ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Imagine this Scenario...(Previous Passport Question)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Imagine this Scenario...(Previous Passport Question)

Post by Thought_Oasis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello Kind members,

I would like to imagine a particular scenario:

'If I have been granted naturalisation and acquire a British Passport sometime in the future. And so- I have to forgoe my Indian passport as a result of this.

However, my Indian passport expires in May (in about 3 months which is the time limit). Lets say if I don't renounce my citizenship and take my British Passport to visit India- how would they know I had an Indian passport previous to that?'

I know it sounds like a really silly question- however, I wanted to ensure any POSSIBLE scenario not to renounce the Indian Citizenship as it sounds like such a long drawn out process and the 'steep-ish' fees do not help either.

Anything to avoid any bureaucratic misadventures at the Indian High Commission.

Accept my gratitude for taking the time to read this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm

for a start, your british passport will list on the bio page where you were born! this might be a bit of a clue to authorities in india that you are/were indian!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks for that, Sir.

I was unaware they had a previous nationality page. However, just to realign- my country of Birth is Kuwait. Although my parents are Indian- I 've only been there twice for a couple of months.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm

So, how are you planning to visit India, by applying Visit Visa or OCI ... in which case you'd need to mention previous nationality which will then automatically ask you to submit surrender certificate with application.

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Oh yes- that sorts it. I will be asked for my previous nationality there-lol.

I was just trying to avoid a scenario to visit the high commission- but obviously that's not going to happen.

If anyone knows any easier way to apply for it renouncement and gaining an OCI card (like a premium application)-would truly appreciate it.

Very grateful for all your help uptil now.