ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name format on BRP card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balak2

Name format on BRP card

Post by balak2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm

I recently received my BRP card for my Tier1 (General) extension and would like to clarify the format in which the way 'Name' appears on the card.

My name as it appears on the passport is:

Surname - MiddleName LastName
Given Name - FirstName

But the way name appears on the BRP card is:

NAME
LastName
FirstName MiddleName

Please advise whether the way in which my name appears on the BRP card is fine or if it needs to be corrected as below:

NAME
MiddleName LastName
FirstName

balak2

Post by balak2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Any idea guys?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 pm

On mine it is

NAME
LastName
FirstName MiddleName

I don't care if it's the same or different to my passport - it's different issuing authorities - as long as your names are spelt correctly.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

balak2

Post by balak2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm

See the reply:

Thank you for notifying us of an error on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

In order for the BRP to be corrected, please send the BRP and your passport, along with a covering letter which clearly explains the reasons for returning the BRP, to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

A new BRP will be issued within 10 working days of receipt of your original BRP. This will be delivered by our couriers. You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your BRP.

We will return the passport under separate cover by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. This will entitle you to a maximum of £41 compensation from Royal Mail should your/ their passport be lost in transit. If you would prefer your passport to be sent by Special Delivery (for which the maximum compensation payable is £500), you must provide a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope large enough to contain your passport. UKBA will not assume financial liability for any loss of documentation while they are in the care of Royal Mail.

Please specify the address you would like your passport and replacement permit BRP (if different) sent to.
If you have used a representative for your leave to remain application, and are not returning your BRP via your representative, your passport will be sent to your residential address and your replacement BRP will be sent to your representative unless you specify otherwise.

Thank you
BRP Error Team