on passport serve this purpose but Degrees/diplomas, bank transactions, payslips etc. all can also be used for this purpose.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

arsenal49 wrote:What other things i can do to prove that i was in UK etc on xyz dates.
You can prove that you were living in the UK in a broader sense by providing the documentation suggested by the previous two posters. E.g. Employment letters if you were/are working, Letters from educational institutes if you were/are studying, general utility bills, P60's, Bank statements, Registration with your GP etc..., this list will vary, depending on what you were doing in the UK during your residence period. Note however, none of these will necessarily serve the purpose of explicitly defining the dates you left and returned to the UK, but they will show/confirm that you were a resident in the UK during the given time period.

Find as many e-tickets, boarding passes etc... that you can. You may have them in email archives. Personally I would use any older but clearer photocopies of your passports to get the stamp dates; also use what you get back from your SAR. Look at annual leave records from work, if you were working and have a general think about when you were away. I'm sure minor deviations in dates will not be considered deception, but rather considered an acceptable lapse in memory when it comes to overseas holidays/family visits/business trips taken over a 10 year time period. You could also write a cover letter to this effect, explaining that the absences listed are accurate to the best of your knowledge, as your passports are old, with some entry/exit stamps that have faded.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks everyone for your help.

In light of the suggestions/advice i have received, i intend to gather following evidence.

This post might be useful for someone in future!

My background is: I studied here and then started working and still working!

1. get my accommodation contracts for every year i have been in this country. To prove that i was a resident in this country
2. Council tax letters
3. P60 forms (part time as well as full time)
4. possibly a letter from uni stating that i was a full time student between year abc and xyz and successfully finished my studies
5. photocopies of my old passports, which will include stamps more clearer than on my original passport
6. looking in emails to find airline tickets etc
7. any usable info from SAR
8. bank statements

Other things which may be helpful, but not useful to me personally.
1. GP appointments etc.
2. utility bills

I will update this list of things for future references if someone mentions anything to add to this list.